Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

possible faction of Nagash

ChrisCol123ChrisCol123 Registered Users Posts: 28
do you think if Nagash is added to the game in the future, will he be a lord of the tomb kings, vampire counts or a new faction of his own?
and where do you prefer it?

Comments

• MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 279
    New faction. I'm expecting something similar to norsca, he might even be a good preorder bonus.

Roster would be mostly a mix a TK and VC, but hopefully new black and bone coloured armour and weapon assets to fit in with Nagash, as well as his dread abbyssals and morghasts which would be among the unit additions, along with some new ethereal units like blooms and maybe some new monstrous units to replace the TK constructs or Vampire units like sìmulcra or bone golems.
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 3,575
    Nagash must be a separate faction, especially since he has a lot of LL

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,829
    Mattock said:

New faction. I'm expecting something similar to norsca, he might even be a good preorder bonus.

Roster would be mostly a mix a TK and VC, but hopefully new black and bone coloured armour and weapon assets to fit in with Nagash, as well as his dread abbyssals and morghasts which would be among the unit additions, along with some new ethereal units like blooms and maybe some new monstrous units to replace the TK constructs or Vampire units like sìmulcra or bone golems.

Sorry but no. Why we should pay for Nagash faction if most of his units is already in game, paid in fact. He should come as Bretonnia kind of faction, free.

HE is not even on Norsca level
    Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Sorry but no. Why we should pay for Nagash faction if most of his units is already in game, paid in fact. He should come as Bretonnia kind of faction, free.

Because like how norsca was essentially Chaos with new alternate units and mechanics, he would be like TK with new alternate unit and mechanics. Nagash himself, neferrata, etc would be great LL and he would require a new rig and lore of magic.

Then norsca had skin wolves, fimir, mammoths as the new stuff, the rest reskins, nagash would have morghasts, dread abyssals and ethereal hosts blooms and simulcra.

Then norsca had the norsca marauders were essentially chaos units with new assets, the skeletal units of nagash would be reskinned with a more uniform nagash aesthetic.

The more I think about it the more I think hes a perfect preorder bonus as his regions are already in
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,011
    Every LL leads their own faction except for a few from the early days of WH1. For example, Mazdamundi leads the faction Hexoatl, while Kroq-Gar leads the faction Last Defenders. So yes, Nagash will bring a brand new faction to the game, likely either called The Undead Legion or Nagashizzar. He'll almost certainly be a part of the Vampire Counts RACE however.

He'll probably have an extremely unique campaign with completely overhauled building and technology trees and the ability to subjugate and/or absorb all other undead factions in the game, regardless of what race they are. IMO Archaeon should get a similar mechanic to lead a massive host of mortals, beastmen and daemons in WH3.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Because like how norsca was essentially Chaos with new alternate units and mechanics, he would be like TK with new alternate unit and mechanics. Nagash himself, neferrata, etc would be great LL and he would require a new rig and lore of magic.

Then norsca had skin wolves, fimir, mammoths as the new stuff, the rest reskins, nagash would have morghasts, dread abyssals and ethereal hosts blooms and simulcra.

Then norsca had the norsca marauders were essentially chaos units with new assets, the skeletal units of nagash would be reskinned with a more uniform nagash aesthetic.

The more I think about it the more I think hes a perfect preorder bonus as his regions are already in
    Still, I dont see a reason. You name you units that are new. Name me old units, that we have in game, and hamy nagash roster will have.

We will pay for units that we did, with TK and V.Count. And I am not ok with it
    Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Still, I dont see a reason. You name you units that are new. Name me old units, that we have in game, and hamy nagash roster will have.

But as a preorder bonus you and the vast majority of people wont pay anyway. And with a reduced price, just like norsca, if you dodnt get it for free, what youd be paying for are new lords, new units, new mechanics and new assets, all of which warrant payment.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,669
    New faction or vampire counts.
    He shouldn't have access to the tomb king roster.
    The whole reason they were able to beat him the first time is because they had the constructs to counter his undead.

Although he cast the spell to raise the tomb kings it went wrong and he has no control over them, nor does his raised undead have the same sentience as the tomb king undead.

New faction or vampire counts.
    He shouldn't have access to the tomb king roster.
    The whole reason they were able to beat him the first time is because they had the constructs to counter his undead.

Although he cast the spell to raise the tomb kings it went wrong and he has no control over them, nor does his raised undead have the same sentience as the tomb king undead.

Its more that people would probably want him to have access to the skeletal units of the TK, and probably a more Egyptian aesthetic over the vampire counts one.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,704
    I'm not saying they couldn't make Nagash a faction... I just don't think they will. Regardless of what game 3 holds.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 413
    Vampire Counts have so many potential LLs even just getting a representative for each other bloodline might be difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if a Nagash faction was also used as a way to being a few of them into the game (the Nameless, maybe Walach Harkon if he isn't a VC Blood Dragon-themed lord, though Neferata I think will be VC as a parallel to Arkhan).

