Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Orion right now

FynzmirsFynzmirs Registered Users Posts: 4
So, Orion's skill tree has been redesigned (for the better) to make him more competitive with all the cool stuff sisters get (I'm talking about their skills, not the Forge of Daith). However, his special lord effect, for some Kurnous forsaken reason, does not affect Great Stag Knights.

I can understand why he doesn't buff Glade Riders, but abilities-wise his Wild Riders and the new Great Stag Knights are completely identical. Both are funny elves riding forest animals in frenzy. Is there any particular reason why his ability shouldn't affect Great Stag Knights or is this an oversight?

Comments

• PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,202
    Fynzmirs said:

So, Orion's skill tree has been redesigned (for the better) to make him more competitive with all the cool stuff sisters get (I'm talking about their skills, not the Forge of Daith). However, his special lord effect, for some Kurnous forsaken reason, does not affect Great Stag Knights.

I can understand why he doesn't buff Glade Riders, but abilities-wise his Wild Riders and the new Great Stag Knights are completely identical. Both are funny elves riding forest animals in frenzy. Is there any particular reason why his ability shouldn't affect Great Stag Knights or is this an oversight?

They are literally wild riders raiding bigger stags... It definitely should affect them .
  • CharpCypressCharpCypress Registered Users Posts: 63
    Orion's skill tree and office are just bad in general compared to the other Lords.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,865
    I was sad to see that they didn't buff his stats, Orion should stand out as one of the more powerful lords in the game.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,410
    Is it simply because they belong to a different DLC? Is there some managerial mandate on that?
  • FynzmirsFynzmirs Registered Users Posts: 4
    What's even more puzzling is that his lord benefits have actually been changed (giving him some bonus when Ariel is embedded in his army) and expanding his other ability to Great Stag Knights would have been easier to do than giving him a completely new effect.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have the new bonus, I just find it weird that his lord effect has been only partly changed where it would require about two lines of code.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,984
    The offices aren't that bad, remember the affects double when the hunt is active. You get 10 turns on and 10 turns off for the hunts.
  • FynzmirsFynzmirs Registered Users Posts: 4
    Itharus said:

The offices aren't that bad, remember the affects double when the hunt is active. You get 10 turns on and 10 turns off for the hunts.

I would say the most impactful bonus he gets during the Wild Hunt is -5 Deeproot cooldown time. It's amazing how every 10-15 turns you can just jump to any forest, quickly raid and sack some nearby cities and return to Athel Loren - all in 5 turns (or even faster if you have healed Athel Loren a bit).

Other Wild Hunt bonuses are pretty mediocre by comparison. I think it would be fun if the offices granted some (even small) economic benefits at the time between the Hunts (further incentivizing focusing on infratructure between the Hunts and fighting your neighbours during the Hunt).

It would be very on-theme for Orion. Right now you are just kinda more willing to fight during the Wild Hunt, but you have no strong reason to avoid fighting at other times.