Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit Balance Changes Patch Notes

Comments

• MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,351
    Dwarf and Wood Elves are winner in this patch. Dwarf's rune has cast range now.

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 5,824
    Eltharion +2 MA, that's adding insult to injury. Never picked for another 6 months.

Most nerfs to HE are fine, noble chariot +100 is questionable with the mass changes but whatever. You did forget completely about buffing their bad units though, like Ithilmars cost, Eltharion cost, Griffin mounts cost.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,018
    edited December 2020

Amonkhet said:

GBone said:

Wow. Vampirates unit sizes took a beating.

Sad yar-harr noises
    Less unit size is both a nerf and a buff.
    How's so?
    Positioning will be a lot easier, firing while engaged in melee will be a lot easier (and quicker, with the reload buff and with the melee buff), less overall HP, but each individual model will have more HP.

You rarely used up all your Reloads from the gunnery wight, so any loss of ammo doesn't matter.

Goodbye Vampirates, Norsca here I come

Its not like what it seems.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 793

*looks at hte List of Dwarf Nerfs*

What have the Dawi done to you?

*Looks at the charge bonus buff to Hammerers*

Yey, they are finally useful... /s

Honestly it looks like dwarfs have got buffed indirectly and the nerfs are a response to that.

Mass increases, knockdown changes, summons nerf, vortex and line spells nerf, making SEM's do more damage at the expense of being more vulnerable all good stuff. Hence mainly nerfs to dawi roster - except of course giant slayers look like they got a decent buff. Still would like them in a smaller unit size, but they might be able to do their damn job and dumpster SEM's
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 558
    MrMecH said:

It's a great change. This definitely helps with dropping their buffs in the necessary spots during a battle.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 793
    Xerxes52 said:

MrMecH said:

It's a great change. This definitely helps with dropping their buffs in the necessary spots during a battle.
    Is a great change, not just for mp but also for campaign.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,155
    edited December 2020
    Well, interesting that summons got a Winds of Magic increase. Won't be as impactful in singleplayer where Winds flow like water, but hopefully this will help in multiplayer.

I still think it's frustrating that Lord's redline skills and technology don't buff their respective unit when its in summons form. Makes summons little more than brief distractions in campaign when you have all that campaign power creeping to contend with. Doing this would provide interesting incentives for players to invest in technology and skills for low tier units because they use them as summons.

For example, Kemmler gets this really cool item that gives zombies regeneration. That's great except almost nobody will bother with zombies after turn 10. That just leaves his zombie summons, which do not benefit at all. They also tend to immediately start crumbling the second you summon them because they don't get any of the leadership buffs they need to keep up in the campaign.
  • NinaranNinaran Registered Users Posts: 277
    edited December 2020
    Wow, Penumbral Pendulum got its damage halved? Rough.

Edit: I am wrong, see below.
    Post edited by Ninaran on
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,018
    Ninaran said:

There goes Lore of Shadow having any relevance again.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 463
    Canuovea said:

Hmm. Is it just me or have the dragons, maybe single entities generally, been hit with a defence nerf but attack buff?

Noooo! No Expert Charge Defence for Halberds! Noooo!

Oh. Look at the Vamp Coast. Fewer models per unit. At least for ranged?

Dark Elves got buffed! Neato! They needed it. Wonder if Dread Knights will actually be good now?

No Expert Charge Defence for Halberds! This is a massive mistake and unnecessary nerf. Theu were the empires only effective means at holding off enemy infantry charges. Swordsmen trying to counter an incoming infantry charge suck and greatswords are too expensive to bring and still have enough to fill out a backline of missiles and arty. Halbediers should have had their cost reduced to around 600 and let them keep the charge defence vs all.
    Amonkhet said:

Ninaran said:

Guess that means I'll focus more on Metal with Chaos then. It's fine, Pit of Shades still has a niche as a vortex that can be used on walls, and the Miasma + Smoke & Mirrors combo to help your slow ass Chosen to reach their targets.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    Big changes to tzarkan make malus viable. Lokhir got some sweet buffs on foot
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

• BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 954
    Question: why was this patch not called the 'hold your ground' patch?
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 817
    Now they have to nerf Teclis on his parrot because he is too strong... Nobody could've seen this coming
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 265
    Really liking these Dark Elf changes.:3
  • Blade0fDeathBlade0fDeath Registered Users Posts: 4
    Eltharion looks like his still trash was hoping they would have fixed him by now so I could enjoy the last dlc but that was in vain.
  • Outsider4NOutsider4N Registered Users Posts: 81
    Ninaran said:

nope. only non-ap part of of it was halved. ap damage remains the same.

