Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Doom-Wheel vs Abomination / Doom-Flayer vs Rat Ogre

Rekhan79Rekhan79 Registered Users Posts: 3
I think these units are meant to be similar in worth/stats, right?
Something does not feel balanced there.
The monsters get picked all the time.

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 10,917
    Helpit have healing, and ability to get rebirth healing when low, pack master heal aura and remolder from throt.

Rat orgers cheaper again packaster and throt ability can heal them and better at mass block.

Both units synergize better with skaven range play.

While doom wheels , flayers are good but the synergy with meta skaven builds are less imo.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 520
    I think both Flayers and Wheels got some nerfs in the past because they were brutally OP on release.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    Flayers should have been 6 model unit, if not 9.
    Prettiest of the foot overlords.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,563
    Multiplayer doesn't emphasize clan bonuses.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,693
    edited January 19
    No they aren't meant to be similar in worth and stats.

The doom wheel is a chariot and 400 gold cheaper than the hellpit abomination. Very much not meant to be worth the same and not meant to engage the same targets.

Rat ogers are lightly armoured generalist monstrous infantry that can be used as a cheap way to get mass on the field. While the doom-flayers are a more expensive more heavily armoured infantry shredder.
  • griffithxigriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 1,066
    Rekhan79 said:

I think these units are meant to be similar in worth/stats, right?
    Something does not feel balanced there.
    The monsters get picked all the time.

Doom flayers were over nerfed but they will never be addressed as long as skaven is as strong as they currently are. Only once enough time has passed and other factions have moved up past skaven will people actually evaluate the unit for its real performance.
  • RawSugarRawSugar Registered Users Posts: 460
    flayers and wheel are antiranged units, you can compare them to wolf rats but not really ogres. flayers especially are really good at what they do, doomwheeel could use a buff.
    flayer vs wolfrats is a tricky comparison with many favorable and unfavorable matchups that are different. flayers are fine