Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

First view Im disappointed with Clan Moulder units.

Torkel56Torkel56 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 112
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
So I watched the new units and the stats of them. Overall I am disappointed, I was really hoping for something that would have anti large. (other then a hero)
None of the units in my opinion will get used when I play any other Skaven faction then Clan Moulder.
I can't see Brood horror take the place of Doom Flayer or Doomwheel. Or mutant Rat Ogre take the place of a Hellpit.
It might in Multiplayer battles but not for Campaign.
I was hoping for more choice. Warplock Jezzails and Ratling guns will still be the go to for large creatures I guess.

Im happy with what the Wood Elf got! Think they did a good job when they decided to make Ariel a legendary hero!

Overall I was really looking forward to Clan Moulder and to see what cool monsters we got to play with. I'm disappointed.
I really hope the Campaign mechanics are great or this might be the first dlc that I'm not getting :(

Anyone else feel the same way or are you more excited then I am ?

Comments

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,446
    I don't think the Mutant Rat Ogre is meant to be a replacement for a Hell-Pit Abomination.
  • ReyDReyD Registered Users Posts: 277
    edited November 2020
    Everyone is disapointed in this forum, it's sad to read that :'(
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,220
    Torkel56 said:

So I watched the new units and the stats of them. Overall I am disappointed, I was really hoping for something that would have anti large. (other then a hero)
    None of the units in my opinion will get used when I play any other Skaven faction then Clan Moulder.
    I can't see Brood horror take the place of Doom Flayer or Doomwheel. Or mutant Rat Ogre take the place of a Hellpit.
    I was hoping for more choice. Warplock Jezzails and Ratling guns will still be the go to for large creatures I guess.

Im happy with what the Wood Elf got! Think they did a good job when they decided to make Ariel a legendary hero!

Overall I was really looking forward to Clan Moulder and to see what cool monsters we got to play with. I'm disappointed.
    I really hope the Campaign mechanics are great or this might be the first dlc that I'm not getting :(

Skaven already had a anti large monster...
    further more skaven can deal with large monsters quite well. so a minor bonus to a stat card changes a whole DLC for you. that is kinda dumb though
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,219
    I'm going to bury my enemies in piles of rats and never look back.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 3,862
    Torkel56 said:

No. I feel its going to be a great representation of different ways to play.

I play my Eshin with Runners. Lots of them. I play Mors, with actual Front Line. I play my Ikit, with Weapon Teams.

I dont play much Pestilens because...I hate the Jungle...lol.

I will play Moulder, with Monsters.
    Knights of Bretonnia

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,868
    The Skaven already got so many options for anti-large though...

The Wolf Rats are incredibly useful in multiplayer, the Brood Horror is insanely fast, and the Mutant Rat Ogre finally fills the niche of anti-infantry monster. I'm really happy, personally.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,037
    Skaven have so many tools for AL. Throt, pack master, HPA, Jezzails, zap canon

Not having more AL is neither here nor there. overall im pleased with the DLC.
    Theo91 said:

not to forget the actual AL monster already in the game for skaven... hell pit abmonation
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,834
    Theo91 said:

Just watch a MP battle hosted by heirofcarthage and one by italianspartacus.
    The new broodmother and wolf rat units adds a whole new dimension to the skaven roster and it makes me think the skaven has too many tools to deal with the variety of situations they can come up against.

The broodmother and throt on broodmother was an outright terror to the WE backlines.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,359
    Giant rats will come with Thanny.

The only thing I‘m missing is the Master Moulder.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,821
    Quite happy. I can make a Moulder themed army now.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218
    What?? look at WE you guys got the best. Brood horrors to me are balanced which different I like the Skaven roster.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,821
    Anonimato said:

What?? look at WE you guys got the best. Brood horrors to me are balanced which different I like the Skaven roster.

It's a pretty even LP really.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 612
    I like how the OP is talking about campaign and bunch of people "check them out in multiplayer!"

