Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will this be the WH3 Immortal empire map?

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,168
    I struggle to see how game 2 took up half the Warhammer world and Game 3 would only take up a tiny chunk like this.

I expect Cathay's entirety to be included. Otherwise it'd be a pitifully small chunk.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,496

I struggle to see how game 2 took up half the Warhammer world and Game 3 would only take up a tiny chunk like this.

I expect Cathay's entirety to be included. Otherwise it'd be a pitifully small chunk.

Then I would expect massive numbers of factions to be left behind over the life of the game, because there is zero point in including land for the Far East, without the wholesale creation of 3 fan fiction Race packs.

The Far East = Shallow implementation of the World.

The alternative is the most depth possible.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,168
    Surge_2 said:

Then I would expect massive numbers of factions to be left behind over the life of the game, because there is zero point in including land for the Far East, without the wholesale creation of 3 fan fiction Race packs.

Eh, they're a good place to just throw random factions if CA aren't going to implement the native races, which they don't have to.

The map in the OP seems quite boring for a whole game. It's either desolate mountains or wasteland. Bit bland.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name

Surge_2 said:

Eh, they're a good place to just throw random factions if CA aren't going to implement the native races, which they don't have to.

The map in the OP seems quite boring for a whole game. It's either desolate mountains or wasteland. Bit bland.
    Its Mountains, Forests, Wasteland, Frozen, Steppe/Grassland, Jungle, Undead.

Its literally anything other than Fantasy Elf Island. Every faction, every zone type, is possible, without the far east.

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,446

Expect lot people not happy with what we have now. We want CA to fix current ME + add new stuff, however while I´m optimistic I also think we won´t get far east in the end and if CA at least fix what we have now (getting full Lustria...) I will be happy..

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,342
    Daruwind said:

Wh3 main campaign probably

And immortal we hope for but honestly anything besides Great Maw if big what if...

we will definitely have new climates in dark land, and the dark land is way too small in that map
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,185
    edited November 2020
    I can't believe people are seriously arguing that game 3's expansion will be smaller than game 2's.

We know game 2's area is being increased, whether than it FULL continents or just BIGGER is yet to be seen.

You cannot seriously believe they will market a game to us that will be drastically smaller than the last one.

Then there is the point of room for DLC. Game 2 has already become to bloated in both Vortex and ME they've had to do multiple expansions to the size of the map and reshuffling of territory just to fit DLC in. They want to sell DLC for as long as it is profitable. That means as large a map as technically viable for peoples computers to run. They were already out of space after 3 years of DLC for game 2. It will be the whole Warhammer world if they can afford to do it technically. This will not mean we get cathay and ind necessarily, but it will mean places to put more HE, Skaven, Dwarf etc LL's further down the line.

Really just depends, PC specs and end turn timers will be the only limiting factor.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

I can't believe people are seriously arguing that game 3's expansion will be smaller than game 2's.

We know game 2's area is being increased, whether than it FULL continents or just BIGGER is yet to be seen.

You cannot seriously believe they will market a game to us that will be drastically smaller than the last one.

Then there is the point of room for DLC. Game 2 has already become to bloated in both Vortex and ME they've had to do multiple expansions to the size of the map and reshuffling of territory just to fit DLC in. They want to sell DLC for as long as it is profitable. That means as large a map as technically viable for peoples computers to run. They were already out of space after 3 years of DLC for game 2. It will be the whole Warhammer world if they can afford to do it technically. This will not mean we get cathay and ind necessarily, but it will mean places to put more HE, Skaven, Dwarf etc LL's further down the line.

Really just depends, PC specs and end turn timers will be the only limiting factor.

Maybe the concept of the 'mini map' is simply flawed.

I was shocked at how cramped it is with all the LL's. I havent played Vortex in years but did it yesterday/today with Eltharion.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 23,685
    There is only one acceptable map:

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    Cut everything east and south of the mountains of mourn.

And nothing of value is lost.

Surge_2 said:

Cut everything east and south of the mountains of mourn.

And nothing of value is lost.

Without the east CA cannot release DLCs as long as we buy them because the map would be to small.

Bigger map means more DLCs
    More DLCs means longer lifecycle
    Longe Lifecycle means more profit

Adding the Far East is a simple business decision and CA would be crazy to exclude it.
  • gekjgekj Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 325
    edited November 2020
    it will me more like this :

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 5,793
    ArneSo said:

Without the east CA cannot release DLCs as long as we buy them because the map would be to small.

You are mixing up the size of the map and the size of the area that it covers.
    gekj said:

This looks terrible.

Full continents are basically confirmed by CA so your map is already unrealistic
    ArneSo said:

gekj said:

This looks terrible.

