Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Updated TW/TW doing bad in sales. Date, Player counts doesn't equal sales.

AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
I will delete the other one just need to add some stuff I forgot. For the The player count/Data go below. I like percentage and bet odds I am treating this kind of like betting odds.

If you go to steam and put Top Sellers and put Strategy category you can see that Tw/Tw is number 8... "you would say that's good!"

Not exactly, Is the New DLC so being new it must be 1-3 spot on the chart the other DLC was in that category 1-3 top sellers, Tw/Tw is on 8.... to make things worse people who didn't buy it now most likely won't buy it after.

The first on the list is Crusader king released in September! and it's a 60$ game it's been there a while now which makes the panorama even worse that people won't buy a DLC 8.99$ at 10% off!(in USA at least) I know many Ex-Warhammer felt disgusted by WH thing due to unbalanced units(ranged to name a few), the cheese in multi, the announcement of No more race packs and the endless lord packs, many left WH2.

Crusader King I know for a fact that many ex- WH fans are there playing. the forums are very active there too, met about 3 who were regulars here.

The rest above the DLC are games from 2018, 2017, and 2016! So, in reality, it's doing very poorly and it's a slow m​o​n​t​h of releases for Steam so it should be on top of the charts. Also, PS5 released then there is that too.

I am not negative like I said the DLC is bad is lopsided and the casuals see what I see, diehard and TT fanbois fans will not see this. But this DLC will bomb hard and will get very bad reviews. the Casual gamer HATES Paywalls and Drycha is hidden behind two paywalls they will review bomb the DLC.

I found Paunch/Warden to be decent DLC I enjoyed the Greenskins part very much so, while I wasn't a fan of their Wacky choice for the roster (3 Pump wagons was absurd) I liked it, even if I didn't play the HE part much I found the DLC was fairly balanced, now this DLC..... Oh my.... Paywall to get a "FLC" and lopsided.

The Skaven part I like so far, the units offer something new and fill new roles in the Skaven roster. Sadly I don't play Skaven so that part of the DLC hold's no allure for me hence was relying on WE to pull through. as do many who like Crossover packs is all about the WH1 race so this time CA screwed themselves big time. I haven't seen such a huge backlash like this one on WH2, even on WH1.
NUMBERS

Data

Let's compare with the best selling and highest reviewed Tomb kings.
Tomb Kngs= 87% positive,
Recent reviews-Mostly Positive,
All Review-Mostly positive.
Qty, Of reviews- 1,600k

Prophet/Warlock= 86% positive,
Recent Reviews-Mixed.
All Review-Mostly positive.
Qty, Of reviews- 800k

Hunter/Beast= 75% positive,
Recent Reviews-Mostly Positive.
All Review-Mixed.
Qty, Of reviews- 1,200k

Shadow/Blade= 75% positive,
Recent Reviews-Mostly Negative.
All Review-Mostly Positive
Qty, Of reviews- 500k

Paunch/Warden= 69% positive,
Recent Reviews-Mixed.
All Review-Mixed.
Qty, Of reviews- 1,000k

By logic, we can assume from the data above
1-Qty of reviews means that more people bought.
2-Race packs are better received by Casuals they offer more content.
3-Initial reviews are from diehards, following reviews are from casuals.
4-Crossover packs are better received and preferred than Standart lord packs.
5-Dropping interest on lord packs after Hunter/Beast.
6-According to the review they hate lopsided content and paywalls.

Example Shadow/Blade sold very poorly means people are getting tired of OG Warhammer 2 races. Regardless of what diehard/fanboys think the real consumer and the one who CA hears out is the Casual gamer these are the brunt of the sales they are the one who isn't here the thousands of thousands.

With all of this, I can safely say this will be the worse DLC in WH2 history. Casuals hate three things from the negative reviews i read
1-Paywalls.
2-Lopsided content.
3-Same price, less content.

This DLC has all three. so here is what I can say from numbers, stats and data and after 2 months
Twisted/Twilight= Less than 70% Positive
Recent reviews-Mostly Negative
All Review-Mixed
Qty, Of reviews- Less than 1K

UPDATE: PLAYER COUNT DOESN'T EQUAL DLC

Ok, some people are comparing player count with sales... that has nothing to do with it, the player count overall is for the player that buy the core game right? it doesn't mean that these players buy all the DLC or buy the current DLC it meant that they are coming back because of the Updates Like I do and my friends do I come back for updates play my one campaign of WH1 race and the get out and wait for another DLC.

We are not comparing WH2 with the DLC they are separate what people have shown me is the player count overall that doesn't equate sales it just means people are coming back to play. that's it doesn't mean they bought the DLC.

I won't buy the DLC but I will come back to see the new regions and most likely start one campaign more. The savior of WH is not the DLC per se it's the Updates and Reworks. ALSO I won't buy a **** DLC for the FLC makes no sense.

People this is logic, higher player count doesn't mean the player will buy the actual DLC it means they have just logged in to play. many come back to finish the campaigns before the updates ruin their saved games other like I said above come to see the new updates mechanics as I do.

