Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Middle Earth is possible in total war.

13»

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,506
    edited December 2020
    People comparing WH to LotR are absurb. If they don't like LotR, why shouldn't CA make it? They are not the only customers of CA.

CA can make the game for LotR fans. Fans of LotR wouldn't care if their game don't have creatures from WH. For me, I like LotR for its setting and story line. I don't compare it to other fantasy game.

I don't bash it because it doesn't have complicated creatures like other games. Some people are saying nobody and only few people will purchase LotR because they love WH.

They said Sega can't afford LotR yet other companies do. Isn't it funny? They are telling Sega/CA will not take the risk yet many games are being made about LotR.

People are saying it's expensive yet they can't provide the exact amount. If it's expensive, why do other developers still make games about LOTR?
  • virginia1861virginia1861 Registered Users Posts: 205
    Commisar said:

Of course he can't point to past titles that have been more diverse other than WH, that is the only Fantasy line they've made. Historical isn't entirely the same customer base. It's the fantasy lot you need to appeal to which means WH. Of course there is also the Age Of Sigmar (AoS) which is the WH Fantasy line that replaced the current games universe that CA could cover.

so what would you suggest is more diverse than middle-earth? what has a bigger fan base? what data says fantasy players won't play middle earth due to lack of diversity? why reject the most popular fantasy of all time that fits tw games so well? if diversity is all that matters why not ca just make a **** poor game, invent one with lots of units and make the best selling game of all time?
    edited December 2020

My posts are built on the fact that the mod you used as an example has very basic troop types for the human factions - that’s a fact. The way to disprove my argument is to show me this diverse list you can see in your head.

If someone said to me WH doesn’t have a diverse roster, I’d give them an example of a diverse roster.. I wouldn’t babble about how that person asking doesn’t know anything or tell them how diverse it is without proving it.

As I said your argument is that you like the evil factions more and that Gondor is less than you would like. But your not able to say what ca could do next that would bring more diversity nor point to factions more diverse in past tw games outside of some in Warhammer. So a plain man centered faction like gondor has more diversity than entire previous tw games yet it is not enough. you have no ideas where ca could go to find more diversity, your just sure it is not middle earth. I think we understand your argument very well. You have been given the roster many times and everytime you close your eyes and cover your ears to avoid that roster. So As I have said before no one is recommending your knostic view of tolkien that exists in your mind by J.R.r Tolkiens world.
    Nope, it's not a case of 'liking' it's a case of knowing there are a multitude of monstrous units of all shapes and sizes while this simply isn't true for the good guys.

I checked the roster already. I've asked you multiple times to list these diverse and interesting good units and so far I've had Eagles and Ents.. more input needed. Tell you what, give me your top 10 crazy good units:

So if ca makes a game with no fan base but it has monsters, then it will sell well according to you? there are plenty of games out there that have hundreds of monsters that sell **** poor, so by your logic ca should also not do monsters because other games don't sell well that have them.

I find all of Warhammer boring even if it has more monsters so therefore ca should not make monsters or Warhammer, this is your argument in reverse. It is all you are really saying.

I have shown you many units for the free peoples you don't care to accept them or think they are not enough for your liking. So you must show why what you view as not enough monsters for the "good" peoples will result in a lack of sales. You must show that all of Warhammer factions have more diversity the human and elf factions must have more monsters. Please link me to unit rosters so I can evaluate them.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,253

My posts are built on the fact that the mod you used as an example has very basic troop types for the human factions - that’s a fact. The way to disprove my argument is to show me this diverse list you can see in your head.

If someone said to me WH doesn’t have a diverse roster, I’d give them an example of a diverse roster.. I wouldn’t babble about how that person asking doesn’t know anything or tell them how diverse it is without proving it.