Full continents are basically confirmed by CA so your map is already unrealistic
    I agree, although if I was being pessimistic, that could be how far east it would initially go, with the rest covered in fog of war and uncovered with (hopefully) a Cathay campaign pack early in game 3's life cycle- I expect the start of it's life cycle will mirror game 2 with two LPs with just the core races and two campaign packs: Dow and Cathay
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,076
    Phoenix pretty much nailed it. What many people fail to realise is the technical limitations. Social media comments about full continents are about as meaningful as most of Turkey was for Troy. Some landmass will definitely be added, but don't expect anything extraordinary. Geki's curtailed version seems more realistic, although even that could be a tad optimistic.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• GeneralTGeneralT Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 119
    I agree, but I think the seas should be bigger on the sides with tełeports to and from each side of the map. So it's possible to sirkel around a jet not just 2 turn thing.
    Empire got I right with this
  • GeneralTGeneralT Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 119

Phoenix pretty much nailed it. What many people fail to realise is the technical limitations. Social media comments about full continents are about as meaningful as most of Turkey was for Troy. Some landmass will definitely be added, but don't expect anything extraordinary. Geki's curtailed version seems more realistic, although even that could be a tad optimistic.

Well at the age of Troy turkey did not exist.
    So you point is meaningless.
    GeneralT said:

I agree, but I think the seas should be bigger on the sides with tełeports to and from each side of the map. So it's possible to sirkel around a jet not just 2 turn thing.
    Empire got I right with this
    I mean if the map is the full world, teleports wouldn’t even be necessary- you should be able to sail east from Nippon straight to Naggaroth (although I don’t know if it’s ever been said how large the Pacific Ocean of Warhammer is)
    Nagash will rule again!

GeneralT said:

Lmao, you completely missed the point. In one of the interviews, CA claimed that the map of Troy will include most of modern Turkey. It didn't.
    Nestor.

There is no reason to not add full continents. Full Lustria and Southlands are 100% safe. Otherwise every WH3 race would have the same problem as malus and wouldn’t be able to trade.

They said we should not worry about full continents. This is clear.

GeneralT said:

Lmao, you completely missed the point. In one of the interviews, CA claimed that the map of Troy will include most of modern Turkey. It didn't.
    That’s wasn’t CA that’s was a Magazine talking about Troy
    I doubt the journalists invented it out of thin air. When it was announced, it was certainly not treated as that, Arne.
    ArneSo said:

First I would like to admit that I’m super hyped for the game even with all the negativity towards Troy.

But the map is to small in my opinion.
    As we can see here, it only includes a small coastline of Asia Minor and goes only 1 province deep into the mainland.

Didn’t CA say we will get most parts of modern Day Turkey with Troy being in the very centre of the map?

This map is only slightly bigger than Wrath of Sparta and really disappointing after the huge map we got in ToB...

What are your thoughts about the map?
    Are you also disappointed that Central Asia Minor is cut from the map?

Anyway, there's a pretty good reason, as Phoenix explained. Minimum specs, stability and all that.
    Nestor.

I doubt the journalists invented it out of thin air. When it was announced, it was certainly not treated as that, Arne.

ArneSo said:

First I would like to admit that I’m super hyped for the game even with all the negativity towards Troy.

As we can see here, it only includes a small coastline of Asia Minor and goes only 1 province deep into the mainland.

Didn’t CA say we will get most parts of modern Day Turkey with Troy being in the very centre of the map?

This map is only slightly bigger than Wrath of Sparta and really disappointing after the huge map we got in ToB...

Anyway, there's a pretty good reason, as Phoenix explained. Minimum specs, stability and all that.
    Yes but it wasn’t CA saying that. It was a misinformation spread by a game magazine.

Troy’s map was disappointing and CA probably has to expand the map in the future.

Troy is also not WH3, their biggest game ever. It’s just a minor Saga game.

It’s more realistic to expect something big for their biggest title ever.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Yes but it wasn’t CA saying that. It was a misinformation spread by a game magazine.

Troy’s map was disappointing and CA probably has to expand the map in the future.

You don't know if the misinformation was spread by the magazine or CA. The more modest version of the map will still be quite huge. Again, it's a matter of technical limitations.
    Nestor.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

You don't know if the misinformation was spread by the magazine or CA. The more modest version of the map will still be quite huge. Again, it's a matter of technical limitations.
    There are no technical limitations for the map.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,170
    Surge_2 said:

And lol at four years.

You think Warhammer 3 took 4 years of effort? I have a bridge to sell you.

Take a look at the other games released since. You can thank them for the map we get.

It did their blogs have all said so.
    Prophet of Cathay.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,170

Surge_2 said:

You can't reason with Surge 2 about far east being in at all. Just like a certain high elf mega fanboy he has big blinders on and insists that no one else can ever get anything unless chaos gets it all. Even if CA came down form the heavens and is like we are going to announce far east he would be like its not happening lol. He is like an ostrich that sticks its head in the ground.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    Gamgee said:

Surge_2 said:

And lol at four years.

You think Warhammer 3 took 4 years of effort? I have a bridge to sell you.

Take a look at the other games released since. You can thank them for the map we get.

It did their blogs have all said so.
    There's only one main team, which is transferred from the current tent-pole game in production to the next. Not sure what exactly the blogs claimed it or how they phrased it, but any serious production cannot have started before the release of Three Kingdoms in May 2019.
    Nestor.