Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven new units

BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 809
If you take a look here

you'll notice that the ROR are the abomination, rat ogres and mutant rat ogre. A cool list of RoR in my idea! Very thematic for our thicc boy the rat men

Its not all doom and gloom.

Tagged:

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,057
    edited November 2020
    *Haven't noticed any doom and gloom. Just some disappointment here and there*

Now let's see if i can understand spanish.

Edit: oh lmao. 14 hours until i can watch it XD

Guess i'll wait for the english uns.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 809
    Laindesh said:

No look at the picture wallpaper. Notice the top left. Its the RoR Ogres and Abomination. In addition, in the middle we see two extra units (wolf rats and mutant rat ogre). We know the rat wolves have two variants. Thus the mutant is the RoR
    Oh missed that, i just clicked the button and went with a fizzled "gooo..........". :p
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 230
    Remembering the presentation stream, about this DLC I’m worried about the introduction of Wolfrats and the possibility to spam behind your line...
    The most annoying thing imaginable ahaha

Remembering the presentation stream, about this DLC I’m worried about the introduction of Wolfrats and the possibility to spam behind your line...

I was worried about MP implications, until i realised 5 seconds later i don't play MP :p
    Laindesh said:

I was worried about MP implications, until i realised 5 seconds later i don't play MP :p
    LMAO :lol:
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 230
    Laindesh said:

Get ready with the AI cheats, you will found a bigger army on your rear than in front your first line
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 632

Laindesh said:

No look at the picture wallpaper. Notice the top left. Its the RoR Ogres and Abomination. In addition, in the middle we see two extra units (wolf rats and mutant rat ogre). We know the rat wolves have two variants. Thus the mutant is the RoR
    The steam page was updated with the unit types for the RoR. Skaven have rat ogres, mutated rat ogre, and hell pit. WE have Great Stag Knights, Dryads, and Zoats.

Laindesh said:

Get ready with the AI cheats, you will found a bigger army on your rear than in front your first line
    We'll see :)

Personally i'm looking forward to some skaven footage too (though i've played them....2 campaigns only).
    The fleshlab looks like fun and i kinda want to make a suicidal army of exploding rats lol.

Laindesh said:

The steam page was updated with the unit types for the RoR. Skaven have rat ogres, mutated rat ogre, and hell pit. WE have Great Stag Knights, Dryads, and Zoats.
    Oh right didnt notice that. It took them some time to update
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,361
    For Skaven, Berserk/Terror-immune Rat Ogres will be a staple in MP for sure. For WEs I thought ethereal Stag Knights would be slightly busted until I remembered everyone brings magic/fire damage against them anyway.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    In MP I suspect the real terror of Wolf Rats won't be their vanguard deployment, but the fact that Throt and the Packmasters can summon them into your back lines at any time.

There are gonna be some nasty combo summoning builds with those guys and Plague Priests.

In MP I suspect the real terror of Wolf Rats won't be their vanguard deployment, but the fact that Throt and the Packmasters can summon them into your back lines at any time.

There are gonna be some nasty combo summoning builds with those guys and Plague Priests.

Nah all it takes is a cap on summonable abilities. In tournies, I believe it is max 2. So for BM u cant summon manticores, cygors, and chaos spawns. So it wont be an issue. CA should do likewise in QBs. But it will certainly make Skaven better thats for sure. Before they had just monks and clanrats. Now they can add a third summonable unit that is worth bringing.
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 442
    edited November 2020
    RORhellpitabomination: Named the Thing-Thing. Me: You got to be F#cking Kidding.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,011

RORhellpitabomination: Named the Thing-Thing. Me: You got to be F#cking Kidding.

• UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,899
    Jastalll said:

For Skaven, Berserk/Terror-immune Rat Ogres will be a staple in MP for sure. For WEs I thought ethereal Stag Knights would be slightly busted until I remembered everyone brings magic/fire damage against them anyway.

Fire damage gives you nothing against the stag knights. Not that everyone has magic damage in large amounts. They seem to be intended to help both the dwarf and bret matchup, but we'll see how that goes.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 771
    edited November 2020

"Snorri wants the Drakegun!"

"Snorri wants the what?"

"That's what he said, now pump those Dwarfen legs!"
  • LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 689

A top contender for the best name in WH