Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cody Bonds prediction...

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10,445
edited January 15 in General Discussion

Check it out!
If there would only be 2 DLC in 2021, therefore those are only Guandu and Nomads.

We really need DLC Roadmap.

Side Comment
*With Korea, prefer CA to make them in time period with interesting characters.

These are their interesting notable Characters:

Goguryeo (Gwanggaetto, Yeon Gaesomun)
Silla (Jinheung, Queen Seondeok, Muyeol, Kim Yusin)
Baekje (GyeBaek, Geunchogo, Asin, Uija)
Post edited by jamreal18 on

Comments

• united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 871
    Warring States (Middle Kingdom) for 2022.

Make (Historical) Total War Great Again.

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,506
    The next dlc is Guandu + nomads, what?
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

• Maxim1lianMaxim1lian Registered Users Posts: 64

The next dlc is Guandu + nomads, what?

If they come out at the same time, then it's even better.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,409
    Yea 2 more dlc's is what they've confirmed is coming (Chapter pack and northern expansion). So that roadmap makes sense.

About korea, while i'd like it to get more diversity i don't think 3k's lifespan get that far.
    I'd also like shogun 3 to tackle a fight in korea with the japanese invasion and Admiral Yi Sunsin heroics.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,620
    edited January 15
    There better not be only two DLCs for 3K in all of 2021. I would be quite peeved if that was the case. Especially if they were as he has shown, with one coming soon and one all the way at the end of the year.
    Krunch said:

There better not be only two DLCs for 3K in all of 2021. I would be quite peeved if that was the case. Especially if they were as he has shown, with one coming soon and one all the way at the end of the year.

My personal hope is 3-4 dlc's this year. My expectations isnt that high tho :(
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 748
    I think it may be very possible that 3K gets only 2 DLCs. The game doesn't have a huge player base and it's now almost two years old. It's fairly common for a game of this age not to be supported to such an extent years after its release. Warhammer 2 is getting as supported as it is because of how incredibly popular it is.

The Warhammer 3 hype train will probably come into full effect either late this year or next year.

I'm mostly happy with 3K DLC. I just hope Yuan Shao gets unique general and that the bugs get fixed.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,977
    edited January 15
    No offence to Cody, but he doesn't seem to have done much research on DLC for 3K.

He seems to think a Chapter Pack is equivalent to a Warhammer Lord Pack and would introduce the Northern Nomads. Anyone who has followed the game would know that isn't the case, as CA have basically said as much.

And I think his prediction that the Korean Kingdoms would arrive this December is extremely optimistic. I wouldn't expect to see them until next year at the earliest.

I'd take everything in this video with a very large grain of salt, to be honest.
    edited January 15

No offence to Cody, but he doesn't seem to have done much research on DLC for 3K.

He seems to think a Chapter Pack is equivalent to a Warhammer Lord Pack and would introduce the Northern Nomads. Anyone who has followed the game would know that isn't the case, as CA have basically said as much.

And I think his prediction that the Korean Kingdoms would arrive this December is extremely optimistic. I wouldn't expect to see them until next year at the earliest.

I'd take everything in this video with a very large grain of salt, to be honest.

Personally, I think we're most likely to get (in order of release)
    Guandu
    Northern Nomads
    Chibi
    Ma Chao rebellion/Liu Bei into Shu/Invasion of Hanzong (post-Chibi basically)
    Invasion of Jing Province
    Korea
    Proper 3 kingdoms start date (including events like the nanman rebellion as well)
    Possibly Chu-Han as a final dlc, to mirror 8 princes (sort of like Shogun 2 having a sequel and a prequel dlc)
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

• ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 682

I think it may be very possible that 3K gets only 2 DLCs. The game doesn't have a huge player base and it's now almost two years old. It's fairly common for a game of this age not to be supported to such an extent years after its release. Warhammer 2 is getting as supported as it is because of how incredibly popular it is.

The Warhammer 3 hype train will probably come into full effect either late this year or next year.

I'm mostly happy with 3K DLC. I just hope Yuan Shao gets unique general and that the bugs get fixed.

If TK only gets 2 more DLCs that would be a big slap in the face to alot of the customer base. It's baffling to me how silent they have been about TK and how little attention it has gotten, the player base has dwindled because of that, the game has alot of bugs that need fixing .

The fact 8 Princes was a DLC really makes me think realistically we still have alot of DLC on the way, because that gap needs to be filled in
    Guan Du
    Chi Bi
    Probably 2 actual 3 Kingdom starts
    Rise of Sima Clan

Probably could even fit another 2 in there. If we only got 2 more DLCs I wouldn't buy another TW lol

Warhammer just doesn't hold my attention, and if that's the direction we are heading (Troy, endless WH DLC) guess we had a good run CA
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,220

Guandu
    Northern Nomads
    Chibi
    Korea
    Proper 3 kingdoms start date (including events like the nanman rebellion as well)
    Possibly Chu-Han as a final dlc, to mirror 8 princes (sort of like Shogun 2 having a sequel and a prequel dlc)
    Don't forget the Roman expedition DLC.

