Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ai Colonization?

Hammer145Hammer145 Registered Users Posts: 11
Hello. Does anyone know of any mods or something that will make ai colonize more often? Or occupy more often? I've been playing as Wulfhart on Vortex with Easy Campaign/Normal Battle settings. About 60 turns in. There were a lot of ruins by me. So I thought I'd just colonize them. But after I basically colonized 3 whole provinces, it seemed a little odd. I have a toggle fog of war mod that I use to check out the state of the world on occasion. Looking at the map now, I see TONS of ruins. And not all are Skaven. Most are just regular ruins. Which leads me to 3 conclusions. 1: The Ai does more razing than occupying. 2: The Ai doesn't do almost any colonizing. Or 3: A bit of both. I know for a fact these climates are suitable for the factions in these areas, IT FREE REAL ESTATE. Am I doing something wrong? Is the Ai too poor on Easy Campaign to colonize? The only other thing I can think to do is disable all my mods and try a campaign without anything that will affect the Ai. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 1,924
    Hammer145 said:

Hello. Does anyone know of any mods or something that will make ai colonize more often? Or occupy more often? I've been playing as Wulfhart on Vortex with Easy Campaign/Normal Battle settings. About 60 turns in. There were a lot of ruins by me. So I thought I'd just colonize them. But after I basically colonized 3 whole provinces, it seemed a little odd. I have a toggle fog of war mod that I use to check out the state of the world on occasion. Looking at the map now, I see TONS of ruins. And not all are Skaven. Most are just regular ruins. Which leads me to 3 conclusions. 1: The Ai does more razing than occupying. 2: The Ai doesn't do almost any colonizing. Or 3: A bit of both. I know for a fact these climates are suitable for the factions in these areas, IT FREE REAL ESTATE. Am I doing something wrong? Is the Ai too poor on Easy Campaign to colonize? The only other thing I can think to do is disable all my mods and try a campaign without anything that will affect the Ai. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe it's because your on Vortex, but my problem in ME is that the AI colonise like nobody's business- I use mods that limit their colonisation- and trust me, no matter what difficulty you're on, the AI has no problems with money
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Registered Users Posts: 483
    Sorry OP, can't help. Like DeadpoolSW I want scaled back or more realistic colonisation.

Interesting you are having this experience. I wonder if the easy campaign setting is the reason. Try switching up to normal and see if you still have the same issue.