Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is this the most backlash a DLC has ever had?

Comments

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 28,223

Lorewise its on the contrary, after eating the troll flesh Grom's lost his hunger and no longer needed to eat so CA giving him a cook mechanic just feels like a testing ground for ogre kingdoms

The armybook has no references to that. But he has a rule literally called "eats elves for breakfast".
    this rule meant that goblins under grom's leadership didnt suffer from Leadership reduction from fighting elves like they did in tabletop under any other lord.
    Because he eats them.
    no, its because Groms is all a goblin wishes to be, strong, powerful and big, he's a living god to goblinkind so while under normal circunstances goblins are scared of elves because "dey stink funny" when under Grom's gaze they stand upright and advance fearlessly against anything be dragon, stinky elf or imperial gunline
    And because he eats them. Not so scary when your boss is slurping them down by the regiment.

• Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 171
    ArneSo said:

For all the complainers, we get 5 LL level characters and a Henri le massif level Coeddil.

How much does it need to make you happy? This is the biggest LP ever made by Ca, they really listened to the fanbase and all you guys can do is complaining and asking for more. It’s disgusting!

Technically you shouldn't be including Drycha and Coeddil in the count for the DLC, because apparently you get them regardless of whether you buy this DLC or not, as long as you have Realm of the Wood Elves.
  • AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218
    Wood Nation power!... ok that sounded better in my head.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,094
    Rheingold said:

No because its the same kiddies wining over and over and over ad nauseum...

Because making legitimate complaints about the lack of effort CA puts into a dlc is whining.
    CA have already made it clear that if we don't complain nothing changes, hell part of the reason why they do such bad communication is because they know most of the people will just buy the dlc no matter what.
    They said as much when talking about why 3k gets better communication.

People like you defending their every move and trying to dismiss all complaints don't help.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,666
    IS THIS THE MOST BACKLASH A DLC HAS EVER HAD?

No it is not. Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen got far more backlash then this DLC ever did.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,094

No it is not. Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen got far more backlash then this DLC ever did.
    Beastmen didn't receive backlash and at the time was considered good. It's just they haven't aged well.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,898
    Lord packs ranked from best to worst:

1. The Prophet and the Warlock
    2. The Warden and the Paunch
    3. The Hunter and the Beast
    4. The Shadow and the Blade
    5. The Queen and the Crone

Verdict is still out on T&T but as of now, I’d say it’s either #3 or #4.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,666

Beastmen didn't receive backlash and at the time was considered good. It's just they haven't aged well.
    Pretty sure it did due to roster size and the lackluster campaigns (Mini campaign and horde gameplay) and the backlash started with the Beastmen which l.lead to the mini campaigns being dropped after WE and the Campaign packs (Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast) replacing the race packs.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,522

lucibuis said:

I think last dlc was universally acclaimed except a few he fans. What about the ones before? I remember crine was panned, empire was praised

Elf mains are never happy with any content they get.
    5 pages in but this, THIS. I wouldn't describe myself as an Elf Main but I have spent more time with them than any other faction if you add it up I'd guess, but these people are literally NEVER happy. Not once, in the entire cycle of game 2 from pre-release to now have I EVER seen elf mains happy for more than like 5 seconds with any content drop. They always complain and whine and even if there are legitimate grievances they just go on and on and on that it gets insufferable to even listen to them. It's like they are actually elves.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 745
    "It's like they are actually elves"
    Lol thats actually the most perfect and accurate quote anyone has ever had on the forums.
    Would make a great sig as well.
    Maybe we all should use it.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 745
    edited November 2020

Rheingold said:

No because its the same kiddies wining over and over and over ad nauseum...

Because making legitimate complaints about the lack of effort CA puts into a dlc is whining.
    CA have already made it clear that if we don't complain nothing changes, hell part of the reason why they do such bad communication is because they know most of the people will just buy the dlc no matter what.
    They said as much when talking about why 3k gets better communication.

People like you defending their every move and trying to dismiss all complaints don't help.
    BS i have been quite critical of CA, there are issues that irritate no end with them.
    **** poor communication ( though with this absurd over the top reaction, no wonder they keep quiet)
    Patching cycle which is crazy long, their support for the game is really good - eventually.
    Leading to - taking an absurd length of time to fix thing that should have been fixed years ago.
    Can't blame for the communication problem anymore though, thats on us now...

Double edit, add power creep to the things I hate, and Teclis on his parrot. Scared a bit by the potential power creep in this dlc from the welf side.

But give credit where credit is due, they make amazing games and content, and the welfs looks amazing.
    Edit: not amazing content - some of the best they have ever done.
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 621
    Queen & Crone had worse backlash. Deservedly so.

This DLC gives far more than Q&C.

