Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Boris in the Next DLC?

HermodrHermodr Registered Users Posts: 99
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
It's practically unanimous that the BM will be the main part of the next DLC. But what about Boris? It seems so strange that an update for theBM without Boris will finally come out !! But at the same time, considering that a lot of people expect a DE to be the other side of the DLC, I don't think it would be nice to have Boris just as a possible FLC since there are so many interesting mechanics that could be added for him if had his own DLC. What do you people think?
Post edited by Hermodr on

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,364
    I hope so. It’d be more fitting though if One-eye wasn’t in the game already.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain
  • HermodrHermodr Registered Users Posts: 99
    ROMOBOY said:

I hope so. It’d be more fitting though if One-eye wasn’t in the game already.

But to make it worth wouldn't make the DLC budget to thin? I mean, for example, to make a DLC with Taurox, plus Rakarth, plus Boris and implement good game mechanics and units for all of them and still make enough space to add Khazrak with his personal mechanics towards Boris... That is almost two DLC!!
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 1,247
    It's very unlikely, we already have Drycha for the WE FLC as a precedent so it's probably going to be a BM. Besides it would make people who want to play a completed Empire faction have to buy a completely unrelated race pack just to get 1 LL.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Boris side of the DLC has too many units which would cut units on the beastmen side.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460
    edited December 2020

Boris side of the DLC has too many units which would cut units on the beastmen side.

Do Middenland units require special animations?

------

Guys, do you want Boris or Middenland?

Boris alone as FLC is underwhelming.
    Middenland with new units will be awesome.

• summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 337
    I wouldn't mind making Boris playable and giving him some mechanics or units and such. But it shouldn't be at the expense of the Beastmen rework.
  • jdidjdjjdidjdj Registered Users Posts: 96
    the next dlc is finubar vs aislinn
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,704
    As much as I want Boris - I feel they are holding back all the middenland units for a reason. I could easily see us getting a middenland based lord pack at some point with Ar-Ulric as the LL. Then Boris as a FLC at the same time who uses much the same mechanics.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,642
    edited December 2020
    No Boris should be flc, the empire is the only base game race without a dlc lord.

Since Boris is already in the game making us pay for him would be bad PR.

Also they should add him as a flc lord alongside a middenland dlc.
    Post edited by General_Hijalti on
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,218
    It's not impossible. CA has hinted that Boris is coming soon.

I can also see him getting the Drycha treatment: only ME campaign, special reskinned units, etc. However, that also means that there will be no Beastmen FLC :/
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 60
    With him being already unlocked as a MP Lord with An Eye for an Eye I would say he shall be the Drycha Equivalent for those that already own the original BM DLC.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,171
    I think he’s be a good choice. A lot of new units and mechanics come with him. This could include religion which would be a good excuse to update volkmar the grim.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,661
    edited December 2020
    Not next but I half exspect CA to make a few LPs for empire in the future, maybe one faction called Followers off Ulric and the othe Sons of Sigmar, I hope the Drakwald forest becomes something special aswell

• manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    jdidjdj said:

the next dlc is finubar vs aislinn

And FLC Eldyra.

But seriously, I think that DE are granted in the DLC with some reskinned units while all the effort goes to the beasties. And the FLC will probably be another angry cow.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 142
    edited December 2020
    I am not a Lore expert but I've read that Boris regions have a giant cannon controlled by an Empire-sided Ogre in the lore.

This could mean they will add Boris and his stuff along with Ogres in Wh3.

Correct me if I am wrong of course
    Mazisky said:

I am not a Lore expert but I've read that Boris regions have a giant cannon controlled by an Empire-sided Ogre in the lore.

This could mean they will add Boris and his stuff along with Ogres in Wh3.

Correct me if I am wrong of course

That's 1 canon in the city. And iirc it's giants that load it not ogres.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Maybe similar to drycha, with some unique units
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

Maybe similar to drycha, with some unique units

No as the middenland units need to not just be recolours
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,823
    Boris will never come as part of Middenland paid LP, Al Ulric can. Boris is in game, so CA cannot ask people to pay for him, they already did, in BM DLC, in game 1. Same goes for Red Duke and WE DLC

Boris can come as flc Lord for Middenland LP, which will suck hard. Why, because he is just Empire general, that we have already in game. Where stupid person like Kurt helborg is new Lord type for Empire.

Boris should have come in game 1 as flc for Empire.
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 461
    Ares354 said:

Boris will never come as part of Middenland paid LP, Al Ulric can. Boris is in game, so CA cannot ask people to pay for him, they already did, in BM DLC, in game 1. Same goes for Red Duke and WE DLC

Boris can come as flc Lord for Middenland LP, which will suck hard. Why, because he is just Empire general, that we have already in game. Where stupid person like Kurt helborg is new Lord type for Empire.

Oh, hey Ares, long time, no troll 😂
    But yeah, Boris will be (most likely) unlocked with a Middenland DLC in game 3
    Kiwi123 said:

Ares354 said:

Oh, hey Ares, long time, no troll 😂
    But yeah, Boris will be (most likely) unlocked with a Middenland DLC in game 3
    You are troll. Now, Boris is just waste of time. He bring nothing over Franz as character. He is just hes weaker version. With worse weapon and worse griffon.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 1,646
    Strong disagree. Cult of Ulric has quite a few interesting additions alongside other Empire stuff.

That's taking BM's desperately needed budget and resources.

BM needs to be paired up with a relatively finished low yield faction
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,794

Strong disagree. Cult of Ulric has quite a few interesting additions alongside other Empire stuff.

I am actually curious what units does cult of ulric have that will eat budget?
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Cult of Ulric is not Boris, leader of Cult of Ulric is Ar Ulric , Emil Valgeir. He is head of Cult of Ulric, just like Volkmar is head of cult of Sigmar.

Boris is elector of Middenheim.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,009
    Boris is better as a FLC, I don't feel that he's particularly interesting enough to lead a DLC and Ar Ulric would be more fitting to lead a Cult of Ulric lord pack.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"