Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Balance changes in the new patch

Comments

• PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,057
    Seldkam said:

Vlad has gone up +200 in cost. So something has happened to him

What?

..... Maybe because of the mass changes and how they interact with foot lords? or something more hidden like attack interval changes?
    My guess, ap an terror
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 868
    Pocman said:

- Grombrindal: +3MD, +unbreakable
    - Gotrek: +100
    - Ironbreakers: lost a few MD, not sure how much
    - Norgrimling's Ironbreakers: +100

- Da 8 Peak Loonies: +100
    - Krimson Killaz -100
    - Black Orc Big Boss +50

Disagree with the ironbreaker changes. At best, they need a shift, 3 MD into ma or something like that.

Krimsom Killaz won't become good no matter how much the price goes down. The change to splash damage means that they are right now worse than R8 black orcs. They need something that makes them interesting, not a price discount. Maybe rage?

Black orc big boss base price is okay. His abilities on the other hand are not.
    Ironbreakers might have disproportionately benefited from the mass adjustments. Agree on BOBB.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 5,744

Gromby going for that maximum being draw kited ratio while at the same time making Ungrim pointless...

I really hope that CA asap considers fixing so that army losses removes the unbreakable trait from all units that have them. The don't need to insta-end the game, but make them routable. For example, I don't know the value but assume that army losses applies -100 Ld to all units, you could in principle replace the current unbreakable with +100 Ld, which would then result in the unit being naturally breakable after army losses but not instantly end the game at army losses if an unbreakable character is still alive.
  • outrage4outrage4 master engineerRegistered Users Posts: 416
    Balancing changes so far seem very reasonable and good for the game. And this board might even have affected some of these changes.

Apparently DLC team and balancing team are two separate entities that not always coordinate with each other.
  • SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,494

Gromby going for that maximum being draw kited ratio while at the same time making Ungrim pointless...

I really hope that CA asap considers fixing so that army losses removes the unbreakable trait from all units that have them. The don't need to insta-end the game, but make them routable. For example, I don't know the value but assume that army losses applies -100 Ld to all units, you could in principle replace the current unbreakable with +100 Ld, which would then result in the unit being naturally breakable after army losses but not instantly end the game at army losses if an unbreakable character is still alive.
    How do you not make an instant loss if they lose unbreakable when army losses hit?

You could make that, IF a game ends in a draw, the side with only unbreakable units loses
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 248

I didn't even see all the changes. Full changes to Grombrindal are:

- +100 cost
    - +3MD
    - +609 hp
    - + Unbreakable

So yea, Ungrim will be relatively pointless unless he has been given some new item or ability. Although seeing as he can stay on his feet now, the price gap at base between him and Grombrindal will be 250 (Ungrim:1250, Grombrindal 1500) so there could still be a case for him at times.

But I'm hoping for a new item of some type to provide a unique buff or something to differentiate from Grombrindal.
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 1,612
    outrage4 said:

Apparently DLC team and balancing team are two separate entities that not always coordinate with each other.

There's only one battle design team for Warhammer 2 updates. Depending on the project we alternate who works on new content and who balances old content.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

How do you not make an instant loss if they lose unbreakable when army losses hit?

You could make that, IF a game ends in a draw, the side with only unbreakable units loses
    I just assume that the way army losses ends the game is by applying like -100 ld to all units on the losing side, or whatever big number. That may be wrong... but IF this is the case, then you could replace unbreakable with adding the same value to the current Ld of the unbreakable unit and he will never break naturally until after army losses has kicked in and removed that huge extra Ld buffer we just added.
    ...maybe there is no such value, maybe it's just cumulative penalties for other units breaking in a chain reaction, if so you'd need to code it differently, like that unbreakable means that you do not suffer some of the penalties while others still affect you.

But I'm hoping for a new item of some type to provide a unique buff or something to differentiate from Grombrindal.

Ungrim really could have used more speed.

