Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fix the hit box on Plague Furnaces and Screaming Bells

Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 623
Magic missiles won't register a hit unless it hits the actual Skaven caster model in the center of the Furnace or Bell. It should be able to do damage if it hits anywhere on the structure.

Comments

• another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 2,950
    Theres something odd that the bigger the target, the more chance that magic missile will miss.
    see shooting kholek, even just moving towards you, markus' amber bow with homing will miss half his shots.
  • CA_DuckCA_Duck Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 1,617
    The collision of a Screaming Bell and Plague Furnace is capsule-shaped, 8.4 meters long, 5 meters wide, 9.2 meters tall. This maps to the visual model quite closely and hits will register anywhere on the soft collision. With magic missiles, are you keeping in mind that these engines have a combined 50% damage resistance against magic missiles?
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Registered Users Posts: 623
    Thanks for the reply @CA_Duck . Damage resistance shouldn't be causing magic missiles to travel through bells and furnaces though. I'm seeing a lot of instances when it looks like it should hit but it just flies through the bell/furnace.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Registered Users Posts: 966
    A bigger hitbox would probably be very good for these things in general, as their animations make them absurdly difficult to kill in many situations. Even hard counter monsters often have trouble registering any hits.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,731

Thanks for the reply @CA_Duck . Damage resistance shouldn't be causing magic missiles to travel through bells and furnaces though. I'm seeing a lot of instances when it looks like it should hit but it just flies through the bell/furnace.

Get some video evidence, or a replay. I'm sure that would be helpful.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 10,544
    Bell could also use +200g while at it, other than brood horror is a very underpriced mount.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 11,043
    Off topic but is the warlord on brood horror good now?
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • LamentationsLamentations Registered Users Posts: 190
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 870
    saweendra said:

Not really. The armour is attractive, I guess, but Thrott offers way more utility and synergy with other units. He even does more damage. If you really wanted a Brood Horror, really didn't want any other Moulder monsters and really didn't mind forgoing the best of an excellent Lord roster - then the Warlord is good.
    saweendra said:

Bit OP but way overshadowed by throt currently who is nuts
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,691
    blindjonn said:

Not really. The armour is attractive, I guess, but Thrott offers way more utility and synergy with other units. He even does more damage. If you really wanted a Brood Horror, really didn't want any other Moulder monsters and really didn't mind forgoing the best of an excellent Lord roster - then the Warlord is good.

Very mediocre and subpar unit. Ive yet seen any1 even break even with it. Pathetically low ld, just a really basic unit.

Its like like sisters of autowin which broke the game swimming with 4-5k value like every game paying just $1650. Given her double ammo bug atm everyones just getting free $1000++

Wish they improve skaven a bit, this patch absolutely done nothing to them, whose stupid enough to dump $2000-3000 on a couple of sem rats that can never recover costs
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 732
    yst said:

blindjonn said:

Very mediocre and subpar unit. Ive yet seen any1 even break even with it. Pathetically low ld, just a really basic unit.

Its like like sisters of autowin which broke the game swimming with 4-5k value like every game paying just $1650. Given her double ammo bug atm everyones just getting free $1000++

Wish they improve skaven a bit, this patch absolutely done nothing to them, whose stupid enough to dump $2000-3000 on a couple of sem rats that can never recover costs
    what double ammo bug?? Its literally two sister shooting from two different bows. Its literally intended to work that way :lol:
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,192

yst said:

blindjonn said:

what double ammo bug?? Its literally two sister shooting from two different bows. Its literally intended to work that way :lol:
    Eh, no. Check it out. They fire 4 times before the counter goes down. Imho, it seems it checks their 15 double shots per each of the "firing" positions.

So in practice, they have 30 double shots.

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,691

Trust me, I actually wanted that to be true too lol. The joy of getting 5.5k value in a single game is just pure fun.

Then again gotta be realistic, something this stupid game breaking isnt gonna last. Last time i had this much fun was 4 yrs ago army wiping with devolve.

Just enjoy the autowins. There r still ppl that dare to play against welf, its hilarious.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    edited December 2020
    yst said:

Trust me, I actually wanted that to be true too lol. The joy of getting 5.5k value in a single game is just pure fun.

Then again gotta be realistic, something this stupid game breaking isnt gonna last. Last time i had this much fun was 4 yrs ago army wiping with devolve.

Just enjoy the autowins. There r still ppl that dare to play against welf, its hilarious.
    Havent lost to sisters of twilight yet in QB...
    Post edited by Lotus_Moon on