Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should Beastmen be the next DLC

SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Registered Users Posts: 208
Since evidently we need evidence to prove that people want a Beastmen update and not steam achievements, I'll just ask right here to show naysayers

Should Beastmen be in the next DLC and get the next rework?

https://www.strawpoll.me/42457380

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,150
    Yes. That's not even up to debate.

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,050
    I mean, all-capital YES, but also the kind of people that frequent these forums aren't all that representative of the general customer base.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 3,822
    edited January 16

I mean, all-capital YES, but also the kind of people that frequent these forums aren't all that representative of the general customer base.

Would say this was true at launch, but only pretty hardcore fans of the series are still buying DLC at this point imo, all the normies moved on to play something else.

• SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,965
    Of course voted YES!
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 528
    I voted yes, but I don't think this poll is really representative of anything AND I doubt the persons you want to convince with the result will change their mind anyway.
  • PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 169
    Should but won't
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,866
    Should, but may be after the upcoming one.
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,346
    No. 0.6% says that no one wants to play the beastman campaign, this faction is not interesting to people. We have to spend resources on popular factions that everyone plays.

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 2,203
    PPerun said:

Should but won't

Until ca literally beat me with the dlc trailer that not with bm it will.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,271
    well, they are really the race in the worst state right now.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,633
    Yes.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,346
    Xenos7777 said:

well, they are really the race in the worst state right now.

The race is in the worst condition for Norsk, as it will be very difficult for people to complete their campaign even if they want to. And the Beastman campaign is one of the easiest.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,173
    Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

No. 0.6% says that no one wants to play the beastman campaign, this faction is not interesting to people. We have to spend resources on popular factions that everyone plays.

This really doesn't make a lot of sense. It's like putting up a car workshop in order to repair cars that work just fine.
    This is not a workshop. And the production of machines. Nobody will build machines that nobody needs.
    DLC are also about fixing the game.
    Er, updates should be, but DLC's themselves should NEVER be about fixing the game.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,800
    edited January 16
    I'm sure the Beastmen will be updated, either in this DLC, or the next one (if this DLC was already started/heavily underway before the T&T sales numbers were out....as CA stated T&T was going to be a sales experiment to test the viability of future DLC for DLC).

That being said, deep down, I think veresh is RIGHT about the Steam achievements part anyway. The Beastmen sold poorly even in GAME 1, before anyone knew they were 'badly done' or that Mortal Empires showed their age. There was no metric to judge what a 'good' race pack looked like at the time; at least not until Wood Elves anyway. And MOST races had incomplete army books at that point and/or were missing showpiece units. So the missing Jabberslythe/Ghorgon type unit was not unusual. Yet people still didn't really care much for Beastmen. They were unpopular on Tabletop, they were unpopular in Game 1, and they were unpopular in Game 2. ALL of this unpopularity cannot be attributed to just 'they were poorly implemented...if done right, people would magically like them more'. The race is honestly just not that appealing to general audiences. It never has been.

Greenskins for example....another race that aged poorly and needed a rework in Game 2, and got one, was still VERY popular within Game 1. It's DLC sold VERY well in Game 1, and was still relatively well played within Game 2 with much higher Steam achievement rankings in Game 2 compared to Beastmen, even BEFORE the Greenskins got their rework. Which means, people found that gameplay less satisfying, and had aged poorly, but continued to play them just because they found the race appealing. The Beastmen haven't enjoyed the same support/there isn't enough inherent race appeal to keep the pre-rework playthroughs going like there was for other races.

So my sneaking suspicion is...Beastmen WILL get their update...but the number of new campaigns completed with them and their overall popularity within the Game will only uptick a marginal amount. If an accurate popularity poll amongst races is conducted AFTER the Beastmen DLC, the Beastmen will likely still rank towards the very bottom.

I'm NOT saying they won't get a DLC/rework. I'm sure they will. I'm also NOT saying that ONLY the popular races should get reworks. Even less popular races SHOULD be updated as the sheer race diversity is one of the main draws of this game. This game would be very boring/wouldn't sell very well if it was just constant reworks of the Empire and High Elves over and over again as veresh would advocate for.

