Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gratuitous Mounts Break Characters - Stop That Nonsense, CA!

2»

Comments

• ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 455
    Skaven have had low speed units and lords for ages. Now they get something usable and people wants to nerf them. You get to use your freaking dragons and phoenixes and t-rexes and cavalry.

Let us enjoy some cute little scurry rats please.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,127

Goatforce said:

Would usually agree with you, but it kinda makes sense for thrott to have a mount, if Brood Horror had gottin a GW mode (rather than just FW) I would not have been suprised if he had been given it as a mount, maybe with a rule that instead of killing a model and eating it on a failed roll he would take a chunk out of his mount doing maybe D3 wounds instead.

Edit, also Thrott has low leadership and is apparently quite squishy on the Brood Horror, so it does have downsides, so it isn't just a straight buff

You know, if CA actually made mounts into sidegrades instead of straight, major upgrades, I wouldn't complain about it so much.

Say if taking the mount meant Throt could only pick one of his abilities, either the heal OR the summon OR the aura then he'd be trading something meaningful for the advantages he gets and it would require making an actual decision.

But the way it's handled now means that mounting him up is always the best decision and such no-brainer picks drain a lot of possible variety from the game.

CA really should know better by now.
    From watching Milkandcookies it appears that taking the Brood Horror for Thrott means he has significantly lower leadership and is quite squishy. Whilst it is clearly an upgrade it is not nearly as extreme as, say, Teclis and makes more sense too.

Whilst I would have probably preferred Thrott to be just a footlord I personally don't have a massive issue with the Brood Horror mount for him.

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Would usually agree with you, but it kinda makes sense for thrott to have a mount, if Brood Horror had gottin a GW mode (rather than just FW) I would not have been suprised if he had been given it as a mount, maybe with a rule that instead of killing a model and eating it on a failed roll he would take a chunk out of his mount doing maybe D3 wounds instead.

Edit, also Thrott has low leadership and is apparently quite squishy on the Brood Horror, so it does have downsides, so it isn't just a straight buff

You know, if CA actually made mounts into sidegrades instead of straight, major upgrades, I wouldn't complain about it so much.

Say if taking the mount meant Throt could only pick one of his abilities, either the heal OR the summon OR the aura then he'd be trading something meaningful for the advantages he gets and it would require making an actual decision.

But the way it's handled now means that mounting him up is always the best decision and such no-brainer picks drain a lot of possible variety from the game.

From watching Milkandcookies it appears that taking the Brood Horror for Thrott means he has significantly lower leadership and is quite squishy. Whilst it is clearly an upgrade it is not nearly as extreme as, say, Teclis and makes more sense too.

Whilst I would have probably preferred Thrott to be just a footlord I personally don't have a massive issue with the Brood Horror mount for him.
    65 LD matters if you can catch it, since it already cause terror and fear so these don't effect, so remind with his regen may be even double since brood horror has its own , how are you suppose to enough burst to use that low LD
    He has to commit at some point, and now it is harder to pull single entities out once he does you may be able to trap him. Fire damage is also available to a lot of races now, which I assume will do insane damage to Thrott, and Nets will be insane against him on his mount.

Not saying that it isn't a powerful combination and may need a bit of a nerf, but it isn't Teclis' Parrot levels from what I have seen.

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

It's on the level of parrotman because summoning, healing and buff auras are highly meta-relevant abilities and Throt's throwing out a regiment of monstrous infantry at that. Combined with 95 speed and regeneration they become absolutely busted. Low leadership means nothing, it's beneficial if he runs out of combat because it gives him time to regenerate and makes it harder to kill him for good.

I've already seen that pattern. The mount was a bad decision to add.

Maybe, but shall we wait until he has been properly showcased before getting het up about it. As I said above fire is fairly common, there are a good few nets - a combo of which would spell doom for Thrott - also it is harder for SEMs to pull out of combat now, so he may have trouble getting out to regen.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 28,210
    ERICdbs said:

Skaven have had low speed units and lords for ages. Now they get something usable and people wants to nerf them. You get to use your freaking dragons and phoenixes and t-rexes and cavalry.

You seem to forget that Warlock Masters and Ikit could get fast mounts, the latter could even mount a Doomwheel. So no, this is not exactly new.

95 speed for an SEM with poison and regeneration is bad design.

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    ERICdbs said:

Whaaaaaaaat? The Skaven haven't struggled with basically any facet of their army in a long, long while. They had Bonebreakers forever, and not too long ago also got Doomflayers and Doomwheels as mount options. This is coupled to an army that has the best artillery in the game, one of the best gunlines in the game, can spawn units anywhere, can ambush on the move, have great magic and huge numbers of units.

They definitely, definitely didn't need an overpowered mount option. I think the Brood Horror is awesome, but should be distinctly slower for what it is.