Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Im sucking hard against Greenskin

statoliquidostatoliquido Registered Users Posts: 4
I'm playing against a good friend of mine, he is no proplayer but he mains GS, usually he wants to play with little army (around 7000 points) with this amount of points im sucking against him with nearly every faction.

I need a good counter build, which is the real nemesis of greenskins?

Give me some practical example pls.

ps: i'm not that good at this game, but i'm willing to learn and improve, i love Skaven but against GS i find them hard to play.

Enlight me guys ! :(
Tagged:

Comments

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    In general, undead are tricky for GS.

Skaven can do very well also.

What are yours and his builds?

Might also be worth scaling up to 12400 gold matches on large unit size. That's the norm and the game is balanced around
  • statoliquidostatoliquido Registered Users Posts: 4
    Main Lords he is using are Skarsnik or Wurzag, as heroes one Gblin shaman or one black orc big boss.

Infantry: 2 or 3 units of Goblins (dunno why they are week but with him are unbreakable, 1 or 2 units of night goblinz (pain in the a.. for me!) , 1 unit of orc big uns and sometimes savage orcs.

Missiles: 1 unit of Night goblin archers

Cavalry: Savage or Uns boar 1 or 2 units

Ranged: Forest Goblin with spiders

It seems easy to counter but i don't know, i'm really struggling with him, i usually don't like to play counters, but i need some good old help here.

Thx in advance.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    What army do you main?
    Try snikch, an assassin and a plague priest

Rival hide and trophy heads on the assassin only

Clanrats summon and plague monk summon only on the priest.

Snikch don't take concealment bombs.

5 slave spears
    5 slave normal.
    3 rat ogres.
    1 poison wind mortar.

Use the mortar to bring him to you, drop summons to slow his advance and allow your mortar to work.

Use 2 rat ogres to cycle charge a unit at a time of his with a summon OR slaves as buffering.

The other rat ogre is reserve.

When there is an opportunity jump on Skarsnik / wurrzag with the assassin and snikch

If there is a blob use rival hide talisman to debuff their MA
    You could take Queek instead of snikch

Try snikch, an assassin and a plague priest

Rival hide and trophy heads on the assassin only

Clanrats summon and plague monk summon only on the priest.

Snikch don't take concealment bombs.

5 slave spears
    5 slave normal.
    3 rat ogres.
    1 poison wind mortar.

Use the mortar to bring him to you, drop summons to slow his advance and allow your mortar to work.

Use 2 rat ogres to cycle charge a unit at a time of his with a summon OR slaves as buffering.

The other rat ogre is reserve.

When there is an opportunity jump on Skarsnik / wurrzag with the assassin and snikch

If there is a blob use rival hide talisman to debuff their MA

With large armies, what would you suggest ?

How you would put down the rogue Idol with Skavens?

Wich is the best counter with Skaven for an Arachnarok spieder?

For you wich are the best skaven's unit, the most essential ones in every matchup?
    Bastilean said:

What army do you main?

I'm not maining any race, beacause i like to undestand any unit, i play multiple factions such as Skaven, Beastmen & vampare counts, now i would like to main Skavens.
    A Hellpit will Kill a Rogue Idol, so will Jezzails.

Both of those will do well vs both of those large units. You can also try ignore those and kill everything else he has. Particularly as the Idol is slow.

Sounds like he likes Big centerpieces which arent hard for skaven to take down with firepower.

if thats his playstyle you just need to defend your missile units whilst they generate value. Use summons and rat ogres to block him up,

Alternatively 2 hellpits can goon his monsters in combat

A Hellpit will Kill a Rogue Idol, so will Jezzails.

Both of those will do well vs both of those large units. You can also try ignore those and kill everything else he has. Particularly as the Idol is slow.

Sounds like he likes Big centerpieces which arent hard for skaven to take down with firepower.

if thats his playstyle you just need to defend your missile units whilst they generate value. Use summons and rat ogres to block him up,

Alternatively 2 hellpits can goon his monsters in combat

night goblinz & big uns, which are the skavens units that can best counter them
    Plague Monks, Globe mortars,
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, globes are good. Ratling Guns are good but need protecting. Stormvermin with swords... and halberds if he brings trolls. Monks. Cencers if he brings Black Orcs. A unit or two of rat ogres to force a win in a tied engagement. Make sure you have the Death Frenzy spell. It will help your troops do more damage and possibly hold longer. Don't be afraid to bring a couple plague priests on foot just to provide melee screens for your ratlings guns to easily shoot through.

Honestly, Skaven is a tough match up into a good Greenskin player. Greenskins are weak into armor and lack a anti-large unit so Bretonnians might be your best bet with lots of knights errant, realm knights and questing knights.
    Post edited by Bastilean on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file