Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Drycha - New Free Legendary Lord

12346

Comments

  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 326
    The model is beautiful, scary, elegant, terrifying. Sleek lines, but clearly a source of sadistic power emanates from below. The model is perfect. This is the final word. So it is written.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,767
    edited November 2020
    Abmong said:

    She looks close enough to this art work of her. Could do with a few more twigs for hair but that's my only nitpick

    image

    That will do as well, more twigs on her head and make it green. Seems like CA has trimmed her head too much.

    Anyways, better to wait on how she will look like in battle first.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I hope she gets more than two units. As they will only be reskinned existing unit.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,708
    At what time is the stream?
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

    Also, please slow down combat!




  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,992

    At what time is the stream?

    Look around at 15:00 GMT.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,708
    RikRiorik said:

    At what time is the stream?

    Look around at 15:00 GMT.
    Thanks
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

    Also, please slow down combat!




  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,992
    Not entirely sure there is something about Drycha today. Just started watching Sotek and he said he cannot talk about it yet. Might he mean that he can't talk until 15:00 GMT? I can't tell anymore. I feel like I am being rope-a-doped on his channel over the last five days :D ,
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 753
    Drycha gets:
    Coeddil as LH
    Malevolent varient of all forest spirits, meaning they all have Frenzy:
    Malevolent Branchwraith (hero)
    Malevolent Dryads
    Malevolent Treekins
    Malevolant Treeman

    On top of that, Drycha can get forrest beasts:
    wolves
    bats (not undead but living bats)
    giant spiders
    hawks (unridden)
    manticore

    Finally, Drycha gets a summon Dryads spell

    All those units are campaign units
  • AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218
    it's not free, you have to have the 1st DLC of WE and the 2nd DLC of WE to be able to play this lord.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 753
    No need to have the second DLC (T&T), you're spreading misinformation.
  • AkoriiiiiAkoriiiii Registered Users Posts: 7
    Anonimato said:

    it's not free, you have to have the 1st DLC of WE and the 2nd DLC of WE to be able to play this lord.

    Stop spreading misinformation and lying.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,573
    Anonimato said:

    it's not free, you have to have the 1st DLC of WE and the 2nd DLC of WE to be able to play this lord.

    You also need the base game, a PC, electricity, a mouse and keyboard.... blah blah blah.

    Simple question, are they charging you more for it? Was it something they promised when you bought Realm of the Wood Elves? No? Then it's safe enough to consider free if you're not paying anything more for it.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • ObsidiusObsidius Registered Users Posts: 93
    You know, Drycha's name loosely sounds like Chaika and there are a lot of purple highlights on her.



    Someone had to do it. You did good, CA.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,215
    Side conversations (bickering) removed. Please cut it out.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 667
    Dang, Drycha got a lot more stuff than I was expecting, especially all those forest beasts.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 2,090
    So when plays like VC or can she recruit archers?
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 949
    The_baron said:

    CA_Danial said:

    The ancient and malevolent tree spirit, Drycha, has a deep-rooted hatred of Elves, resentful of their mere presence...

    For owners of Realm of the Wood Elves, Drycha is the new Free Legendary Lord playable within the Mortal Empires Campaign!

    I love how the title says FREE , and then I go in and 'only for the owners of the DLC' lol must love CA and their sameless marketing strats :D
    The other FLC actually requires me to own Warhammer II TW to use them, outrageous!
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 949

    brago90 said:

    neodeinos said:

    Xerxes52 said:

    She looks awesome. CA has definitely improved on her original tabletop model.

    I strongly disagree with the notion. Her TT model makes her unique and it is a lore positive appearance. TW:WH on the other hand simply builds on the dryad depiction that we currently have in the game.
    You're upset they made a Dryad character..... look like a Dryad.....

    Would you also complain if they made Taurox look like a Minotaur, because I have a hard time seeing your logic.
    No, I dislike her model because she doesn't look like her TT model, that is she doesn't look truly unique.