Like what? This forum is bizarro world right now
  • t1taant1taan Registered Users Posts: 42
    WE got better units, Skaven got the better campaign mechanics.

Fair-Fair yes
    t1taan said:

Fair-Fair yes

Actually do not like the WE units myself. the Skaven units are beter in my opinion. Ariel and the Sisters is the only reason i buy the DLC for the WE side. the great stag is good unit but i do not like zoats and bladesingers should have been a treeunit in my opinion but we got no new treeunit is a race that was already starving for the other side faction.
    Moulder units are good and what we could have expected
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 210
    The mutant rat ogre is amazing! The brood horror is awesome! Wolf rats serve a great niche in MP. The units look great, come on, Ghoritch?? Get outta here!
  • Torkel56Torkel56 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 112
    Artjuh90 said:

Torkel56 said:

further more skaven can deal with large monsters quite well. so a minor bonus to a stat card changes a whole DLC for you. that is kinda dumb though
    Haha no it does not, I know they can handle monsters well but I was hoping for something that they dont have.
    Like a monster unit that can take out large. More like a skin wolf, blood knights that kind of thing not as good as blood knights ofc. I was hoping for more.
    It might just be me I guess. But the campaign mechanic might be very good so I might have to eat my words when I get more info on that.
    t1taan said:

Fair-Fair yes

Ok I havent seen anything on the campaign mechanics yet so thats good to hear :)
    Artjuh90 said:

Theo91 said:

not to forget the actual AL monster already in the game for skaven... hell pit abmonation
    Ye you are right I was maybe hoping for to much but I hoped the new Rat ogre would have anti large to have a more fast unit that could have an anti large Brood Horror. I just think Skaven have so much anti infantry already.
    Laindesh said:

Theo91 said:

Just watch a MP battle hosted by heirofcarthage and one by italianspartacus.
    The new broodmother and wolf rat units adds a whole new dimension to the skaven roster and it makes me think the skaven has too many tools to deal with the variety of situations they can come up against.

The broodmother and throt on broodmother was an outright terror to the WE backlines.
    Ah I havent seen that yet Il take a look
    ReyD said:

Everyone is disapointed in this forum, it's sad to read that :'(

Oh that aint good. But then again people complain because they want more. When was the last time the forum was full of comments ? Meaning there are alot of players that wants the best for the game. CA can never make everyone happy its just the way it goes.

I will also say that I think CA have done an awsome job with Warhammer 2 when it comes to reworks of old races. I think their best work is Ikit, Grom the paunch and The Orc rework. There are still things Im not happy with, but they have done some great work making Warhammer come to life in a video game.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,791
    Mutant rat ogre is too weak to be a single entity if you ask me.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 28,210
    Torkel56 said:

Artjuh90 said:

Torkel56 said:

Haha no it does not, I know they can handle monsters well but I was hoping for something that they dont have.
    Like a monster unit that can take out large. More like a skin wolf, blood knights that kind of thing not as good as blood knights ofc. I was hoping for more.
    It might just be me I guess. But the campaign mechanic might be very good so I might have to eat my words when I get more info on that.
    The HPA is the Skaven monster dedicated to anti large.

Also, they have two units now that have 95 speed, something which they didn't have before and which totally changes how you can approach the faction.

People really have no idea.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,653
    Skaven already have some nasty anti-large stuff. How much more do you want? If you're fighting a force with a lot of large, load up on the stuff they've got. You can't have a perfectly balanced army that can counter every single faction with the same composition.

At least, unless you're playing Dark Elves.

No one should have that.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,436
    Personally not really impressed by anything but the Brood Horror but can still feel the others from a theme perspective.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 763
    Brood Horrors are apparently really really good. Lots of charge mass and favourable animations means they can engage well, and 95 speed plus decent mass means they can get out of bad engagements.

Then they regenerate.

95 speed plus regen = would you like to get kited?
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 950
    I would have liked armoured and augmented rat ogres, giant rats and master moulder lord, but i'm happy with what we got.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!