Guandu
    Northern Nomads
    Chibi
    Korea
    Don't forget the Roman expedition DLC.
    I hope not
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,445
    No need Chu-Han. Only 2 factions are interesting to play as.

Warring States Period is a must.

Tang Dynasty wasthe Golden Age of China so I expect it as Stand Alone Expansion.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 627
    Is there a track record for accuracy for this youtuber or is this just some out there speculation?
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,894
    Not sure of cody is right but i hope ca will support this game for a very long time expanding on the diplomacy part and campaign mechanics just as what they did with rome2. I absolutely love this game and there is still so much potential.
    jamreal18 said:

No need Chu-Han. Only 2 factions are interesting to play as.

Warring States Period is a must.

Tang Dynasty wasthe Golden Age of China so I expect it as Stand Alone Expansion.

That’s also a good one, but personally I prefer Chu-Han. I doubt we’ll even get a dlc like 8 princes though, it’s just wishful thinking
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

Why would they make DLC for the game that's not in the 3K period considering how Eight Princes almost killed it?
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 627
    That's another thing no mention of a Three Kingdoms start date for a game called Total War Three Kingdoms.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • stilesdinersstilesdiners Registered Users Posts: 87

Why would they make DLC for the game that's not in the 3K period considering how Eight Princes almost killed it?

Because 8P was a matter of bad timing, not a bad concept. When the major points of 3K are hit, no one will be up in arms about a different time period.

Because 8P was a matter of bad timing, not a bad concept. When the major points of 3K are hit, no one will be up in arms about a different time period.
    Yea, I'd argue 8P would have been well timed if they had just done a bit more to differentiate it from regular 3k, added more unique characters, and made the "lore" easy to understand. The time period is quite interesting, and so is the concept, In my eyes they should have released it after MOH, with more additions, to assure people we'd also be getting content focused on 3k.
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

It's not just a matter of bad timing, people didn't want a scenario about the eight princes full-stop. They wanted more Three Kingdoms content. People play this game primarily because it's set in the world of RoTK.
    8P is pretty decent, just the worst timing ever. It should be the last chapter pack released of the lot. Not the first :p
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,894
    Laindesh said:

8P is pretty decent, just the worst timing ever. It should be the last chapter pack released of the lot. Not the first :p

Fully agree. Worst timing ever. At least ca has learned that chronological order works best for a historical title. Man just think about all the chapter packs medieval 3 could have.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,977
    Eight Princes will always remain the "what could have been" DLC for 3K. Imagine how chaotic and challenging that campaign would have been had it been the last Chapter Pack, after the game had received years of improvements and refinements?

Fighting open war with the other Princes while also juggling the political machinations in the Imperial Court, all the while trying to unify the Empire to fight off the encroaching Barbarian Hordes in the north threatening to overwhelm the entire country? It's the eastern equivalent of the Fall of The Roman Empire.
    And as a literal "Chapter", it would have been the epic and bittersweet epilogue to this era of China; after a century of turmoil and conflict in the Three Kingdoms period, China is reunified under a new dynasty and the future looked bright. But 100 years later, the same cycle of dynastic disputes erupt once again. Only this time the barbarians are at the gate, and the country may not survive. It even sounds biblical, almost apocalyptic.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 464
    It would of made more sense story wise too . I mean each scenario reveals more of the story . If 8 princes had come out after a 3 kingdom scenario with a playable sima yi vassel who’s job is to create Jin within Wei the 8 princes would mean a lot more for people who don’t know the story . And as mentioned it would allow for more enemies like the northern tribes . Maybe bring in the Nanman . Heck I don’t think there’s even any bandit factions to fight against in 8 princes as since it was unpopular it’s pretty much abandoned .

I hope the same is not said of Mandate of Heaven . People bring up the free lords which there’s still quite a few relivent ones for Mandate of Heaven . Nanman not being playable was a shame for it though I can understand as I think no Nanman unique is old enough to lead at that point ?
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,445
    Eight Princes? Wonder who requested and expected that timeline before it was announced.

• TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 860

Guandu
    Northern Nomads
    Chibi
    Korea
    That's pure fantasy. It would pretty much mean that 3K will be developed at least until 2023. No chance. There are probably 4 DLCs remaining, tops. Gunadu, Northern Nomads, perhaps another chapter pack (not very likely) and lastly Korea.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
    Honestly I think it'll be chapter pack, northern expansion, and that could be it.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 860

Honestly I think it'll be chapter pack, northern expansion, and that could be it.

Possibly, but I don't think so. Korea is pretty popular and Koreans are the second largest group after the Chinese. Perhaps, they are even the most active in social media interactions and DLC purchases. CA loves to end the support for their tent-pole games with a spectacular DLC (Wrath of Sparta, Charlemagne - Slaves were an unplanned addition).
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
    I think a Korean expansion is possible but I'm not sure how they'd do it. The Korean peninsula is pretty small in game. They might just add the factions in the northern expansion.