    Her model is closer to her artwork which is unique. That's also the most recent representation of Drycha IIRC and it gives her a more creepy look which fits her quite well.
    I disagree. Her artwork is closer to the dryads that we have now in the game than her TT model would be. WE 8th edition came out the same year as the final book in the Orion trilogy. If I remember correctly then her TT looks match her novel description. Her less creepy appearance gives a false sense of safety by being more relatable. It fits a deceiver like her.

    Judging by her AoS depiction, there is a clearly visible design continuity.





    Wait to see Drycha in motion before criticizing her appearance. If you look at the TT model, the part that is most similar to human anatomy is the torso, while the arms, legs, back and hair are made up of branches, and bark giving the hands the shape of claws.
    If you look at the design that has been shown, most of his torso is covered by his arm due to the angle of the image but if you look closely you will notice the difference in tonality between the parts covered by bark and the parts that are not covered. Which within what can be seen respect the design that you demand so much. So the only difference being the colors, which in a game where people have to paint their own figures does not have a great weight.
    There is no need for that, she clearly differs much from a sleek TT drycha:
    1. Head is purely monstrous with jagged edges, jutted forward midface with no human like lips.
    2. Her hair are just branches instead of emulating human appearance.
    3. Her torso appears to be different, but I will need a better look.
    4. She is hunched.

    I find no elegance and grace here. It's just a monster.
    How come that with every female lord I see you complaining that they aren't sexy enough for you? Even the evil tree monster needs to be a supermodel?
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,184

    brago90 said:

    neodeinos said:

    Xerxes52 said:

    She looks awesome. CA has definitely improved on her original tabletop model.

    I strongly disagree with the notion. Her TT model makes her unique and it is a lore positive appearance. TW:WH on the other hand simply builds on the dryad depiction that we currently have in the game.
    You're upset they made a Dryad character..... look like a Dryad.....

    Would you also complain if they made Taurox look like a Minotaur, because I have a hard time seeing your logic.
    No, I dislike her model because she doesn't look like her TT model, that is she doesn't look truly unique.

    Her model is closer to her artwork which is unique. That's also the most recent representation of Drycha IIRC and it gives her a more creepy look which fits her quite well.
    I disagree. Her artwork is closer to the dryads that we have now in the game than her TT model would be. WE 8th edition came out the same year as the final book in the Orion trilogy. If I remember correctly then her TT looks match her novel description. Her less creepy appearance gives a false sense of safety by being more relatable. It fits a deceiver like her.

    Judging by her AoS depiction, there is a clearly visible design continuity.





    Wait to see Drycha in motion before criticizing her appearance. If you look at the TT model, the part that is most similar to human anatomy is the torso, while the arms, legs, back and hair are made up of branches, and bark giving the hands the shape of claws.
    If you look at the design that has been shown, most of his torso is covered by his arm due to the angle of the image but if you look closely you will notice the difference in tonality between the parts covered by bark and the parts that are not covered. Which within what can be seen respect the design that you demand so much. So the only difference being the colors, which in a game where people have to paint their own figures does not have a great weight.
    There is no need for that, she clearly differs much from a sleek TT drycha:
    1. Head is purely monstrous with jagged edges, jutted forward midface with no human like lips.
    2. Her hair are just branches instead of emulating human appearance.
    3. Her torso appears to be different, but I will need a better look.
    4. She is hunched.

