Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please delete

AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
N/A
Post edited by Anonimato on

Comments

• RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 752
    There is no backlash. It's up against some serious games this time. And Crusader Kings was(is?) on a sale a short time ago. If anything its selling really well.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 5,498
    but CK3 is on sale, and it's pretty new, like 2.5 months
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,985
    I see it's at the third place, after CK3 (basically the top strategy game of the year) and factorio (cult game).
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 10,148
    Looks 4th to me or how do u group it?

Looks 4th to me or how do u group it?

i think he's looking at his country chart, not "global top sellers - strategy'
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 490
    edited November 2020
    Wow...OK so first and foremost the sales always dip in the dlc between announcement and release. This is nothing new, I saw it on the global top sellers spot for second place a couple days after release. The DLC will shoot back into the top 10 on launch day, it happened with warden and the paunch, it happened with the shadow and the blade, it will happen again with twisted and the twilight.

Next your topic of you know a bunch of people that left because the game was unbalanced, buggy, no more race packs...ummm what?! Literally the game had its highest peak player count in its history with warden and the paunch, the fan base is growing not shrinking.

Finally, you can't say you are not being negative then LITERALLY in the same sentence say several negative comments about it. Dude i get it, you are not happy about the DLC. I personally have already bought 4 copies for me and my friends. If you do not like it though that is fine, please voice your opinion, but do not try to spread false doom and gloom. Ultimately spreading false facts and negative information only hurts the trilogy in the longrun and helps no one.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 611
    It hasn't even been released yet. Give people a chance to get paid.
    edited November 2020
    yeah it's doing similar to wardens and the paunch I think. But peak players will probably be the best metric

Rotwe is also doing well
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,043
    CA has a bad recent track record of content that's badly bugged on release across it's titles.

I suspect there's a fair few of us who WILL buy, but haven't yet, until we're satisfied it's in a reasonable state.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 578
    FAKE NEWS ALERT

All WHH DLC sell well
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,230
    It's just me or the hidden message behind this strategic-butthurt thread is --- "DLC is bomb and Beastmen will never get a Lord Pack, lmao" ?
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 22,885
    You're saying it's selling bad because that fits your narrative. That idea doesn't match reality.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,342
    The bad trailer might be caused of this. As you can see the T&T trailer is just meh......and no movie reference.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

I really liked the trailer. Was "arty" rather than straight out hollywood blockbuster style. Beautifully done. That beginning with everyone frozen in time was stunning. I'd like more trailers in that style.
    Say what you want about the devs, but boy, are they talented.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,043
    MrMecH said:

The bad trailer might be caused of this. As you can see the T&T trailer is just meh......and no movie reference.

No movie reference??

One of the Sisters reaching in slow motion upwards with an agonized expression , and an ethereal Queen with heavy echoing vocal distortion who may as well have told us all to love her and despair to make it that little bit more obvious..?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Arsenic said:

MrMecH said:

No movie reference??

One of the Sisters reaching in slow motion upwards with an agonized expression , and an ethereal Queen with heavy echoing vocal distortion who may as well have told us all to love her and despair to make it that little bit more obvious..?
    Yeah, the only way the movie reference could have been more obvious was if they had Frodo and Gollum in it :D
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,342
    Arsenic said:

MrMecH said:

No movie reference??

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 172
    You realize it might be that more people are just buying it from different places instead of directly off steam like they usually do. Many of the total war youtubers have affiliate links that help support their channels, and some sites like Fanatical have bigger discounts than steam (18% vs 10%)
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 612
    DLC reaches high, dips and on release reaches high again.
    See you next thread.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 3,969
    The desperation in 'this dlc failed me, its failing everyone' here is really high.
    Knights of Bretonnia

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,699
    Ebb and flow.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,587
    It was in the top 3 after the announcement only because of preorders which is impressive.

It will be up again as soon as it’s out.

This thread is dumb and just another whiny attempt to talk bad about this DLC.
  • EtheryasEtheryas Registered Users Posts: 22
    If it sells bad is cause there is no cool big monster in it. You have the thing-thing, but that's not new.
    Etheryas said:

If it sells bad is cause there is no cool big monster in it. You have the thing-thing, but that's not new.

Ehhh Brood Horrors? Ghoritch? Ariel?
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 248
    ArneSo said:

Etheryas said:

How dare you call Ariel a monster? Stop that elfshaming :D
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,624
    Anonimato you have a reputation to be overly negative so i'm not taking this post serious :)

Have a good day
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,781
    I am still undecided whether to buy this. And i already made my own thread about it so no need to
    repeat all my points. What I really like about this DLC so far is the FLC part and the Wood Elf Rework
    Hm...
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,571
    I don't understand the OP. His link to Steam shows T & T in second place, not 8th.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Loreguy said:

ArneSo said:

Etheryas said:

How dare you call Ariel a monster? Stop that elfshaming :D
    Point is that she is big and flashy.

This LP doesn’t have a centrepiece unit, even if you could count the Brood Horror as such.

The stars of the show are the characters. That’s why we got less units.
This discussion has been closed.