Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WE patch is disappointing.

13»

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,175
    RikRiorik said:

I started out as sceptical. But the entire DLC + FLC + rework has grown on me. I'm not hyped. I still don't expect the DLC portion to be anything but a middle ground LP for me. But I'm not disinterested as I was before. The rework seems to take a lot of what was suggested and taking that on board.

Some would still complain, but if the Sisters mechanic was Eltharion tier, and the Unit Cards had more consistent art style with the original stuff, this release would be an absolute smash hit.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    Surge_2 said:

RikRiorik said:

I started out as sceptical. But the entire DLC + FLC + rework has grown on me. I'm not hyped. I still don't expect the DLC portion to be anything but a middle ground LP for me. But I'm not disinterested as I was before. The rework seems to take a lot of what was suggested and taking that on board.

Some would still complain, but if the Sisters mechanic was Eltharion tier, and the Unit Cards had more consistent art style with the original stuff, this release would be an absolute smash hit.
    It would be a good DLC if they reworked Athel Loren, added Scarloc and meadow chariot
    I want an expanded Athel Loren as much as anyone. I honestly think sometimes I'm the only one that cares about the map in a wider sense. :(

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,522
    Surge_2 said:

I want an expanded Athel Loren as much as anyone. I honestly think sometimes I'm the only one that cares about the map in a wider sense. :(

Difference in caring and what is expected. I'd like a better map, I do not expect major changes game 2 either so don't really comment on it much.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,797
    Surge_2 said:

Everybody wants the map to get upgraded but we've trodden that ground too much.
    The main issue is how much Southlands and Lustria is missing, along with the West Coasts (and associated ports) of Naggaroth and Lustria.

Even @veresh1989 can agree with me on this because aside from giving more room to Lizardmen that means also a ton of elven colonies scrapped from the map.
    All those Islands, lost. :(

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,015
    Surge_2 said:

We all want a map better tailored to our special wants and needs. But nothing much is going to happen in TWW2 that is for sure. Outside of some small reshuffling, additions and Darklands expansions there's not much that is going to happen. That said the map has changed A LOT since the game launched.

TWW3s combined map is where the hopes must be directed and where those hopes might come to die.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,028
    Giving WE an artillery Monster would completely ruin the race and its design.

The update is pretty good.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• D4B0SSD4B0SS Registered Users Posts: 230

D4B0SS said:

@expa
    3. Warhammer Total War 2 is for Casual Gamers

why do you ask the game for what it is not intended for?

False. They surely dumbed the game down a lot, but it still requires a lot of dedication to see it through plus quite a modicum of skill (just way less in relation to other titles in the series). It's for sure not some dumb Farmville or Candy Crush type game that you can waste time on during your daily commute.

It's a game intended for fans of TW and fans of Warhammer. Warhammer itself being as far removed from casual as it can get considering the enourmous entry hurdles that hobby carries with it.

if game has not MP Ladder it is casual game for soloing.

D4B0SS said:

@expa
    3. Warhammer Total War 2 is for Casual Gamers

why do you ask the game for what it is not intended for?

False. They surely dumbed the game down a lot, but it still requires a lot of dedication to see it through plus quite a modicum of skill (just way less in relation to other titles in the series). It's for sure not some dumb Farmville or Candy Crush type game that you can waste time on during your daily commute.

It's a game intended for fans of TW and fans of Warhammer. Warhammer itself being as far removed from casual as it can get considering the enourmous entry hurdles that hobby carries with it.

The definitions are blurred. The most common understanding is that a casual gamer of TWW2 can refer to someone who only plays campaigns that do not have a built-in competitive mode like competitive Solo Campaign.

I guess in casual gameplay of TWW2 you focus on having fun and doing funny mechanics whereas competitive you focus on competing, improving and becoming the best in MP Ladder or MP campaign, but TWW2 has not competitive MP Ladder or MP campaign like other games: SC2, WC3, Age of Empire 2.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,041
    My only complaint really, is the nonexistent mechanic of Sisters of Twilight campaign.

And minor nitpick is lack of new generic Lord for Skaven, but that's a real tiny nitpick.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,455
    ReyD said:

"This is the worst "rework" ever!"

That was a quick read for me. I stopped at that line cause I know I already disagree with you.

Worst Rework Ever ? Are you kidding :D
    It's one of the best, if not the best rework to date in this trilogy.

When a rework doesn't meet your ... weird and disproportionate expectations, it doesn't make it "bad" per say

You stopped reading because you disagreed with someone?
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • expaexpa Registered Users Posts: 38
    Dear Developers and Community,

I would like to thank all those who took their time to read my post and would like to add a few more findings.

I watched a few more hours of youtube from various people regarding this DLC and some of the mechanics are even worse.

The teleportation mechanic bugged for a turn (most likely somebody was sitting in the teleport location spot [Sheldon :smile: ]) as the next turn in worked.

The skill tree of the sisters crashed the game when interacting with the vaul anvil mechanic. The skill point which reduces the timer.

Off screen somebody said that the Coedil battle bugged. I've seen the battle at other streamers.

I have also seen the "full power" of the Forge of Daith. It is worse than you think. It caps, it stops giving you items after a while. Don't know if this is a beta thing, but not only that most of the items are crap it also has limited time to be used. It gives you some pathetic minor buff for your armies instead of a new item.

If you upgrade an item with Arahan after the time expires it goes down to being green. So if it was purple and you upgraded it goes down to being green, the worst version of it.

It is so Sad, because she is is so happy that she receives an item and the item you get is trash 99% of the time.

This mechanic must be changed so that you use both sisters. You receive on item when you go to Daith if you choose Arahan it gives you a permanent item but with different stats than if you went with Naestra.

For example an item which gives 5 melee attack and 5 melee defence if you upgrade it with Arahan it give 10 melee attack and 5 melee defence, if you upgrade it with Naestra it gives 5 melee attack and 10 melee defence.

Currently not only that the items you receive are crap , but the whole mechanic is a failure of a glorified ritual.

• expaexpa Registered Users Posts: 38

Please enlighten me how do you siege? You autoresolve and wait 2 /3 turns for replenishment? Do you doom stack with tree man or you do the annoying siege with waywatchers ? Maybe you send those super efective wardancers to climb the ladder and die in huge numbers or do you send the other super effective rangers?

The WE die way to easy a tree arty or another monster to fill that roll would have been very good.

The wood elves patch is an april 1st joke. It is atrocious.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Seldkam said:

ReyD said:

"This is the worst "rework" ever!"

That was a quick read for me. I stopped at that line cause I know I already disagree with you.

Worst Rework Ever ? Are you kidding :D
    It's one of the best, if not the best rework to date in this trilogy.

When a rework doesn't meet your ... weird and disproportionate expectations, it doesn't make it "bad" per say

You stopped reading because you disagreed with someone?
    Nobody here's required to read anything, y'know.

Also, when someone has his conclusion right in the beginning, especially when it's a pure personal value judgement and one has already come to the opposite conclusion oneself, why read on? If someone tells me that strawberry icecream is the worst flavor ever and then rambles on for twenty minutes about how it offends his tastebuds, I'm not obliged to listen and there would be no point.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,827
    expa said:

Please enlighten me how do you siege? You autoresolve and wait 2 /3 turns for replenishment? Do you doom stack with tree man or you do the annoying siege with waywatchers ? Maybe you send those super efective wardancers to climb the ladder and die in huge numbers or do you send the other super effective rangers?

The WE die way to easy a tree arty or another monster to fill that roll would have been very good.

The wood elves patch is an april 1st joke. It is atrocious.
    You don't need artillery to be good at sieging.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods