Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Okay somethings NEED to be nerfed. Like Brood Horror speed.

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,058
How is Throt on his mount FASTER than Tyrion on his mythical steed thats supposedly the fastest horse in warhammer.

Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,415
    One is a horse, the other a rat? different species?

EH i'll see myself out, im not Lore savvy.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    Brood horror is a mutated beast. Tyrion’s horse is just a horse.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 23,621
    CAs policy of releasing LPs with OP units.
    The forum Administrator responsible for is CA_Grace
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,278
    Lore aside I think the high speed is to give Throt a chance to break off. Tyrion is a duelist monster who will spend more time chasing than running. Throt has a ton of army buffs but isn't all that dangerous in a fight. Giving Throt high speed helps him break away to make use of the regen and get to the units in his army that need his help.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,222
    Yes, nerf-weaken
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• Elysium1805Elysium1805 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Don't think they should nerf the brood horror as much as they should boost Tyrion's steed's speed
    "We see that which was and thus we know your secrets. We see that which shall be and thus we know your fate. The now is trivial to us - we know the day we perish is not this day." - Kairos Fateweaver
  • BitsToByteOnBitsToByteOn Registered Users Posts: 127

CAs policy of releasing LPs with OP units.

Basically this.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    Helhound said:

Lore aside I think the high speed is to give Throt a chance to break off. Tyrion is a duelist monster who will spend more time chasing than running. Throt has a ton of army buffs but isn't all that dangerous in a fight. Giving Throt high speed helps him break away to make use of the regen and get to the units in his army that need his help.

Throt was literally beating Gor-Rok in a 1 v 1 in one of the videos Indypride put out. Despite the foot lord buff I might add.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Helhound said:

Throt was literally beating Gor-Rok in a 1 v 1 in one of the videos Indypride put out. Despite the foot lord buff I might add.
    I'd like to see throt up against other LL's before i judge.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,881
    Waaaah waaaah waaaaah

Kelefane said:

Waaaah waaaah waaaaah

*gives you your pacifier*
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,114

Don't think they should nerf the brood horror as much as they should boost Tyrion's steed's speed

You mean the armored steed that is as fast as light cavalry?
    Pocman said:

yeah the power creep is getting silly. By game 3 90 will be considered average speed and you'll need a baseline of 120 speed to be considered "fast"
    Also Tyrion can't engage in a fight, disengage and then spend 5 minutes outrunning everything to get his health back to max.
  • LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 490
    Well, Tyrion is also a weaker fighter than his mage brother nowadays.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,278

Helhound said:

Is that the match that had the RoR hellpit abomination, a packmaster, and Throt wailing on him? Gor-Rok wasn't even swinging at Throt that match, he was stuck trying to fight the multiple other monsters chewing on his leg. The one time they were face to face almost entirely alone they both ended up going for the infantry next to them instead. Even ignoring the battlefield factors around, lord fights are notoriously a roll of the dice. I'm not saying Throt is or isn't balanced yet, just saying its a little early to jump to conclusions about whether he is or isn't OP.
  • uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 354
    The DLC has not yet come out and there are already people asking for nerfs and crying without having played it
    Amazing
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,881
    edited November 2020
    sOmEtHiNg nEeDs tO bE nErFed bEcAuSe iM mAd AnD DoNt LiKe iT

• Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,060
    Wait till it’s had some gameplay then complain.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,670
    What speed is the Brood Horror? Like 90+? If so then why not? Great Stags have Ferraris up their wazoos so why not som Big Rat Bugattis?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,953

doesnt really look OP from Multiplayer.

• LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 490

doesnt really look OP from Multiplayer.

Skaven rush build vs. LM is pretty impressive
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 281
    I don't think it needs to be nerfed.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,686
    lucibuis said:

Yes, nerf-weaken

Wood Elves are next.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,438
    Pocman said:

He means the fastest horse in the world. Also the horse that had the maximum movement speed on the TT. The horse that was faster than literally anything else on the ground except for the fastest deamons.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 29,153
    80 speed would be enough. 95 is total overkill. Something that looks as ungainly as the Brood Horror should not be as fast as a warhound type unit.

• blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 870
    The new healing abilities are extremely overpowered on both sides of the DLC, that's the thing that needs to be addressed the most.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    uzual said:

The DLC has not yet come out and there are already people asking for nerfs and crying without having played it
    Amazing

I mean, it's a numerical statistic. Doesn't really need to be released to have it as a point of comparison. Saying it's faster than the supposedly fastest Elven Steed isn't going to suddenly be any different when those same two number exist after launch.
  • KixionKixion UKRegistered Users Posts: 141
    edited November 2020
    Sounds a bit like standard powercreep shenanigans. Still, it's a unique mount from what I can tell so until I see how powerful or useless he is in melee I will withhold judgement. If he's even half decent, probably needs to be brought more in line with other lords. If he's the captain of trash then it seems fair to allow him to run away.
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 605
    Ehh... usual dlc powercreep next patch everything new will be nerfed to the ground... same old same old...