A Norsca style pre-order is perfectly possible. Specially if they draw from other stuff like a few units from the Army of the Cairns (allowing Kemmler to use them too if you have the DLC, since it's not like he's bringing them as part of a LP). FLC would work fine too of course.
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 505
    Wyvax said:

Every LL leads their own faction except for a few from the early days of WH1. For example, Mazdamundi leads the faction Hexoatl, while Kroq-Gar leads the faction Last Defenders. So yes, Nagash will bring a brand new faction to the game, likely either called The Undead Legion or Nagashizzar. He'll almost certainly be a part of the Vampire Counts RACE however.

He'll probably have an extremely unique campaign with completely overhauled building and technology trees and the ability to subjugate and/or absorb all other undead factions in the game, regardless of what race they are. IMO Archaeon should get a similar mechanic to lead a massive host of mortals, beastmen and daemons in WH3.

The cross-race confederation idea always bothered me. The whole red line of the skill tree as well as several unique skills and traits relie on units and mechanics the lords can't use outside of the race they're from, it would bring useless complications for the team.

My bet is on Nagash being an extremely powerful LH, like Ariel or Kroak, which all VC and VCoast as well as Arkhan can unlock by conquering Nagashizzar.
  • Gatinho_ExplosivoGatinho_Explosivo Registered Users Posts: 71
    Temudhun said:

Wyvax said:

The cross-race confederation idea always bothered me. The whole red line of the skill tree as well as several unique skills and traits relie on units and mechanics the lords can't use outside of the race they're from, it would bring useless complications for the team.

My bet is on Nagash being an extremely powerful LH, like Ariel or Kroak, which all VC and VCoast as well as Arkhan can unlock by conquering Nagashizzar.
    Yeah. Having him as a LH that VC, VCoast (at least Harkon) and Arkhan can revive would be the least complicated way to introduce him, it's also the most boring imo. Nagash not being a playable Lord, him not having an entire army with the Dread Abyssal/Morghast aesthetics and instead of adding some cool new characters as the other LLs we instead have to play Mannfred or Arkhan again just to unlock/play with Nagash, in what probably will be some simple questline, would be a huge shame.
  • VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 190
    Temudhun said:

Wyvax said:

I find the idea of Nagash being reduced to LH extremely distasteful, even if that's what I expect will happen. Unlike Ariel and Kroak, Nagash has always consistently been at the forefront of his forces, not subservient to anyone. Hell, his trilogy makes it abundantly clear that he would never accept a master.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,275
    He's best off as a LL.

VC with some Tomb King units, or an unique faction, I guess. But cross-race confederating is probably not possible.
    Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

But as a preorder bonus you and the vast majority of people wont pay anyway. And with a reduced price, just like norsca, if you dodnt get it for free, what youd be paying for are new lords, new units, new mechanics and new assets, all of which warrant payment.
    We still pay for content that is already in game. And who said about reduced price ? Only you
  • PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 145
    What would be units of Nagash's faction apart from VC and TK units and other than Morghasts?
    Also, what kind of unique mechanics would Nagash have?
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 1,918
    edited January 17
    PPerun said:

What would be units of Nagash's faction apart from VC and TK units and other than Morghasts?

In terms of units, people have made plenty of lists of potential units for him on the forum (he only needs 5-10 like Norsca had).

In terms of how I would implement him as a race:
    • 2 LLs: Nagash and Nameless (you could give him some other redundant VC characters, but not Neferata)
    • Nagash starts in Nagashizzar (not sure about the other LL(s)).
    • If you aren't playing as him, he appears as an end game threat like Chaos, uniting all Undead under himself.
    • If you are playing as him, you start with his unique units and some of the lower tier Undead units.
    • On turn 1, you receive a number of missions (like the WE confederation missions) to take the most important settlement for each Undead race- Drakenhof, Black Pyramid, Awakening. When you take that settlement, you confederate all playable factions of that race and gain access to any "dead" LLs. You also gain access to the elite units for that race (though maybe not all the VCoast elites).
    EDIT: You cannot gain access to Settra or Aranessa.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!

PPerun said:

In terms of units, people have made plenty of lists of potential units for him on the forum (he only needs 5-10 like Norsca had).

