Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

On Maps and Game 3 - Many Images

2»

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,211
    Fishmen!

Seriously you don't want Warhammer. You want a Fantasy game of Total War.

A made up CA faction???

I'm awed at such an unnecessary, senseless, suggestion.

There is so much real content to add, why waste even a second of Dev time?
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,204
    Surge_2 said:

Fishmen!

Seriously you don't want Warhammer. You want a Fantasy game of Total War.

A made up CA faction???

I'm awed at such an unnecessary, senseless, suggestion.

There is so much real content to add, why waste even a second of Dev time?

Only to a biased screecher who puts on a happy mask but draws a knife like you. it would seem "wasteful" it’s a video game everything is wasteful.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    I mean from an existential perspective...sure, but here we are typing into the void.

Development time is not infinite.
    Resources are not infinite.
    Projects are not open ended.
    Tech has limitation.

In no world should any of your suggestions supplant or replace (and that's how it works) actual factions and content with context, history and location relevance.

Unless you want to tell me CA has an infinite budget and and unlimited number of artists you would flood the game with mediocrity, and for what? What is gained for the setting, for the game, to have fishmen or god **** forbid, a CA custom faction???

Surge_2 said:

I mean from an existential perspective...sure, but here we are typing into the void.

Development time is not infinite.
    Resources are not infinite.
    Projects are not open ended.
    Tech has limitation.

In no world should any of your suggestions supplant or replace (and that's how it works) actual factions and content with context, history and location relevance.

Unless you want to tell me CA has an infinite budget and and unlimited number of artists you would flood the game with mediocrity, and for what? What is gained for the setting, for the game, to have fishmen or god **** forbid, a CA custom faction???

Creativity and seeing cool new ****. Not the same recycled races over and over and over. To open up new possibilities for add venture and conquest. I love seeing new ****. The more recycled shut is the more I hate it. The current races are all tapped out mechanically and unit wise you can’t do much with them. Now a completely new faction like kislev with new units and diversity of content. More crazy matches and cool stuff like Cathay and seeing all the lore reactions of the old and new imagine it all. Or we can just get like 10 Empire dlc with the same roster and no real change in how they look or play. Screw new rivalries of factions let’s repeat the same old ones for 30 years.

You are purely nostalgia driven afraid of the new. I can enjoy both don’t get me wrong but prefer new.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    The factions are not tapped out at all though, that's my point here. There is still so much that could be done, that when this was discussed before people are already reasonably expecting it won't all get done!

I want new stuff as well.

Kislev, Dogs of War, Daemons, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves.

All new, but you know what else? Stuff that was poorly done to the point that is embarrassing, needs to be fixed!

Warriors of Chaos.
    Beastmen.

Then there is literal decades of history to fill out. Probably a dozen lord packs could be described, in detail and we didn't even get Araby!!

Like, sure, pie in the sky, give me the moon but I work in software. I look at the history of this project, as a totality from Game 1 to now on the cusp of Game 2 ending.

I'm just trying to be realistic here.

Do you want Beastmen, or do you want Skaven?

Your so dumb I can’t talk to you but thankfully ca and GW didn’t listen to players like you most if the time. I’ve reached the end of my patience with you. Oh I can’t wait to see your reaction when they reveal Cathay it’s going to be priceless.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    ROFL.

So you want Beastmen. Got it.