Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is legendoftotalwar the Tyler Durden of this community?

Son_of_gromSon_of_grom Registered Users Posts: 56
edited November 2020 in Total War General Chat
Not a bad YouTube broadcaster by any means as well, but he’s better looking than his icon. Maybe a reasonably regular looking guy, if that regular guy was pretty handsome. Which probably makes him the Brad Pitt of this scene. Is that the crux of his appeal. Homoeroticism?

How him and a number of guys have more subs than milkandcookiestw i have no clue. If I think about it honestly maybe they really do have better single player video themes and gimmicks or something, but milkandcookiestw just needs to study up and bite off them a bit or something, cause he’s just so much funnier and more talented it’s ridiculous

Already making the best vids in this community but underrated somehow. Even if for some reason you like watching homogenous single player battles with beain dead ai... you watch a milkandcookiestw video for his skills as a writer and speaker. He’s got jokes

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,462
    Legend has been playing Total War since he was 14, he's around 35 or 36 now. That's why he has a huge channel.
  • Son_of_gromSon_of_grom Registered Users Posts: 56

Legend has been playing Total War since he was 14, he's around 35 or 36 now. That's why he has a huge channel.

I can respect that. Like many of us even I have gotten too old to die young.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 292
    Legend knows virtually every single exploit, trick, and AI weakness in the game. He plays the game all day everyday. People watch him for the insights and the lulz. He definitely doesn't have the most endearing personality, he doesn't have the best video editing or production, but that's not why people watch him so it doesn't matter as much.
  • BigbadbearpieceBigbadbearpiece Registered Users Posts: 111
    edited November 2020
    Used to be a fan of Legend but not so much nowadays. He’s kind of inadvertently poisoned a large section the playerbase into cheesing and doom stacking IMO.

His channel wasn’t that big a couple of years ago but you can’t deny that he puts out the most content and works hard - which is why he has grown so much.

He used to be edgey and quite critical of CA (sometimes overly so) and he has since adopted more of a patsy stance with them, which is another reason I tune in much less.

I honestly can’t stomach any more videos involving Skaven weapons team and plague priest spam, which accounts for 50% of his content nowadays.

Big fan of Indypride still though. He’s probably my favourite content creator nowadays. He is very eloquent in his speaking his videos are very cinematic.
    More LL for Wood Elves please.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,253

Used to be a fan of Legend but not so much nowadays. He’s kind of inadvertently poisoned a large section the playerbase into cheesing and doom stacking IMO.

His channel wasn’t that big a couple of years ago but you can’t deny that he puts out the most content and works hard - which is why he has grown so much.

He used to be edgey and quite critical of CA (sometimes overly so) and he has since adopted more of a patsy stance with them, which is another reason I tune in much less.

I honestly can’t stomach any more videos involving Skaven weapons team and plague priest spam, which accounts for 50% of his content nowadays.

Big fan of Indypride still though. He’s probably my favourite content creator nowadays. He is very eloquent in his speaking his videos are very cinematic.

Not at all. He is still critical of them if he doesn't like the content, that's not changed. He had a disagreement with CA and it got out of hand, he said a few things CA thought weren't suitable for him to be an official Youtuber.

There's a big difference between being a patsy and a professional.
  • goremandgoremand Registered Users Posts: 143
    Weirdest thread I have seen on this forum.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,400
    I like him for just being honest. Indypride often sugarcoats his opinions.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,253
    ROMOBOY said:

Well, he really likes the game and he does often find bugs no one else does.

I prefer his lore and 'what's possible in the future videos?"
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,387
    They are both pretty sharp, but I don't follow either of them. Legend helped me on a couple of my Legendary campaigns. He's the most prolific Legendary player. I like how MilkandCookies has taken on a lot of the mod development and fun but serious battles showcasing. He has done that the best far as I can tell. I follow HeroofCarthage if I want personality, pickup games. Book of Grudges for info. I also like the story tellers like the IneptGeneral.

Turin is easily the funniest and most likeable by a landslide.

Because Legend and Milk play all the time I don't want to be subscribed to them. I don't want live notifications. I watch the replays when I am interested.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 1,743

but he’s better looking than his icon. Maybe a reasonably regular looking guy, if that regular guy was pretty handsome. Which probably makes him the Brad Pitt of this scene. Is that the crux of his appeal. Homoeroticism?

How the hell did you get to that conclusion lol

ROMOBOY said:

Well, he really likes the game and he does often find bugs no one else does.