As I said your argument is that you like the evil factions more and that Gondor is less than you would like. But your not able to say what ca could do next that would bring more diversity nor point to factions more diverse in past tw games outside of some in Warhammer. So a plain man centered faction like gondor has more diversity than entire previous tw games yet it is not enough. you have no ideas where ca could go to find more diversity, your just sure it is not middle earth. I think we understand your argument very well. You have been given the roster many times and everytime you close your eyes and cover your ears to avoid that roster. So As I have said before no one is recommending your knostic view of tolkien that exists in your mind by J.R.r Tolkiens world.
    Nope, it's not a case of 'liking' it's a case of knowing there are a multitude of monstrous units of all shapes and sizes while this simply isn't true for the good guys.

I checked the roster already. I've asked you multiple times to list these diverse and interesting good units and so far I've had Eagles and Ents.. more input needed. Tell you what, give me your top 10 crazy good units:

So if ca makes a game with no fan base but it has monsters, then it will sell well according to you? there are plenty of games out there that have hundreds of monsters that sell **** poor, so by your logic ca should also not do monsters because other games don't sell well that have them.

I find all of Warhammer boring even if it has more monsters so therefore ca should not make monsters or Warhammer, this is your argument in reverse. It is all you are really saying.

I have shown you many units for the free peoples you don't care to accept them or think they are not enough for your liking. So you must show why what you view as not enough monsters for the "good" peoples will result in a lack of sales. You must show that all of Warhammer factions have more diversity the human and elf factions must have more monsters. Please link me to unit rosters so I can evaluate them.

10 units please.. stop avoiding.. any 10 impressive units from the good side of the LoTRs world that could match up to the creatures, units etc in WH.

No, I'm not willing to trawl through a painfully boring thread, stop making excuses and list them here. If you can't be bothered even doing that call it a day.

10 units please.. stop avoiding.. any 10 impressive units from the good side of the LoTRs world that could match up to the creatures, units etc in WH.

No, I'm not willing to trawl through a painfully boring thread, stop making excuses and list them here. If you can't be bothered even doing that call it a day.

what would you suggest is more diverse than middle-earth? what has a bigger fan base? what data says fantasy players won't play middle earth due to lack of diversity? why reject the most popular fantasy of all time that fits tw games so well? if diversity is all that matters why not ca just make a **** poor game, invent one with lots of units and make the best selling game of all time?

what would you suggest is more diverse than middle-earth? what has a bigger fan base? what data says fantasy players won't play middle earth due to lack of diversity? why reject the most popular fantasy of all time that fits tw games so well? if diversity is all that matters why not ca just make a **** poor game, invent one with lots of units and make the best selling game of all time?
    List them here without using a link I have to go through.. I already checked and got an extremely limited list.

Show me 10 units you think will make an impact.. if you can't do that.. why are you even arguing?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,061
    This thread is close to being closed, which is almost unheard of in the Off Topic areas. Several folks have circled each other several times stating and restating the same positions.

I suggest that at least one person accept the fact other folks may disagree with their position/statements and go on form there.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,506
    edited December 2020
    @virginia1861 just let davedave1124 believe what he believes. It's pointless to talk to him. For him, WH is God of fantasy TW and CA shall not make LotR because he doesn't like it. He keeps on attacking and bashing LotR but he can't give titles and unit roster he wants and expects.

Let's just focus on positive. Wonder if he would complain when CA announce LotR.
    dge1 said:

This thread is close to being closed, which is almost unheard of in the Off Topic areas. Several folks have circled each other several times stating and restating the same positions.

I suggest that at least one person accept the fact other folks may disagree with their position/statements and go on form there.

Does 'circling' go against the rules of the forum?
    jamreal18 said:

@virginia1861 just let davedave1124 believe what he believes. It's pointless to talk to him. For him, WH is God of fantasy TW and CA shall not make LotR because he doesn't like it. He keeps on attacking and bashing LotR but he can't give titles and unit roster he wants and expects.

Let's just focus on positive. Wonder if he would complain when CA announce LotR.

You’ve totally missed the point of what I was saying.. I’m shocked, because usually you’re really sharp.