But Daith's Forge is still weak. Thankfully all the other free WE rework stuff makes up for that mechanic so I don't care too much.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,219
    People seem to forget on this forum, and even Reddit they are an absurdly small minority that has gotten so wound up on itself they forget any larger picture. You've willingly put yourself into the proverbial cave.

We do not represent 50%, not 20% not even 5% of the playerbase on here. We are nooooooooooooooooooooothing, but we do fall prey to the pitfalls of being a fandom.

Every DLC they've done has sold well. All of them. Beastmen to this one now. Even WoC had a time on the charts from people that bought late. It's a cash cow.

So sorry mate, the masses are not sad. The masses see two elves on top of a dragon and think it's cool. They see lots of skaven monsters and think it's cool. They buy. It's on the steam charts, only being beaten by other top end triple AAAs like cyberpunk. Where many of the DLCs have been the number one when they don't have a super strong rival.

I didn't get the giant rats I wanted but I'm not boohooing about it because I otherwise got so much. I'm happy with Thrott and the toys he brings. I'm happy with the WE and the toys they got. Two LH's, completely rework of a race, multiple monsters all around.

It's one of the better ones, but half the reason you guys think its all negative is all the positive people don't feel the need to come on and whine. Because science has learned that people who want to whine are far more likely to post about whining. Henceforth, pull your heads out of your collective arses and realize you're a tiny lil spec in the overall fandom that is full of itself.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    Nyxilis said:

People seem to forget on this forum, and even Reddit they are an absurdly small minority that has gotten so wound up on itself they forget any larger picture. You've willingly put yourself into the proverbial cave.

We do not represent 50%, not 20% not even 5% of the playerbase on here. We are nooooooooooooooooooooothing, but we do fall prey to the pitfalls of being a fandom.

Every DLC they've done has sold well. All of them. Beastmen to this one now. Even WoC had a time on the charts from people that bought late. It's a cash cow.

So sorry mate, the masses are not sad. The masses see two elves on top of a dragon and think it's cool. They see lots of skaven monsters and think it's cool. They buy. It's on the steam charts, only being beaten by other top end triple AAAs like cyberpunk. Where many of the DLCs have been the number one when they don't have a super strong rival.

I didn't get the giant rats I wanted but I'm not boohooing about it because I otherwise got so much. I'm happy with Thrott and the toys he brings. I'm happy with the WE and the toys they got. Two LH's, completely rework of a race, multiple monsters all around.

It's one of the better ones, but half the reason you guys think its all negative is all the positive people don't feel the need to come on and whine. Because science has learned that people who want to whine are far more likely to post about whining. Henceforth, pull your heads out of your collective arses and realize you're a tiny lil spec in the overall fandom that is full of itself.

This, most definitely this.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,359
    Nyxilis said:

This!
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,041
    Nyxilis said:

What you are saying is total BS.

Remember the lumberjacks in VP, they got changed because of the backlash of so-called minority.

Remember how after the WoC pre-order debacle CA made Norsca better as well as playable in game one because of the backlash of so-called minority.

Remember how the ports where nerfed and after steam reviews CA reversed it because of the backlash of so-called minority.

Remember how CA had to rush a monster unit for Q and C because of the backlash of so-called minority.

All the Forums, Reddit and most importantly Steam reviews effect the companies since if a game is consistently getting bad reviews, drop in customer numbers and sales are sure to follow.

Even if we are getting DLCs and FLC for game one races it is because of constant pressure from people who want all races to be in equal footing.

So be grateful to the so-called minority because of them so much was fixed and corrected in this game.
    LolTHELol said:

Nyxilis said:

Remember the lumberjacks in VP, they got changed because of the backlash of so-called minority.

Remember how after the WoC pre-order debacle CA made Norsca better as well as playable in game one because of the backlash of so-called minority.

Remember how the ports where nerfed and after steam reviews CA reversed it because of the backlash of so-called minority.

Remember how CA had to rush a monster unit for Q and C because of the backlash of so-called minority.

All the Forums, Reddit and most importantly Steam reviews effect the companies since if a game is consistently getting bad reviews, drop in customer numbers and sales are sure to follow.

Even if we are getting DLCs and FLC for game one races it is because of constant pressure from people who want all races to be in equal footing.

So be grateful to the so-called minority because of them so much was fixed and corrected in this game.
    There is a difference between a legit complain.. and...

"Woe is me, this is the worse DLC ever. It has the most backlash a DLC has ever had."

WoC wasn't just the forums, it was across the board and the masses put far more shade than this DLC by and far. It's like people who were around then completely forgot just how much flack they got, and not just from us here. Multiple gamer publications also picked that up since preorder cut content was all the vogue to complain about at the time.

Kharib was not rushed just because of that response. That conspiracy is utter garbage, they were just late getting it out. They'd hinted about the thing before Q&C even came out.

