Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Karak Eight Peaks Rework

DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 1,939
I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not sure if CA will ever rework Karak Eight Peaks, as it can't be packaged with any new DLC (all three related LLs are in the game), and sorry for adding to the bloat of threads this week, but I had this idea for how to make Belegar/Skarsnik/Queeks campaigns more thematic and fun, and I was wondering what you all think about it.

I think there are 3 main ways to improve Karak Eight Peaks:
1. Dynamic start positions
2. Harsher penalties for Queek
3. A new mechanic for after you have taken the city

1. Skarsnik should start with Karak Eight Peaks, unless you play as him, in which case he has his current start position and the Mutinous Gits hold the city.

2. Until Queek occupies Karak Eight Peaks, he can't recruit elite units from the other Skaven clans, although he does start with an Undercity in Karak Eight Peaks.

3. Mechanics for after you occupy Karak Eight Peaks
Belegar: Every 20 turns after occupying Karak Eight Peaks, as series of increasingly elite Greenskin and Skaven stacks spawn. If you complete quests for each of the various Dwarven clans, they will offer you their aid in holding Karak Eight Peaks, spawning an army of their troops to help your defence every 20 turns. Once you have the support of all the Dwarven clans, there will be a final FFA quest battle against Skarsnik & Queek.

Skarnsik: Every 20 turns after occupying Karak Eight Peaks, as series of increasingly elite Dwarf stacks spawn. Every time these armies spawn, you can request Queek's help, however there is a chance he will betray you. Once all the Dwarven clans in the Old World are destroyed (or 20 turns after occupying Karak Eight Peaks if they're already dead), there will be a final FFA quest battle against Belegar & Queek.

Queek: Every 20 turns after occupying Karak Eight Peaks, as series of increasingly elite Dwarf stacks spawn. Every time these armies spawn, you can you can offer one of the Skaven clans part of the city in return for their support, unlocking their units for recruitment and spawning a stack of their troops every 20 turns. Once all the Skaven clans have offered their support, there will be a final FFA quest battle against Belegar & Skarnsik.
Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,704
    I don’t expect it to change, but changes like this would make Belegar’s campaign even more epic.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 1,939
    RikRiorik said:

I don’t expect it to change, but changes like this would make Belegar’s campaign even more epic.

Yeah, I highly doubt they'll do it, but there's an endless war between the three factions, and I would love to see it implemented properly.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,710
    Dynamic start positions would do a lot of the Karak Eight Peaks campaign.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,196
    IIRC, this is exactly what SFO does.
    Xenos7777 said:

Really? I don't play SFO, how do they implement it?
    Nagash will rule again!

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I think we need just 3 thing to fix Karak Eight Peaks mechanic:
    1. If you don't play Skarsnik. He should start in Karak Eight Peaks.
    2. After Belegar, Skarsnik or Queek will conquers Karak Eight Peaks. Two others legendary lords should send special armies to try conquest this city back. This should be same like Lizardem armies for Wulfhart’s Hostility mechanic or Chaos armies for Vortex mechanic.
    3. The Battle of the Three Armies should be final battle for Belegar, Skarsnik and Queek. You need win this battle to finish your campaign.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,050
    I would like the following changes:

- place queek, skarsnik and belegar at the corners of a triangle with 8p at the centre

-give belegar wulfhart like mechanics. Until you have 8P you cannot get better than Tier 3 units. However requests and quests of different clans (Zhufbar, Kadrin, Karaz-a-karak, Azgal) give you higher tiered units from a pool

-Queek should have higher upkeep costs for non-mors units (essentially Belegars old mechanic) until he captures 8P. Because skaven are greedy and without 8P queek is in a weaker position

-skarsniks mechanics are fine

- if one of the characters takes 8Ps the other will spawn bonus armiea to take you out for a set amoint of turns (aka GS incursion mechanic for bretonnia). After they have been succesfully beaten back you are the true leader of 8P
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,196

Xenos7777 said:

The first part, I meant:

• NinaranNinaran Registered Users Posts: 279
    Really underwhelming for Skarsnik especially. The negative obedience doesn't matter much with the new Waaagh bar, technology and commandment, and your goblins are better units than any orc except Black Orcs will ever be.
    And those you recruit from Black Crag anyways to get them right at rank seven, in one turn, at tier 4, instead of at tier 5 like in K8P.
  • epic_159733755279KLldbHxepic_159733755279KLldbHx Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 454
    Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

The first part, I meant:

You can even choose who you want to start in K8P if you don’t choose queen, Belegar or Skarsnik in sfo.

Although we can really expect CA to implement al of these options due to budgets but it would be a nice to have change to get this implemented in vanilla.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,316
    edited November 2020
    Also, minor thing but by the Ancestors, please make Halkenhalf Stonebeard a Hammerer...just a generic one.

He's the Karak Eight Peaks head of the Gate Guard who's devoured by a Stone Troll during the invasion.

It'd really help distinguish him from Lun and make all the ghosty's entirely unique from one another.

I feel like I'm the only one who cares about this xD
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 971
    I support everything vanilla to fix K8P.

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

The first part, I meant:

You can even choose who you want to start in K8P if you don’t choose queen, Belegar or Skarsnik in sfo.

Although we can really expect CA to implement al of these options due to budgets but it would be a nice to have change to get this implemented in vanilla.
    Hopefully, with the Chaos Invasion options now, we'll get more options like this
    Nagash will rule again!

• GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 417

Yeah, I highly doubt they'll do it...

CA don't even bother with fixing some still existing bugs.

Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 687

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

The first part, I meant:

I play with SFO and haven't had a dilemma to choose this ever. Though i never played one of those 3 campaigns with SFO, are you sure they have this choice?
  • coury97coury97 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 687
    Also, OP, this is a pretty much an all-agree-with change that the community would like to see, so i could see this being implemented once they get to reworking the Dawi, as part of the FLC update. Hopefully including the 3 contenders in a mechanic like this one.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 521

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

The first part, I meant:

I'm afraid you mean https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2115963523 this mod