Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ariel and her magic items

YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,973
Good morning, evening or whatever you just have my fellow forum users.

I come before you with a questions that are concerned with Ariel and her magic items. Like Lord Kroak before her, she has had many magic items in 4th edition. In 6th edition she received one new item, but lost the previous four.

These items are:
- The Wand of Whych Elm (4th edition)
- The Acorns of the Oak of Ages (4th edition)
- The Dart of Doom (4th edition)
- The Berry Wine (4th edition)
- The Heartstone of Athel Loren (6th edition)

Do you think that she will come with all 5 items, or do you believe that she will carry only the one she had in 6th edition?

Also what do you think these items will do in game if she ends up having them?

For inspiration I will leave here desriptions of said items from the armybook and GW's webpage.

Thanks for all the answers and can't wait to find out tomorrow.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,193
    Dunno, but i too cannot wait to find out all the goodies they'll reveal :D
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,410
    I SINCERELY doubt she'll get 5 magic items.

What did kroak get?
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,973
    Laindesh said:

What did kroak get?
    I think he has all five items from 5th and 6th edition. In 8th edition, he had also the Golden Death Mask.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀

Laindesh said:

What did kroak get?
    I think he has all five items from 5th and 6th edition. In 8th edition, he had also the Golden Death Mask.
    Gotcha :) thanks.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,865
    Kroak got a lot of items from older editions. Without the need for quest battles, I'm guesing they will give her most of her items from both editions. Morathi also has items from several different editions.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,781
    Wouldn't her unique items/bound spells be shown around her portrait?

Judging by this, she doesn't have any of either.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,350
    Arsenic said:

I highly doubt she has no extra abilities, that probably custom battle with all abilities taken off.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,466

Arsenic said:

I highly doubt she has no extra abilities, that probably custom battle with all abilities taken off.
    yap, i would wait unitll more evidence

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,076
    on the table top, the players could each select terrain pieces. The Wood elves could get an extra woods piece. And the Acorn of the wood elves could provide another woods piece. The result was that the wood elf player could always have some woods on the battlefield.
  • Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 178
    Imagine them implementing the Heart stone as is, and then you go up against kroak and he ends up losing his Pizza Deliveries for the battle, that would be pretty funny.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    The only one I dont see is the acorns of the oak unless they change it to like a snare or something. Otherwise the others are very possible. The dart draining weapon strength on a hero or lord, The berry heal potion, Heartstone is just magic resistance and the wand could have a unlimited charge bound spell maybe or winds of magic boost.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,781
    Dart of Doom.
    Acorns of the Oak.
    Berry Wine.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.