Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can someone Explain the Malus Darkblade nerfs to me

Malus was almost never picked in multiplayer and isn’t half as powerful as a lot of the campaign lords. So why did tz'arkan get a -60 percent damage nerf? Am I missing something?

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,857
    It's the amount of damage he takes whilst transformed. It's actually a huge buff.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• goremandgoremand Registered Users Posts: 144
    It refers to self-damage.
  • GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 417
    That's wierd for sure.
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 975
    CA_Duck said:

Malus was almost never picked in multiplayer and isn’t half as powerful as a lot of the campaign lords. So why did tz'arkan get a -60 percent damage nerf? Am I missing something?

It refers to the damage dealt to himself while in his Tz'arkan form. This is a buff that allows Malus to stay alive in the Tz'arkan form for longer.
    Thank you! Huge buff is great news!
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    edited December 2020
    CA_Duck said:

It refers to the damage dealt to himself while in his Tz'arkan form. This is a buff that allows Malus to stay alive in the Tz'arkan form for longer.
    That's really nice, though could we get an explanation somewhere on what changes to his campaign have been made?

The patch notes were very vague.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,857
    Otters007 said:

CA_Duck said:

That's really nice, though could we get an explanation somewhere on what changes to his campaign have been made?

The patch notes were very vague.
    According to an earlier thread, debuffs only apply at full possession
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• ZelnikZelnik Registered Users Posts: 493
    And this is why you don't do drugs. You could get a Slaaneshi demon inside you.