Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Anything after Clan Moulder?

JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65
I feel like when warhammer 3 comes, there should at least be new units or a new clan that would normally differ from the usual skaven mechanic. Obviously not at the peril of other races but at least have more future skaven dlc if any other race is going to get content also. Unless theres no new content for other races that is.
However clan Moulder is necceasry as its one of the 4 major clans, the thing is, what future skaven units or clans is even remotely important to be in the game now that we already used alot up? unless theres some I don't know already from whats already on the table top.

Comments

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,406
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 513
    Probs a lp focused around the horned rat and end times units
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 417
    edited November 2020
    Thanquol is highly likely to be a dlc for the game, he’s as much of fan favorite for the Skaven as Malus is for the Dark Elves, so his inclusion isn’t an if but a when.

One of the web-novels that CA released to tie into Warhammer 2’s release had Thanquol working with the naval clan, Clan Skurvy, so it’s likely that that’s the subfaction he’ll lead.

Other then that, the Skaven are pretty much done.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 178
    Thanquol is probably going to be coming, though I really hope some of the other races get some love before Skaven. Though I'd like to see all races in general to just get more.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,766

Thanquol

Yep, with Fiends and Vermin Lords.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65
    That1dude said:

Thanquol is highly likely to be a dlc for the game, he’s as much of fan favorite for the Skaven as Malus is for the Dark Elves, so his inclusion isn’t an if but a when.

One of the web-novels that CA released to tie into Warhammer 2’s release had Thanquol working with the naval clan, Clan Skurvy, so it’s likely that that’s the subfaction he’ll lead.

Thats interesting, but what units would his dlc/update/warhammer 3 offer? Other than just himself, I'd assume there isn't that many units that that could be introduced and least in regards to infantry as opposed to monsters.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,142
    edited November 2020
    Thanquol, Stormfiends, and Verminlords.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,507
    That1dude said:

I'd rather have Thanquol not associated with any clan. Clan Skurvy has their own warlord Vrisk Ironscratch. Don't want Thanquol to subjugate certain clan overthrowing its warlord.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,899
    Thanquol as a white dwarf promotion.

But there are too many other factions around when Wh3 comes around to guarantee anything for the skaven.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,773
    Uagrim said:

Thanquol as a white dwarf promotion.

But there are too many other factions around when Wh3 comes around to guarantee anything for the skaven.

CA will never skip the Verminlord and Stormfiends.

Thanquol is basically guaranteed to be DLC.

- Thanquol LL
    - Skreetch Verminking LH
    - Exalted Verminlord Lord
    - Stormfiends (4 variants)
    - Verminlords
    - Giant Rats
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,851
    jamreal18 said:

That1dude said:

I'd rather have Thanquol not associated with any clan. Clan Skurvy has their own warlord Vrisk Ironscratch. Don't want Thanquol to subjugate certain clan overthrowing its warlord.
    Its not like Clan Skurvy would be added anyway except with Thanquol.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 662
    edited November 2020
    I could imagine CA making Thanquol lead Order of the Grey Seers faction in the game, quite like Teclis leads Order of the Loremasters rather than a high elven kingdom of his own. It's not like any other skaven LLs are the actual leaders of their clans, more like most "trusted" agents, the leaders' right-hand rats of their respective clans, and while Thanquol has complicated history with the Order, I think they would still be more fitting faction for him than some clan.
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 417

That1dude said:

Thats interesting, but what units would his dlc/update/warhammer 3 offer? Other than just himself, I'd assume there isn't that many units that that could be introduced and least in regards to infantry as opposed to monsters.
    Skaven are still missing their Moulder generic lord, Verminlords, Stormfiends+Variants, and some of the WD Moulder supplement units. That’s more then enough to craft one last Skaven Lord Pack.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...