TL;DR: I do think veresh's constant HE spam is obnoxious and I don't agree that reworks should ONLY be handed out based on popularity rankings...as the Game overall would be less diverse and suffer as a result. But I do think there are kernels of truth to his assessment that the Beastmen are not very well liked (especially if we get out of the insulated bubble of this forum) and I don't think any DLC/rework is going to heavily change that.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,050
    My vote goes to 'no'. I'm not hyped for Beastmen, in fact, I would rather see pigs or mosquitoes in the next LP. But I wouldn't mind them.

If they are to come, then Taurox and Moonclaw are mandatory inclusions.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865

I almost feel like it is. A lot of what the community asks for seems to directly lead to a future DLC. Now, I'm sure a lot of that is coincidental (For example, people asking for Malus Darkblade were always going to get him, because there's only so many Dark Elf characters), but some of it seems reactionary from CA. Grim and Grom were Championed by the community for a while, until lo and behold, CA decided to give the fans what they were asking for.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 11,007
    While i am huge advocate for furries i am inclined to wait on them a tad more because i feel they would get the true love they deserve in game 3.

And honestly will prefer a race pack over a lp. But hey if they come they come i hope with Moonclaw dlc and Taurox flc
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • DumbledoodDumbledood Registered Users Posts: 143
    We know they'll get one eventually. Either now or hopefully as part of the game three rework. They deserve it, but I'd be cool with any of the ones that have it coming to them getting it next (Norsca, Dwarfs, Vamps all sound appealing).
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 487
    no
    BsFG dwarf
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,752
    Only if this is the game that will enable them to get the most content. I’ll happily wait until game 3 if it means more finetuned horde mechanics and a bigger budget for new units.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 295
    edited January 17
    I'm seeing some arguments on the forum totally bull ****.

-0.6% popularity of beastmen
    - all the rework done is valid, except for the dwarfs their rework does not count so it will be dwarfs in the next LP.

Beastmen currently not popular, but that's a good thing, not a problem, it means less people have them. Not all players have game1 and those with dlc are even fewer, so having a game1 Race on LP is an opportunity for those who do not have access to that armylist to try it out.

for those who don't have the game1 DLC it's not just 3 units plus two lords,
    it's a whole new race to play.

This is much more attractive than any random percentage that a malicious member takes out of context
    If beatmen are not in rework just one flc for those who already had the original dlc most of the current playerbase will not enjoy this `` free`` content.

I think that's why CA changed the format after the first reworks. LP rework is the best setting. and those who currently lack rework are BM and WC.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,849
    I'm kinda doubting I'll play the next LP, or purchase it. Unless they do a whole bunch of work on it to make Hordes fun, or they make a fun campaign on the other half. I just don't like Hordes. They suck. I hope they get the LP and get 70% of the budget, but I doubt I'll partake in it unless it looks better than I expect.

That said I do really like the WE campaign now. It's fun ridding the world of baddies so the goodies can take over. If the BM campaign could be something like that I'd be interested.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,325
    Large number of off topic, personal conversation and posts full of derogatory/personal inappropriate remarks removed. I strongly suggest a serious number of folks reread the Forum Terms & Conditions, especially the sections on Respect and on post content. Or Else......
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 200
    They definitely deserve some love, but I'm not convinced it'll come with the next DLC. Ideally, for me, I'd see it being the lizards vs the VC or the dwarves, with a dark elf FLC. But that might just be my elf exhaustion speaking.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,134
    Absolutely yes
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 328
    Oh yes for sure. But i dont want the memes to end. Beastmen being forgotten is my fav warhammer meme.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 268
    I know many people think the Beastmen are absolutely broken (They are not in a good place don't get me wrong) I think the bigger problem is Hordes. Unless they find a way to make hordes function differently, i'm not sure how much can be done to BM to make them function better.
  • DeltamirDeltamir Registered Users Posts: 102
    In order to increase sales I would be happy if this lord pack was different. An example could be, it costs the same as a race pack (more expensive than a lord pack) but brings

1 LL and a couple of units to BM
    1 LL and a could of units to VC
    1 LL and a couple of units to Dawi
    1 LL and a couple of units to Norsca

This would appeal to more people and bring all races I to the vortex which would be a great option for players.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    Valkaar said:

I'm sure the Beastmen will be updated, either in this DLC, or the next one (if this DLC was already started/heavily underway before the T&T sales numbers were out....as CA stated T&T was going to be a sales experiment to test the viability of future DLC for DLC).

