Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Age of Empires 4

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10,520
edited January 7 in Total War General Chat
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/age-of-empires-4-is-being-played-right-now/

If Age of Empires will include Mongols as playable faction, do you think Medieval 3 as well? I prefer if CA will consider giving Mongols their own game. Mongols deserve their own game.

Do you think playable factions in AoE 4 will be the same with staring playable factions of Medieval 3?

Hope CA sees and play that game when they are developing Medieval 3. Based on trailer, the city of England was so nice.

Comments

• greendolphingreendolphin Registered Users Posts: 52
    Have you ever seen the map of Mongol Empire?

To be able to add Mongols as a playable faction into the campaign map, it has to cover the whole landmass of Mongol Empire. Medieval 3's campaign map will include Europe, Middle East and North Africa(and possibly Americas in the late game). I don't think anyone has any doubt or a complaint about that. So they can not put it as a playable faction just by covering their western most borders.

Only if they would choose the time frame during the successor Mongol states -which is a late date to start the medieval era- they might be able to add Ilkhanate or maybe Golden Horde as playable. But not the united Mongol Empire.

As for the idea of a Mongol : Total War, they will have to make a campaign map covering all of Asia (maybe avoiding Southern India), Middle East and Eastern Europe. I'm not sure how they can manage that.

They don't have to make a huge map for a grand campaign though. They can split the campaigns in chronological order and each focusing on one area. Napoleon had been made that way and it was quite succesful.

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,664
    Nope I don't expect AoE4 will have the same starting factions.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,520
    edited January 8
    @greendolphin Strongly Agree!
    Mongols deserve their own game.

I'm waiting go Age of Empires 4 because I want to see how will each faction going to differ from each other in terms of units, battlemaps ang gameplay.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • Barbarian BorelordBarbarian Borelord Registered Users Posts: 51
    Mongols would be a horde faction, no doubt. Or at least they should be, similar to Huns.

It could be one of those expansion games like Napoleon and Attila: Genghis Khan Total War.

I'm also looking forward to Age of Empires 4 by the way.
  • greendolphingreendolphin Registered Users Posts: 52

Mongols would be a horde faction, no doubt. Or at least they should be, similar to Huns.

It could be one of those expansion games like Napoleon and Attila: Genghis Khan Total War.

I'm also looking forward to Age of Empires 4 by the way.

The real interesting part of Mongol Empire is after Genghis though. Of course this is a subjective opinion but whilst uniting Mongolia and conquering Central Asia you basically fight against armies very similar to yours.

Yes there are the invasions of Northern China and Khwarezmian Empire but i don't think it can be compared to Batu Khan's western expansion, Hulaghu's campaign in the middle east, Kublai's conquest of China and failed invasions of Japan and Vietnam.

Think about the battles you will be playing. Which era would you prefer?

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,520
    edited January 20
    Chapter Pack will work on Mongols.

Every chapter pack will be composed of different characters.