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,187

I didn't even see all the changes. Full changes to Grombrindal are:

- +100 cost
    - +3MD
    - +609 hp
    - + Unbreakable

So yea, Ungrim will be relatively pointless unless he has been given some new item or ability. Although seeing as he can stay on his feet now, the price gap at base between him and Grombrindal will be 250 (Ungrim:1250, Grombrindal 1500) so there could still be a case for him at times.

Ive said it a few times- Frenzy aura for Ungrim.

An offensive niche for Dawi
  • PippingtonPippington Registered Users Posts: 2,162

Ive said it a few times- Frenzy aura for Ungrim.

An offensive niche for Dawi

CA could put a "Slayer Vow" tooltip similar to the "Moulder Monster" one applied to Skaven beasties in this DLC on Ungrim, Gotrek, Slayers and Giant Slayers, and give Ungrim a buff aura that only applies to Slayers. I would say definitely put +speed in there as well as some +stats.

Get on, Kroq-Gar, we're going shopping

• griffithxigriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 1,001
    Ohh good to know
    So maybe that is where duck went... to have some fun helping with the battle design for some cool new units 😁
  • griffithxigriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 1,001
    I hope one of the multiplayer vids checks out rarely used old units at some point.
    It's killing me not knowing if death hags with cauldron got changes and also curious if bladedancers ability is the same?
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,622
    edited November 2020
    Probably the most comprehensive patch ever? So many brave and impactful changes that only increase the hope of greatness for WH3. We've been criticizing many things but it's neat to see actually so much feedback was taken into consideration. Keep up the good work 👌

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 8,430
    Gromby nit run at sight of manticore by the ugly beard of valaya. Is that true.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 2,728
    Well i for sure would enjoy a new meta environment
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 8,430
    Has any one seen skaven chiften hero who is the flc one
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Odysseus95Odysseus95 Registered Users Posts: 235

Probably the most comprehensive patch ever? So many brave and impactful changes that only increase the hope of greatness for WH3. We've been criticizing many things but it's neat to see actually so much feedback was taken into consideration. Keep up the good work 👌

Agreed, it seems to be a very solid patch based on what we've heard so far! Praise is definitely in order :smile:
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 7,468

on the flip side, Gromby got nerfed. That's a grudging.
    mightygloin_fan_1
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,154
    Excited by the buffs to Vlad. Dahv Plays told me Vlad got majority AP buff. But +200 cost is steep, that suggests he got something else aswell imo...

Poor Orion would stop winning those games that looked unwinnable...
    Any changes for thorgrim?
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,622
    Pocman said:

Any changes for thorgrim?

Nope. Hopefully he gets the throne and missing flex someday.
    Green0 said:

on the flip side, Gromby got nerfed. That's a grudging.
    Look on the bright side, he's received price nerf but stat buff. Finally unbreakable. WH2fication full speed ahead 💪
    Otters007 said:

Excited by the buffs to Vlad. Dahv Plays told me Vlad got majority AP buff. But +200 cost is steep, that suggests he got something else aswell imo...

Hopefully he's got a greatsword now too. Isabella has been complaining about his small sword for years now.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,001
    I do hope that the nerf to gotrek is coupled with his heal now working properly and also not healing his opponents. Poor lad.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,347
    @mightygloin Sigvald says, "It's not the size of the sword. It's the perfect vigor you use it with."
  • vizareshvizaresh Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited November 2020
    really excited to see how foot lords fare after the changes.
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 494
    That foot lords have been made more viable is the greatest change I have seen. This one thing alters the game entirely.
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 7,468

Look on the bright side, he's received price nerf but stat buff. Finally unbreakable. WH2fication full speed ahead 💪

no lad, the real grudging is that his ability is *less* useful now since he is Unbreakable so his ability doesn't work on himself. Needs at least +10 MD or full charge reflection to offset this.
    mightygloin_fan_1
    vizaresh said:

really excited to see how foot lords fare after the changes.

endikux said:

That foot lords have been made more viable is the greatest change I have seen. This one thing alters the game entirely.

It's a fantastic change, it's been one of the most talked about balance issues for so long.