Before it was 72/36 for the price 13WoM and 72/72 for 18 WoM

Now it is 36/36 13WoM for the price od 13WoM and 36/72 for 18WoM

Ninaran said:

nope. only non-ap part of of it was halved. ap damage remains the same.

Before it was 72/36 for the price 13WoM and 72/72 for 18 WoM

Now it is 36/36 13WoM for the price od 13WoM and 36/72 for 18WoM
    Ahh okay, I see. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 10,257
    Amonkhet said:

Ninaran said:

NO its mainly an AP spell, its AP side did not get touched only non AP
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,009
    Dawi may have gotten some slight nerfs everywhere, but Grombrindal is truly unbreakable now, about time.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• CA_DuckCA_Duck Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 1,617
    Ninaran said:

Pendulum's armour-piercing damage component is unchanged. So its damage profile is more clearly focused against armoured enemies.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,642
    edited December 2020
    I noticed Seafang got nerfed as well... I must have missed the bit in campaign where Wulfrick was running rampant!

Norsca, the preorder for game 2 which has been neglected since it was finally ported across got:

Yeah, brilliant - it looks like CA couldn't even be bothered when they got to them - just nerf the beserkers a bit, make the trolls and manticores like the other ones and "jobs a good'un"!
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 9,897
    To be honest, all that talk of Vampire Coast nerfs seems somewhat overblown. I guess their range infantry is nerfed somewhat but it's also buffed in other ways and then their melee is slightly buffed and their artillery remains untouched.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 29,217
    Crossil said:

To be honest, all that talk of Vampire Coast nerfs seems somewhat overblown. I guess their range infantry is nerfed somewhat but it's also buffed in other ways and then their melee is slightly buffed and their artillery remains untouched.

They lost the HP, ammo and DPS of 40 models on ultra. This is actually not a small nerf at all.

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,830
    edited December 2020
    Further leadership nerf to dwarven artillery makes no sense. These dudes had the highest leadership among artillery crews along with "stubborn". Most melee infantry weren't this brave let alone crews. They'd defend their precious warmachines as mama bears defend their cubs.

Right now 8LD elven bolt throwers = 75 LD
    9LD + Sturbborn Dwarf artillery = 64 LD

That's a grudgin.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,847

Crossil said:

They lost the HP, ammo and DPS of 40 models on ultra. This is actually not a small nerf at all.
    HP of individual units was increased from 46 to 50.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Crossil said:

HP of individual units was increased from 46 to 50.
    It's still a lot, especially the loss of ranged DPS.

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    I'm going to miss my hordes of zombie gunners. :'(

With that said, I dont see it affecting my experience with the vamp coast in campaign that much. I'll just get an extra necrofex in my doomstack as Noctilus!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 9,897
    edited December 2020

Crossil said:

Higher reload skill and higher base missile damage means they regain some of the DPS and recoup the ammo loss. Health wasn't really an important element of ranged units(even though they regain some), it would be more significant on melee units. On the other hand, Depth Guard might be viable now.

Overall, it doesn't seem like a significant nerf. Nerfing their artillery and the Necrofex would've been more effective.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Higher reload skill and higher base missile damage means they regain some of the DPS and recoup the ammo loss. Health wasn't really an important element of ranged units(even though they regain some), it would be more significant on melee units. On the other hand, Depth Guard might be viable now.

Overall, it doesn't seem like a significant nerf.
    The nerf is about 25% less firepower and I doubt the buffs they received make up for that, especially when they also got an accuracy nerf.