Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Long range units and walls

PlasmaBeaconPlasmaBeacon Registered Users Posts: 1
I am running through a skaven campaign and gladly got to my warplock jezzails, but I started to notice something finicky. For some reason, while I order a long range unit like them to attack a unit atop a wall, they will walk into max range, take a few shots, and then move to as close of the wall as possible.
Does this happen to you too? Can I make them stand still and fire? They can't fire from there cuz the wall blocks their sight, and they do the same thing again if I move them away.
I suppose only "arching" fire units like archers should target units atop a wall, but this behavior is strangely consistent.

Comments

• AnothaGit#1778AnothaGit#1778 Registered Users Posts: 309
    Yes all the time. You can bring artillery and make holes in walls then let them shoot in there or if you can field multiple armies you can make one for sieges and one to lead the field battles.

It´s like with dwarf quarellers vs their gun units. If i am going into a lot of sieges I will keep an army for that. The other army can help especially on easy ARs.
  • RomeoReject#1666RomeoReject#1666 Registered Users Posts: 2,093

I am running through a skaven campaign and gladly got to my warplock jezzails, but I started to notice something finicky. For some reason, while I order a long range unit like them to attack a unit atop a wall, they will walk into max range, take a few shots, and then move to as close of the wall as possible.
    Does this happen to you too? Can I make them stand still and fire? They can't fire from there cuz the wall blocks their sight, and they do the same thing again if I move them away.
    I suppose only "arching" fire units like archers should target units atop a wall, but this behavior is strangely consistent.

Yes, it's one of the reasons I despise using the Wood Elves in Sieges. No idea why it happens, but it can often be a death sentence to that squad, given that most long-range infantry have the durability of wet-tissue paper.