Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Prince and the Knight

saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,892
Story of this rivalry for dlc purpose written by yours truly :p

The Lady of the Lake has managed to create her own realm known as the court beneath but unfortunately its far too weak and too small to achieve her goals, so in a display of ingenuity not seen in the world that was she has decided to create her own network of way stones that will slowly drain winds of magic stealthy and remove the elements of madness in them.

while this little endeavor has seem to go unnoticed by the big wigs in the ruinous powers , it has not gone unnoticed by the prince of madness Moonclaw him self , he feel the madness in air being purified and this sicken him to the core. And such he will come and spread his gift from his mother and taint what ever this is and hopefully start bring about age of MADNESS.

NO MORE WAR, NO MORE PLEASURE, NO MORE LOVE, NO MORE PEACE , NO MORE PLANS, NO MORE LOGIC IT SELF LET IT ALL BE DAMNED LET THEIR BE MADNESS!!!

why these two races they are common enemies of each other and both races desperately want dlc to stay afloat.

Beast men side of Lp

LL: Moon claw

LH: Ghorros

drawn to insanity and power of moon claw Ghorros has become ally of Moonclaw and the prince welcome him since leading armies such task require at least a shred of sanity but the prince has never had such a thing.

generic Lord

Great bray shaman

Units

Ghorgon

Jabber

peytron

their Lore

now for the fourth spot,

i want mutants

at the very least using foresaken and morgur skeletons without armour of course, they should have hunger

Why though because BM biggest issue is they run out of steam in battles , so giving them a defensive unit is good, but i do not like god marks because lets face the big gods do not care so let the madness in.

Their Lore

and they do join beatmen

Game play mechanics LP only not part of Rework. and assuming rework fix hordes.

Moon shards:

Mooncalw will summon corrupted moon shards in the paths of the new way stone system and in possible paths depending on in how he implants them it would give differentiating set of options or major catastrophe to all neighbouring regions, or benefits that may strengthen Enemies. if you make mistake it will take time fix them or break them further.

once he summon enough of these shards, it will give a permanent public order penalty to all races and increase likely hood of spawning rouge army and BM armies.

TLDR of BM units

1. Ghorgon
2. jabber
3. peytron
4. Mutants

Free FLC side of Beastmen

LL : Taroux

i am gonna get yelled at but this guy literally is Minotaur with dual axes which is slightly bbigger and have brass color

Generic lord : Doom bull

just a bigger Minotaur

Tuskagor chariot

better razargor chariot

Bret Side of LP

LL Landuin of currone

his full story

Generic Lord : Son of Bretonnia Lord : Hybrid melee casters with lore of Light and Metal

Genric Hero Naiad I would give them Lore of Light, High and Shadow since shadow Naiads are thing.

How to make naiads, well we do know CA likes to go cheap i would say remodel a Elvish ladys model and then use Fay animation set which is fitting for these ladies.

Naiads of court beneath

Shadow naiads

Mount Kelpie

This optional if they have the resource they should go for it if not then a blue horse for mounts like SFO mod for Naiad and Son of bretonnia or they can make these bad boys.

Units :

Son of bretonnia will hope fully come with two bound spells ideally Time warp and plague of rust.

These guys if CA wanna be cheap can use tridents or long spears but if CA wanna do them right they can be flail cav. How i would envision these cav is they have really high Physical resist and are a melee cav with AP with extremly low model count with decent charge bonous.

Naiads

how they will play :

Now these Ladies could be dismounted units but i find it barbaric for the courtier of the Lady to be fighting on foot . so i purpose we give them either kelpie mounts or if CA wanna go cheap unicorn or blue horse

they will instead of being melee unit hopefully get a ranged attack similar stalkers but with Low AP. since they use WOM as magic missile attacks they shouldn't get bound spells. apart from that they too will have low model count , ap in melee, high CB but low melee stats in General .

But most importantly will have bound passive similar to call of the wild in branch wraiths

these units are hinted in the Rule book for warhammer fantasy and the same hints were used to create Hypogrph knights and similar wane the new Stag knights for Wood Elves

Giant snails with castle like howdah

Giant snail rules from 3rd edition and how they will play

these guys will have very high HP, Low WS , low MA and MD , very low CB, Slow speed , but will come with a passive ability tied to their slime which gives fire resist to peasants which is change to their original rules. and will have a LD buff aura.

and as active ability it gives ammo to archer units only.

Now the Next unit could one of two possible units but Hopefully CA will pick one and this assuming Grail knights and Grail Guardians are reworked into 24 model units.

1. Lake lions

They are unit from court beneath story line and are guardians of court beneath Louen defeated one to get his second name from the lady because their description is not clear i feel like they could use Lot of Ancient salamanders assets to make them. or Merwyrm assets because there 90% chance their assets are in game.

their description

2. Questing beast knights

from concept art work rather than making them a multi model entity CA could make them in to Single entity like the New glade captain with Great stag mount, and is the easiest unit to make since they basically look like demigryph with horns

their art work.

for the last cheap units in this lord pack

Hermulets , basically all the assets for these guys are in game

Hermulets with great staff based on Hugo Le petit miniature

Hugos miniature

why would Landuin have use for them , it would be the most discreet way to get the man power he needs for the task.

TLDR of bret units

1. son of bretnnia
2. naiads
3. giant snails
4. Lake lion or questing beast knight
5. Hermulets
6. Hermulets with great staff

Game play mechanic

secret power routes: Landuin must fix the lines that ae corrupted, and the hide them from prying eyes as well as eliminate the dark powers that yearn to find them. to fix these lines one must use various artifacts and break them for power and use the pieces to create the power nodes by fixing them you fix the realm of lady which in turn heal bretonnian land allowing moe knights to find their way to your cause and get greater blessings of lady at least temporarily.