Casual gamers are more logical they buy what they need or want and ignore the rest, people here are judging them by their own characters. because you buy all DLC doesn't mean a Casual will buy it. For example, in this long wait, I bought Rome 2:Emperor edition on the stats it will appear I am playing, right? Did I buy or plan to buy all DLC? No, the money I was going to use for Twisted and Twilight I bought a proper DLC Dessert Kingdoms (4 factions tons of new units) do I plan to buy new content? No, the only one worth the money was Dessert Kingdoms and I may buy Hannibal at the Gates at a Discount because I want the Lusitani, Ariverci, and Syracuse.

Post edited by Anonimato on

Comments

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,395
    Too long didnt read give me a tldr
    Soon
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,580
    :s
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,956
    It's sad when people get like this.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,157

This.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,463
    OP expects to get the Wood Elf race for free? Peak cringe.
  • bloodplaguebloodplague Registered Users Posts: 29
    dont u get tired writing all of this ?(3rd time from you i guess there were times i didnt read so maybe more )

nobody here is going to say wow u r right lets cancel the game or omg game is in trouble

and plz tdlr ...

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,286

#MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,384
    Because CA is very bad at doing races. I bought all the DLC, but I can't give them good ratings. The only thing I really liked was the Alit Anara race. But it is not finalized properly.

• HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,413
    IT HASN'T EVEN RELEASED YET!

What the actual **** is wrong with you?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,214
    Until someone shows me how well it's selling at this point in release compared to it's predecessors, I'll not have much of an opinion.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,558
    OP is just convinced the DLC isn't going well just because he's disappointed by it.

• ReyDReyD Registered Users Posts: 288
    edited November 2020
    With all of this, I can safely say this will be the worse DLC in WH2 history.

:D

Yeah if you say so man, if you say so ..
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,349

Because CA is very bad at doing races. I bought all the DLC, but I can't give them good ratings. The only thing I really liked was the Alit Anara race. But it is not finalized properly.

Really? I cannot play it, the Voice just does not fit.
    Beastmen

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 20,932
    Again? Seriously?
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 428
    Didn't read all of it, but the DLC isn't out yet. Wait atleast for it to be out for a month or more before comparing it to other DLCs that have been out for a long time.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,214
    Incidentally, anyone reviewing a DLC they haven't actually played can be discounted as a credible reviewer right away.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • NameAlreadyExistsNameAlreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited November 2020
    I don't think you will be right on this. Noone can say if the dlc sells well until it has been released and some time has passed. The longer a dlc is out, the more likely it is that additional people pick it up.

Comparing a dlc that is out for more than a year with one that has not been released yet is difficult in my view.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    You're just a Troll. . .
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• epic_1597952609284Ly7qlkepic_1597952609284Ly7qlk Registered Users Posts: 70
    He's been at this for days. He wants the dlc to fail to try and prove his original arguments against it why he doesnt like it. Really bored of him now.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 385

TLDR:
    Weird logic.
    Biased assumptions, reasoning and conclusions.
    Opinions about an unreleased DLC without playing it or reading/watching any reviews.

TLDR of my TLDR : [insert a gif about Trolls or someone crying]
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,463
    Tired of salty-ass elf mains.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,545

He's been at this for days. He wants the dlc to fail to try and prove his original arguments against it why he doesnt like it. Really bored of him now.

He wants the DLC to fail 'cause:

WE LP fails = no BM/WoC/TK etc. etc. LP's

Someone already pointed it out.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    The bit i don't get is that people are getting angry that the DLC isn't as good as they hoped like CA owe them something.

Imagine going into a retail store and shouting at the floor staff because you don't like the clothes they sell
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,384
    Surge_2 said:

Really? I cannot play it, the Voice just does not fit.
    Yes, this is my favorite race and my favorite legendary Lord. I don't rate the voice, but I don't see anything bad in the voice acting. Although the model could have been made better.

It has its own mechanics, but it has a lot of bugs. Which are not going to be fixed.

• ReyDReyD Registered Users Posts: 288
    Amonkhet said:

Tired of salty-ass elf mains.

Well this 3 Elves focus DLC in a row might have generated some bad effects on this forum.

If we are lucky, it's the last piece of elven content for a time :D

(DE FLC ? )
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,558
    Guess it belongs here.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,571
    You keep spreading this nonsense on every thread so I'll repeat it one final time: CA said on Drycha's stream that you do not have to own the new DLC to get Drycha. You just have to own the first WE DLC. You've been told this multiple times and keep complaining about it.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 134
    I'd rather wait for the release of the DLC before saying it doesn't sell well. So far the content + rework are pretty good for the price IMHO.
  • AkoriiiiiAkoriiiii Registered Users Posts: 7
    Try harder next time
  • GeneralTGeneralT Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    Wow only one dlc worth its value.
    How arrogant can one person be.

Can say a sports car is not worth it for me. But saying it's not worth it's price tag, that's just childish.
This discussion has been closed.