Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Coeddil

SteamGolemSteamGolem Registered Users Posts: 15
Coeddil: One of the three great Tree Ancients, brother of Durthu, the most spiteful of the Tree lords, and the terror of Wood Elves who've caused many a coup. This is the first time we'll ever see this beast of a character in manifest form.

He's just a generic reskinned cherry blossom Treeman.

What a letdown.

Comments

• AkoriiiiiAkoriiiii Registered Users Posts: 7
    He NEVER had a model in tabletop. He was literally just a Treeman Ancient.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,158

Coeddil: One of the three great Tree Ancients, brother of Durthu, the most spiteful of the Tree lords, and the terror of Wood Elves who've caused many a coup. This is the first time we'll ever see this beast of a character in manifest form.

He's just a generic reskinned cherry blossom Treeman.

What a letdown.

Yeah it's a real let down that only 5 of the 6 legendary characters we got have unique skins this time...

Why in the last DLC all 3 legendary characters had uniq.... wait a second....
  • jgascoine011jgascoine011 Registered Users Posts: 64
    What did you expect? A giant zoat?
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 766
    He's got glowing spikes coming out of his shoulders, and the color scheme is awesome.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,287
    He's in the game, isn't he? This brings us up to 3 Las and 3 LHs, which is pretty good
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,082
    Seriously, what did we expect, though?
  • SteamGolemSteamGolem Registered Users Posts: 15

What did you expect? A giant zoat?

I think ItalianSpartacus had the right idea when he presented this image when he was explaining and detailing about Coeddil.

He's in the game, isn't he? This brings us up to 3 Las and 3 LHs, which is pretty good

People will literally complain about anything. We got 3 Legendary Heroes this time and people complain one of them looks too much like it's TT representation... he never had a model or any real artwork? What were people expecting?
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 606
    To be honest, orange isn't a color that we often associate with corruption. Black, green, purple or dark blue, maybe a dark red color, would have been much better.

It's funny because the Malevolent units look actually corrupted and the palette is nice. Coeddil kinda stands out from them in a bad way.

A cooler head and a recolor would make wonders, but I'm guessing that mods will address the color problem.
    ERICdbs said:

To be honest, orange isn't a color that we often associate with corruption. Black, green, purple or dark blue, maybe a dark red color, would have been much better.

It's funny because the Malevolent units look actually corrupted and the palette is nice. Coeddil kinda stands out from them in a bad way.

A cooler head and a recolor would make wonders, but I'm guessing that mods will address the color problem.

Well to be fair coddil is corrupted in a different way; Drycha and her haidmaidens are tainted by the cursed blood at the tree of Woe; whereas Coeddil is just ancient and insane.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,081
    If they only changed the face it would have been perfect. He looks very friendly with the typical treeman face.

Just give him a menacing grim smile or something.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,220
    Akoriiiii said:

He had a description in the books, which is pretty much the opposite of what we have got.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,172
    Akoriiiii said:

animacja-sygn-3.gif

• AkoriiiiiAkoriiiii Registered Users Posts: 7

Akoriiiii said:

*No model*
    *NO MODEL*
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,220
    edited November 2020

ERICdbs said:

Well to be fair coddil is corrupted in a different way; Drycha and her haidmaidens are tainted by the cursed blood at the tree of Woe; whereas Coeddil is just ancient and insane.
    Wasn't Coeddil was tainted due to grabbing Morghur? And isn't Drycha the one that is said to be cruel even before Morghur?
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,287
    edited November 2020
    Pocman said:

ERICdbs said:

Wasn't Coeddil was tainted due to grabbing Morghur? And isn't Drycha the one that is said to be cruel even before Morghur?
    Coeddil was an a-hole before Morghur who didn't like the elves, but Morghur pushed him over the edge
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,172
    Akoriiiii said:

Akoriiiii said:

*No model*
    *NO MODEL*
    Yes, but there is a description. It's more than enough.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,734
    edited November 2020
    Yeah I would have liked him too be more unique looking too to be honest, I love Drycha and think they did a great job with her just wish he looked more like a old grisseled tree from the dark woods and had a bit more character but I understand he is a free bit off content, maybe if they got rid off the colorful leaves all together, so maybe something for modders. Something a bit more like this

• SteamGolemSteamGolem Registered Users Posts: 15

People will literally complain about anything. We got 3 Legendary Heroes this time and people complain one of them looks too much like it's TT representation... he never had a model or any real artwork? What were people expecting?
    Dude, I'd unironically take 2 LH's over 3 if one of them was just going to be a lazy reskin and thrown in as a booby prize. In fact, I would have ABSOLUTELY been okay with Coeddil being just a landmark, representing his presence in the WIldwoods giving Drycha orders to set him free. I like Drycha's involvement and have advocated for her being a LL from the very moment WE's were announced, and never has it crossed my mind to include Coeddil. I would have taken that over this.
  • Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 175

ERICdbs said:

Pretty sure it's the other way around, Coeddil is corrupted by the blood of Morghur. Drycha was thought to be corrupted, but turns out she just really hates elves.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,953
    My youtube profile making the rounds I see 😂.

I’d think if we all put aside our feelings of what is or isn’t reasonable to expect we can all agree that despite lacking a model to base him off of, even if given very limited resources, no one would have had Lord Autumn Cheery Blossom be their go to representation of Coeddil.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DeathboundDeathbound Registered Users Posts: 104
    I do wish he had an angrier looking face to match up better with his dear brother. I'm sure modders will do something like that comparatively quickly though.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,993
    RikRiorik said:

My youtube profile making the rounds I see 😂.

I’d think if we all put aside our feelings of what is or isn’t reasonable to expect we can all agree that despite lacking a model to base him off of, even if given very limited resources, no one would have had Lord Autumn Cheery Blossom be their go to representation of Coeddil.

I agree that he looks a bit too nice, does he have unique voice lines?
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 623
    edited November 2020
    The contrast between black bark and orange leaves look awesome in game. Not sure why that pic in Sotek's play through doesn't look like that. This was from Dahv's video. Maybe it's the dark map or Dahv's settings are different?

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,734

The contrast between black bark and orange leaves look awesome in game. Not sure why that pic in Sotek's play through doesn't look like that. This was from Dahv's video. Maybe it's the dark map or Dahv's settings are different?

Does he change colour depending on the LL/faction army his in?

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,953

Looks better there but he seems to be playing on the setting from the Vin Diesel movie ’Pitch Black’.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 783
    As Akoriiiii said, he never a model or artwork. A small general description of him was given in the Orion Trilogy and the Grail Knight novel (which he had "gnarled hide blackened by fire" and "charred bark-flesh" which he has with the black/grey appearance and orange glow-the leaves are a bit bright though).

We never expected him and Ariel and Ghoritch more than make up for it.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,827
    He looks cool! Sure he's not as scary as he could be but he still looks unique!
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    I think the only thing I'd really add is to blacken his wood a bit more and add the "smoke" effect from Cairn Wraiths/Mannfred to him, make him look a bit more burned.

Otherwise he's fine, about what I was expecting.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,214
    He looks blackened and the orange makes him like aflame, I mean...it's nothing extraordinary, but it seems to fit the description we have of him.

(I'm well aware I seem to have done a complete 180 these days and am actually defending CA. It's not me being contrary for fun value, I'm just genuinely alright with the DLC and the issue I had with the FLC character isn't the case if you don't need to buy this Lord Pack to access it now)
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."