• 2 LLs: Nagash and Nameless (you could give him some other redundant VC characters, but not Neferata)
    • If you aren't playing as him, he appears as an end game threat like Chaos, uniting all Undead under himself.
    • If you are playing as him, you start with his unique units and some of the lower tier Undead units.
    • On turn 1, you receive a number of missions (like the WE confederation missions) to take the most important settlement for each Undead race- Drakenhof, Black Pyramid, Awakening. When you take that settlement, you confederate all playable factions of that race and gain access to any "dead" LLs. You also gain access to the elite units for that race (though maybe not all the VCoast elites).
    I have seen some threads and I only remember Morghasts. And also the abysmals but those are also VC units, right? So that's why I am asking about units because it doesnt seem he could have any.

And why does he need just as many units to follow the precedent of Norsca? It doesn't seem like a necessity for me.

So the special mechanics is only confederation? By conquest, on top of that? That doesn't seem to be neither interesting nor lore friendly.
    PPerun said:

PPerun said:

I have seen some threads and I only remember Morghasts. And also the abysmals but those are also VC units, right? So that's why I am asking about units because it doesnt seem he could have any.

And why does he need just as many units to follow the precedent of Norsca? It doesn't seem like a necessity for me.

So the special mechanics is only confederation? By conquest, on top of that? That doesn't seem to be neither interesting nor lore friendly.
    There's Abyssal Terrors (the VC mount) and Dread Abyssals (the Nagash/Morghast-esque mount). I think he could live with just Morghasts + variants and Dread Abyssals + variants, but if he needs extra units, I'm sure they could throw in some excess VC/TK stuff that wouldn't make it into their rosters.

As for mechanics, he would obviously have a couple of mechanics like most factions/races, I was just focussing on his interplay with the Undead, as that's what most people are concerned about when it comes to implementation.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    The Dread Abyssals we know are all named mounts with unique visuals, though.
    JungleElf said:

I mean CA love giving us monsters, especially monsters that were normally relegated to just mounts- if we saw them as mounts, I'm guessing we'd see them as their own units.
    Nagash will rule again!

Well, I love variety but it just doesnt seem there is anything, nor units, nor ideas for mechanics, for Nagash as a faction 🤷🏻‍♂️

JungleElf said:

I mean CA love giving us monsters, especially monsters that were normally relegated to just mounts- if we saw them as mounts, I'm guessing we'd see them as their own units.
    hmmm, I guess the Khemric Titan should be Tomb Kings in the future, correct? Or could Nagash use those? Like how Norsca has mammoths?
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,963
    I would make him a Tombking DLc with missing tombking units and he has special acess to all game 1 Vampirecount units.
    Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

We still pay for content that is already in game. And who said about reduced price ? Only you
    In the same way those who bought norsca bought marauders, marauders cave, chaos chariots, and ice skinned wolves, trolls and chaos dragons. Or maybe that's why they are cheaper (reduced price) than faction packs like tomb kings, Vcoast etc, because their faction brings less new stuff and includes stuff already in game.
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

hmmm, I guess the Khemric Titan should be Tomb Kings in the future, correct? Or could Nagash use those? Like how Norsca has mammoths?
    No, Khemric Titan is 100% Tomb King (though through my system, Nagash would end up with them along with everything else by the end of the campaign). For Nagash’s unique units (not that I’m any sort of authority on this): he can have Morghasts and Dread Abyssals as his centrepiece units, with the rest being infantry/cavalry, be it Mummies, Glooms, some Uber-Nagash version of ______ Guard, etc.
    Nagash will rule again!

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

Ares354 said:

Mattock said:

In the same way those who bought norsca bought marauders, marauders cave, chaos chariots, and ice skinned wolves, trolls and chaos dragons. Or maybe that's why they are cheaper (reduced price) than faction packs like tomb kings, Vcoast etc, because their faction brings less new stuff and includes stuff already in game.
    Skin Wolves was new units. Point is, Nagash will get same units as VC and Tk have right now, nothing about them will be any different.

That why, I say he should come as Bretonnia, flc race.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,972
    Nagash would work perfectly as a Norsca like Race with 5-10 unique units while the rest gets copy pasted from TK and VC.

There are enough ET units and Ca could also barrow stuff from the Barrow Kings army list (pun intended).

Possible LLs:
    - Nagash
    - Drachenfels
    - Dieter Helsnicht
    - Walach Harkon

Lords & Heroes:
    - Barrow King Lord
    - Cairn Wight Lord
    - Morghast Hero/Lord
    - Shadow Druid Hero

Units:
    - Morghast Archai
    - Morghast Harbingers
    - Nagashizzar Guard
    - Dread Abyssal
    - Simulacra
    - Gargoyles
    - Glooms
    - Ghosts

Perfect as a cheap 10 bucks Preorder Bonus.
  • ChaosIncarnateChaosIncarnate Registered Users Posts: 93

Nagash must be a separate faction, especially since he has a lot of LL

I never thought I would agree with you, but here we are. World is truly a strange place...