We have made changes, when they're well thought out and legitimate points.

Shall I mentioned the thousands more complaints ignored?

So saying, hey guys, this is wrong, does not function right. Present yourself well. Hey, you might very well get a change I I myself will complain.

But this? This woe unto me demagoguery? Saying it's the most backlash when the WoC backlash was there? How about when Norsca was delayed? Oh, or how about the reveal of Ghorst? Or even Q&C?

To compare it to any of those?

The OP is blatantly ignorant, and is excessively over blowing.

And best part is, had this discussion before about Eltharion and Paunchy. Said when launch day comes a bunch of casuals will flood in and say how they love it. Not understand all the haters. And leave and never come back. Surprise, more than the sum total of regular and part time posters to say good job. Why the hate? And left.

Guess what, will happen again.

So want to wallow in misery? Fine, you go do that to the tune of nothing. Want to make a legit well thought pointer to anything while understand you're not in the Beastman DLC? Better.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,041
    Nyxilis said:

LolTHELol said:

Nyxilis said:

"Woe is me, this is the worse DLC ever. It has the most backlash a DLC has ever had."

WoC wasn't just the forums, it was across the board and the masses put far more shade than this DLC by and far. It's like people who were around then completely forgot just how much flack they got, and not just from us here. Multiple gamer publications also picked that up since preorder cut content was all the vogue to complain about at the time.

Kharib was not rushed just because of that response. That conspiracy is utter garbage, they were just late getting it out. They'd hinted about the thing before Q&C even came out.

So saying, hey guys, this is wrong, does not function right. Present yourself well. Hey, you might very well get a change I I myself will complain.

But this? This woe unto me demagoguery? Saying it's the most backlash when the WoC backlash was there? How about when Norsca was delayed? Oh, or how about the reveal of Ghorst? Or even Q&C?

And best part is, had this discussion before about Eltharion and Paunchy. Said when launch day comes a bunch of casuals will flood in and say how they love it. Not understand all the haters. And leave and never come back. Surprise, more than the sum total of regular and part time posters to say good job. Why the hate? And left.

So want to wallow in misery? Fine, you go do that to the tune of nothing. Want to make a legit well thought pointer to anything while understand you're not in the Beastman DLC? Better.
    None will respond to normal demands anymore on internet, since they will get buried in comments by blind supporters of the company. OP might and might not be exaggerating but that is the way to get the attention of the people especially the product maker.

If you care about other DLCs actually getting GOOD mechanics and not lazy half rites then be glad there is at least some sort of backlash not just here but on reddit and steam.

If you blindly defend actions and completely stay silent when you see laziness, lies or bugs due to some not getting attention, they will never get any attention. Instead of trying to defend the lazy mechanics you could have chosen the word how lazy the mechanics were better but you chose to ignore them.

With this attitude we will get no good additions and any future content will be half baked easy to make stuff. People have every right to discuss their grievances with a product.
    LolTHELol said:

Nyxilis said:

LolTHELol said:

Nyxilis said:

None will respond to normal demands anymore on internet, since they will get buried in comments by blind supporters of the company. OP might and might not be exaggerating but that is the way to get the attention of the people especially the product maker.

If you care about other DLCs actually getting GOOD mechanics and not lazy half rites then be glad there is at least some sort of backlash not just here but on reddit and steam.

If you blindly defend actions and completely stay silent when you see laziness, lies or bugs due to some not getting attention, they will never get any attention. Instead of trying to defend the lazy mechanics you could have chosen the word how lazy the mechanics were better but you chose to ignore them.

With this attitude we will get no good additions and any future content will be half baked easy to make stuff. People have every right to discuss their grievances with a product.
    Nonsense, CA clearly reads these and they have made changes pushed by a small number of people as well of they are good or fair ideas.

It's also a disservice to declare legions of blind supporters while legions of cynics also exist. It's just putting you in some kind of exception that doesn't exist.

And I do not blindly defend actions and I complain about things CA foes all the time. I have gone on at length how I view the Vampire Coast as overpowered, lacking giant rats, and supply lines but I dont need to justify hyperbole.

Most other races would delight in getting what either the skaven or WR are getting. So keep kidding yourself that declaring absolutely everything the worst is anything bit stupid.
  • RicinRicin Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited November 2020
    This is my take,

From an update heralded as the wood-elf update, which in all likelihood will be the only update for this faction for the foreseeable future, this DLC is a disapointment.

It not that it is bad, or that they did not spend time creating it, the problem is that the new mechanics are overshadowed by the whole new set of cool toys the Skaven received, over the faction that this DLC was named after. The Skaven already had two amazing mechanics that create unique playstyles (ikit & Snikch) and this update adds a third. All Woodelf got was the sister's campaign which does not add much in terms of unique play from the other original factions (outside of the new forests, which applies to all factions) and a recycled scrap mechanic from the Greenskins. The Sisters vauls anvil mechanic is minor, and the items for the most part are crap and do not hold a candle to the new Skaven mechanic.