Bret Free LC units

Hermit Knight Hero : Just a tanky hero probably can get giant snail mount with chapel like howdah.

Foot squires Long bow and sword

their Lore

hermit knight

Foot squires with sword and long bow

yeah yeah this might never happen but its as long as not zero i will have faith.

FOR BRETONNIA !!! FOR THE LADY!!! FOR DLC!!!
#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 23,627
    Any LP involving BM needs BM getting the lions share of resources.

Giant Snails are ridiculous cut them, questing beasts maybe if they're done cheaply, Naiad no, outlaws? They wouldn't fight with Knights. Sons of Bretonnia? Yes. So just do Sons and Questing Beasts if the latter are done on the cheap. Maybe one other cheap unit.

As for the BM Jabber, Ghorgon, all the low hanging fruit, and maybe Khornegors would be nice.
    If you have an issue with forum moderation the forum Administrator responsible is CA_Grace
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 484
    Yeah........ good luck with that
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,247
    This dlc had every side with 6 new things including LL, LH, units, you are including way too much stuff
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 4,496
    UNGROL
    Knights of Bretonnia

• BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 631
    Giant snail??? :lol:
    Females, riding blue lighted horses. fighting alongside knights in bretonnia?? LMAO no
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 18,125
    Way to much for 1 LP
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,032
    It is probably too much for a LP but I like most if your ideas.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 10,340
    I like it.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 490
    Giant Snails! Finally, a decent unit for Bretonnia
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,605
    Give me!

I don't see a problem with Giant Snails. We have crabs in the game.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 1,710
    I rather not waste the bretonnen for this, because they gonna get eaten by the Hunger of the herd (aka budget will safety go to the BM)

Yes i admit is a very good pairing but also we have the DE not really have anything to add.

I rather have LP for bretonnen who they really are the stars.
  • AraethonAraethon Registered Users Posts: 699
    I still don't fathom how people think it's possible for both the Jabber and ghorgon to be included without hindering the actual rework for the BM
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,115
    Araethon said:

I still don't fathom how people think it's possible for both the Jabber and ghorgon to be included without hindering the actual rework for the BM

By simply taking from the other side of the LP. As it should have been done with the Skavens.

Plus, beastmen although beastmen need their rework badly, in terms of making them enjoyable, the changes needed are not that big.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,892
    edited November 2020
    Araethon said:

Please Read, i said this not including rework, i am assuming rework will happen but i have zero clue on how to rework bm so i am not speculating it

Any LP involving BM needs BM getting the lions share of resources.

Giant Snails are ridiculous cut them, questing beasts maybe if they're done cheaply, Naiad no, outlaws? They wouldn't fight with Knights. Sons of Bretonnia? Yes. So just do Sons and Questing Beasts if the latter are done on the cheap. Maybe one other cheap unit.

As for the BM Jabber, Ghorgon, all the low hanging fruit, and maybe Khornegors would be nice.

Naiads are actually courtiers of the lady and is again sort of mentioned in the 8th eddition rule book. And i think their cool.

Snails well i want a mobile castle. Some thing that will tank a lot of damage.

Its the other way around for out laws knights won't work for them. But fortunately for them, Landuin is not ordinary knight he is champion of ze lady personal knight so, he can offer these peasents glorious demise in the name of ze lady. They should be super happy.
    Surge_2 said:

UNGROL

He can come with second lp for bm. Because for me ungrol and slug tone are uniqueness is high enough to LL
  • AraethonAraethon Registered Users Posts: 699
    edited November 2020
    Pocman said:

Araethon said:

By simply taking from the other side of the LP. As it should have been done with the Skavens.

Plus, beastmen although beastmen need their rework badly, in terms of making them enjoyable, the changes needed are not that big.
    Not that big...
    - Reworking hordes entirely
    - Improving the Brayherd mechanic or removing it (in which case you need to add a better mechanic)
    - Possible introduction of herdstones
    - Fixing up the roster

Now im no expert on reworks but that seems like a lot more than what the wood elves required. Now yes you could take from the other side to finance it (and let's be honest, that's exactly what will happen), but that isn't going to be enough, especially if you plan on adding two very complicated SEMs in a single 10 euro/dollar LP, nevermind any other forms of units such as infantry or new heros/lords.
    \
    Araethon said:

Pocman said:

Araethon said:

Not that big...
    - Reworking hordes entirely
    - Improving the Brayherd mechanic or removing it (in which case you need to add a better mechanic)
    - Possible introduction of herdstones
    - Fixing up the roster

Now im no expert on reworks but that seems like a lot more than what the wood elves required. Now yes you could take from the other side to finance it (and let's be honest, that's exactly what will happen), but that isn't going to be enough, especially if you plan on adding two very complicated SEMs in a single 10 euro/dollar LP, nevermind any other forms of units such as infantry or new heros/lords.
    yes i see why they can not do a good job of doing this correct and bringing to life this dlc as well,
  • y4g3ry4g3r Registered Users Posts: 410
    I would really like to see a True Gor as a unlockable legendary lord. The pinnacle of Beastman evolution. A perfect human with huge horns, high intelligence and just evil.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,037
    No Beastmen characters deserve to be a LH, they should all be LLs.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"
    neodeinos said:

well than lets pray to the Lady that they receive two dlc
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,037
    saweendra said:

neodeinos said:

Even if they don't get two DLCs there is still room for FLCs.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"
    neodeinos said:

saweendra said:

neodeinos said:

Even if they don't get two DLCs there is still room for FLCs.
    agreed