That being said, deep down, I think veresh is RIGHT about the Steam achievements part anyway. The Beastmen sold poorly even in GAME 1, before anyone knew they were 'badly done' or that Mortal Empires showed their age. There was no metric to judge what a 'good' race pack looked like at the time; at least not until Wood Elves anyway. And MOST races had incomplete army books at that point and/or were missing showpiece units. So the missing Jabberslythe/Ghorgon type unit was not unusual. Yet people still didn't really care much for Beastmen. They were unpopular on Tabletop, they were unpopular in Game 1, and they were unpopular in Game 2. ALL of this unpopularity cannot be attributed to just 'they were poorly implemented...if done right, people would magically like them more'. The race is honestly just not that appealing to general audiences. It never has been.

Greenskins for example....another race that aged poorly and needed a rework in Game 2, and got one, was still VERY popular within Game 1. It's DLC sold VERY well in Game 1, and was still relatively well played within Game 2 with much higher Steam achievement rankings in Game 2 compared to Beastmen, even BEFORE the Greenskins got their rework. Which means, people found that gameplay less satisfying, and had aged poorly, but continued to play them just because they found the race appealing. The Beastmen haven't enjoyed the same support/there isn't enough inherent race appeal to keep the pre-rework playthroughs going like there was for other races.

So my sneaking suspicion is...Beastmen WILL get their update...but the number of new campaigns completed with them and their overall popularity within the Game will only uptick a marginal amount. If an accurate popularity poll amongst races is conducted AFTER the Beastmen DLC, the Beastmen will likely still rank towards the very bottom.

I'm NOT saying they won't get a DLC/rework. I'm sure they will. I'm also NOT saying that ONLY the popular races should get reworks. Even less popular races SHOULD be updated as the sheer race diversity is one of the main draws of this game. This game would be very boring/wouldn't sell very well if it was just constant reworks of the Empire and High Elves over and over again as veresh would advocate for.

TL;DR: I do think veresh's constant HE spam is obnoxious and I don't agree that reworks should ONLY be handed out based on popularity rankings...as the Game overall would be less diverse and suffer as a result. But I do think there are kernels of truth to his assessment that the Beastmen are not very well liked (especially if we get out of the insulated bubble of this forum) and I don't think any DLC/rework is going to heavily change that.

You don't know what you are talking about. At the time launch the Beastmen DLC sold more than prior Total War DLC. Per CA so it not selling well is directly out of thin air nonsense.

They were also per CAs infographic more played than one other race just before game 2's launch.

Enjoy being part of the misinformation crusade.

Also, should note the WE were low on those released stats and probably remained there as they didn't translate well to ME.

Greenskins were also low played because of mechanics issues but have been rising since being fixed.

The logic of these discussions are horrifically obtuse.
  • ChaosIncarnateChaosIncarnate Registered Users Posts: 93
    edited January 17
    Nyxilis said:

You don't know what you are talking about. At the time launch the Beastmen DLC sold more than prior Total War DLC. Per CA so it not selling well is directly out of thin air nonsense.

They were also per CAs infographic more played than one other race just before game 2's launch.

Enjoy being part of the misinformation crusade.

Also, should note the WE were low on those released stats and probably remained there as they didn't translate well to ME.

Greenskins were also low played because of mechanics issues but have been rising since being fixed.

The logic of these discussions are horrifically obtuse.

That is because logic is an unknown concept for these morons.

And yes, I absolutely want Beastmen in the next dlc. And its theme should be something abstract, meaning Moonclaw, generic stuff like minotaur boss Taurox can work perfectly fine as FLC.