As it sits now, you can have three to four unique ways of playing the Skaven, and really only one way of playing woods elves (boring after one playthrough). The FreeLC for Drycha as mentioned previously is just a lazy copy of the Greenskin mechanic and offers nothing more than that.
    Post edited by Ricin on
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 4,170
    Somehow the backlash is always loudest after an elf release, weird huh?
    Reeks said:

Says the Skaven player. Somehow the backlash is always silent when the Skaven get new toys!

I for one haven't complained about any update until this one. I felt like I needed to comment after the wood-elves were ignored for so long, only to get this for an update, one step forward, and two steps back. Additionally, in another post I mentioned that HE in single player are OP as well, so for me, it's not an elf thing. I would be and will be making this same argument if CA drops the ball on the Beastmen update as well by giving another faction the more diverse mechanics during their update.
    Ricin said:

Reeks said:

Says the Skaven player. Somehow the backlash is always silent when the Skaven get new toys!

I for one haven't complained about any update until this one. I felt like I needed to comment after the wood-elves were ignored for so long, only to get this for an update, one step forward, and two steps back. Additionally, in another post I mentioned that HE in single player are OP as well, so for me, it's not an elf thing. I would be and will be making this same argument if CA drops the ball on the Beastmen update as well by giving another faction the more diverse mechanics during their update.
    Hey Dwarf players, would you have liked something like this during your rework?

Even if you make the same point for BM it's pretty poor judgement considering this blows out of the water updates for many races.
    Nyxilis said:

Ricin said:

Reeks said:

Even if you make the same point for BM it's pretty poor judgement considering this blows out of the water updates for many races.
    Your right, the new Skaven mechanic is one of the best updates since the last Skaven update.
    edited November 2020
    Ricin said:

Reeks said:

Buddy, Eshin's Magic Faction Delete Button got a lot of backlash and I myself will never stop pointing out how crap the very idea is.

edited November 2020

Ricin said:

Reeks said:

Buddy, Eshin's Magic Faction Delete Button got a lot of backlash and I myself will never stop pointing out how crap the very idea is.

This point completely ignores the fact that it adds unique mechanics, not reusing old ones. Your point also ignores the argument that other factions in comparison to Skaven, tend to get the short end of the stick. Just because you think a mechanic is OP (I'm assuming), doesn't make the idea stupid, at least CA was thinking outside the box creating unique mechanics. Maybe your happy with every lord playing like all others in factions, but obviously some aren't.
    Ricin said:

Ricin said:

Reeks said:

This point completely ignores the fact that it adds unique mechanics, not reusing old ones. Your point also ignores the argument that other factions in comparison to Skaven, tend to get the short end of the stick. Just because you think a mechanic is OP (I'm assuming), doesn't make the ides stupid, at least CA was thinking outside the box creating unique mechanics. Maybe your happy with every lord playing like all others in factions, but obviously some aren't.
    Nice goalpost shift. Wasn't your argument that no one ever complained about Skaven mechanics?

Ricin said:

Ricin said:

Reeks said:

This point completely ignores the fact that it adds unique mechanics, not reusing old ones. Your point also ignores the argument that other factions in comparison to Skaven, tend to get the short end of the stick. Just because you think a mechanic is OP (I'm assuming), doesn't make the ides stupid, at least CA was thinking outside the box creating unique mechanics. Maybe your happy with every lord playing like all others in factions, but obviously some aren't.
    Nice goalpost shift. Wasn't your argument that no one ever complained about Skaven mechanics?
    Actually, if you were following the thread I made that statement in response to the silly argument that was made that the complaints only come out during Elf updates, it was intended to be nonsenseical.
    Ricin said:

Nyxilis said:

Ricin said:

Reeks said:

Your right, the new Skaven mechanic is one of the best updates since the last Skaven update.
    It's just a clone of the Skyre one with some tweaks. By comparison anything cloned in WE is omg it's not new but the skaven got new new new!
    Nyxilis said:

Ricin said:

Nyxilis said:

Ricin said:

Reeks said:

It's just a clone of the Skyre one with some tweaks. By comparison anything cloned in WE is omg it's not new but the skaven got new new new!
    It isn't anything like Skryre's, unless by "clone" you mean any mechanic that applies any buff to units of any type. Then by your logic every mechanic that makes positive changes to units is a clone. The new Skaven mechanic is nothing like the Skyre mechanic in any other way, from how you earn resources, to distribution, little tech tree, and the possibility of creating something unstable.