    I find no elegance and grace here. It's just a monster.
    How come that with every female lord I see you complaining that they aren't sexy enough for you? Even the evil tree monster needs to be a supermodel?
    Every? I like the Sisters, Ariel, Alarielle and Fay Enchantress. As I have said, I would prefer if Drycha looked like her TT model and novel description.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif


  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 69
    Today I just tried her out and thank you very much CA. Her campaignplay is awesome.
  • vg45vg45 DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 136
    Somebody, please make the screaming stop. Drycha was my first pick for a new playthrough and her constant screaming is so annoying that whenever you need a second to think about an action you have to move your screen away from Drycha so she stops screaming.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,211

    The model looks amazing (love the purple glow) and I can't wait to see Coeddil but I would like point out the the Roots of Woe description is taken from 8th but leaves out a very important line.
    From 8th it says "Most believe that Drycha lost her mind when Morghur’s death tainted that ground forever, but in truth, she was capricious and malevolent for many long years before that tragedy".
    CA seem to blame Morghur here when the truth is in 8th as well "In the early years of the alliance between the Elves and forest, Drycha was ever in evidence about the glades and groves, watching the Elves and examining their every action for any sign of betrayal." Point is she was always correct about Elves and CA are trying to smear Morghur #Morghurdidnothingwrong.

    Females are more innocent, how could a female become evil without a male being behind that? :)

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FemalesAreMoreInnocent
  • MykolascoleMykolascole Registered Users Posts: 7
    Awesome, Wood elves need more Lords!
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,211
    Varinor said:






    This model leaves much to be desired. I prefer her TT rendition.

    What I also want to say is that Ariel should have been FLC LL.

    It make sense for Ariel to be a LH, that way she can be in the same army with her husband.
  • Pontifex711Pontifex711 Registered Users Posts: 78
    I heard (from streamers who live off this game) that if you play as her you cannot confederate Orion or the Sisters? Even if it's lore-friendly, why not?
    Also, if playing as any of the others it's basically impossible to get her with Coeddil.

    So is/will there ever be a way to get the full roster of WE?
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 69

    I heard (from streamers who live off this game) that if you play as her you cannot confederate Orion or the Sisters? Even if it's lore-friendly, why not?
    Also, if playing as any of the others it's basically impossible to get her with Coeddil.

    So is/will there ever be a way to get the full roster of WE?

    Why not? Because her campaignstyle is build this way. She is the Mistress of Coeddil and as such she shares his hate for the Asrai. You can make the other forrests your vasalls or you can kill them but the only way you can assimilate an Elf leading your Sisters and Brothers is if it comes with Durthu.
    And right now it is more likely to get Coeddil as other elves then as her because a bug prevents her from finishing questline while as other elves you need for her to only wait until she finished the questline and got Coeddil.
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 496
    I just realised that after all right the techs researched, her item gained and Coeddil by her side and whatever else I might have forgotten, Drycha can cast Melco's Mystifying Miasma (not upgraded) with only 1 wind of magic every 11 seconds, and Okkam's Mindrazor (not upgraded) goes for 5 winds of magic every 18 seconds. Then if you ever have the chance, keeping her and Coeddil in the forest in battle maps gives you greater arcane conduits. And if you do want to overcast you spells, even if you miscast that only makes her stronger in melee because of her fanatical resolve (not to mention intentionally triggering it with Coeddil's Power of Darkness).
    She's practically the loremaster of shadow. I love it.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,184
    Tayvar said:

    Varinor said:






    This model leaves much to be desired. I prefer her TT rendition.

    What I also want to say is that Ariel should have been FLC LL.

    It make sense for Ariel to be a LH, that way she can be in the same army with her husband.
    CA could have added special rule for Ariel and Isabella, and allow them to join Orion and Vlad armies respectively.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif


  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    Varinor said:

    Tayvar said:

    Varinor said:






    This model leaves much to be desired. I prefer her TT rendition.

    What I also want to say is that Ariel should have been FLC LL.

    It make sense for Ariel to be a LH, that way she can be in the same army with her husband.
    CA could have added special rule for Ariel and Isabella, and allow them to join Orion and Vlad armies respectively.
    Indeed. There were far better answers than what CA did with Ariel. I will never back making her a Legendary Hero, it's the completely wrong fit for her.
  • SWtaervdesnSWtaervdesn Registered Users Posts: 6
    It's the Boogiedryad. I would not object to finding her neath my bed or next to a tree at night.
Sign In or Register to comment.