I prefer his lore and 'what's possible in the future videos?"
    I agree. I only watch his speculative videos. I could care less about his gameplay videos and dlc coverage.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

but he’s better looking than his icon. Maybe a reasonably regular looking guy, if that regular guy was pretty handsome. Which probably makes him the Brad Pitt of this scene. Is that the crux of his appeal. Homoeroticism?

How the hell did you get to that conclusion lol
    Sus

edited November 2020
    Bastilean said:

They are both pretty sharp, but I don't follow either of them. Legend helped me on a couple of my Legendary campaigns. He's the most prolific Legendary player. I like how MilkandCookies has taken on a lot of the mod development and fun but serious battles showcasing. He has done that the best far as I can tell. I follow HeroofCarthage if I want personality, pickup games. Book of Grudges for info. I also like the story tellers like the IneptGeneral.

Turin is easily the funniest and most likeable by a landslide.

Because Legend and Milk play all the time I don't want to be subscribed to them. I don't want live notifications. I watch the replays when I am interested.

I like Turin, but 2 word jokes like “condom wolves” and “wood elf Mel Gibson” (granted it’s three words, but did he even come up with that) do not put him in the category of milkandcookiestw.

Like somebody said, Indy pride is an eloquent speaker. He gives a really well thought out voiceover. Turin very well may be my second fav in the community. But there’s no comparison.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 4,498
    goremand said:

lol no doubt. I hit 'homoeroticism' and checked out.
    Knights of Bretonnia

• FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 817
    goremand said:

You sweet summer child.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
    Surge_2 said:

goremand said:

Looks like I hit the nail on the head then. Don’t let any handsome men block your way to the door!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 23,630
    Tyler Durden is super attractive. Don't know or care about Legend.
    If you have an issue with how forum guidelines are applied the forum Administrator responsible is CA_Grace who can also be contacted by Reddit.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,648
    I don't know if I follow the Tyler Durden analogy at all really. Regardless of who you do or don't find attractive....their personalities aren't the same at all, and Legend definitely isn't building up some secret Total War 'fight club'. He's not even into multiplayer, much less terrorism.

Weird choice of analogy.

As far as content, I think both are good at what they do, but they both have flaws. Legend can be kind of condescending at times, and Indypride can be unnecessarily verbose and sexual in a juvenile sort of way. Not saying either of them make bad content, but there ARE reasons to like/dislike each one...it's not a lopsided comparison where Indypride is 'superior' in every way as to make it a mystery as to why Legend might have more subscribers.

Personally, I prefer HeirofCarthage, PartyElite, and Zerkovich myself....but my taste has also fluctuated over time/fluctuates as the state of release changes. For example, I enjoy Zerkovich or ItalianSpartacus WAY more before DLC is released, as I think they do the best unit previews/campaign mechanic introductions in a vacuum (not a cluttered battle/super long let's play). But after content is out, they don't have the same caliber of 'let's plays', mod showcases, or multiplayer battles to sink my teeth into, which is what I'm more interested in after I've experienced the game. So after the DLC has aged some, I prefer people like Turin or Heir or Indy or Mandalore or Yrridian.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 4,498

Surge_2 said:

goremand said:

Looks like I hit the nail on the head then. Don’t let any handsome men block your way to the door!
    I mean your man crush is evident, I dont judge you. I dont know what any of these dudes look like but you do you.
    Knights of Bretonnia

• KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 1,743

Surge_2 said:

goremand said:

Sounds like you fancy him yourself there boyo.

Surge_2 said:

goremand said:

I can’t deny that I do but I feel like I’m not the only one.

@ the other guy who said he didn’t know what these guys look like. I don’t often watch YouTube videos but when I do Legend put up a face cam recently.

I’m as straight as it gets. A ridiculously straight man, but I was stricken by how dark and handsome the man was. Outed as gay on the spot. I’m not looking back.
    Look I’m just saying it. We were all thinking it.

Surge_2 said:

goremand said:

@ the other guy who said he didn’t know what these guys look like. I don’t often watch YouTube videos but when I do Legend put up a face cam recently.

I’m as straight as it gets. A ridiculously straight man, but I was stricken by how dark and handsome the man was. Outed as gay on the spot. I’m not looking back.
    Sus

Look I’m just saying it. We were all thinking it.

Sus

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,061
    Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 23,630

Surge_2 said:

goremand said:

He's dad handsome.

It's always really weird when guys are afraid to acknowledge other guys are attractive. If you don't have a serious condition you know. It's okay.
    If you have an issue with how forum guidelines are applied the forum Administrator responsible is CA_Grace who can also be contacted by Reddit.
This discussion has been closed.