Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

(Im)mortal Empires needs a rebalance of factions, a remaster of the starting positions and more.

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,259
We talk a lot about the new regions, races and size map of WH3's mortal empires campaign but we never talk about how to improve the current stuff we have and will probably be ported to WH3.

I start:

1) Lords like Tretch, Grom and more need their original starting positions (the ai and the player must have the same starting positions this new (dual starting position CA introduced won't work anymore with more lords and new players)

2) Skill reset for confederated Lords (recruited from defeat if this gets added)

3) Recruit defeated lords implemented.

4) Revamped diplomacy (region trading, ask for something under the threat of war, stop war between factions, clearer mechanics, etc)

5) Let all races confederate or delete confederation from everyone and introduce a new EQUAL mechanic.

6) Make conquered buildings change to the ruling faction's architecture.

7) Killed immortal heroes should be ready to summon from any settlement instead of just reappearing where they died.

8) Some proving grounds improvements.

What else do you think should be tweaked/changed/introduced for (IM)MORTAL EMPIRES?

Comments

• peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,508
    I dont know about trading territory, that just doesnt seem right for this game. Proving Grounds however was made especially for 3, or so i believe. It went well, surely they will implement some stuff from it.

Grom does need a move.

We need more still. Innovation. Im sure they will think of something stellar.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,259

I dont know about trading territory, that just doesnt seem right for this game. Proving Grounds however was made especially for 3, or so i believe. It went well, surely they will implement some stuff from it.

Grom does need a move.

We need more still. Innovation. Im sure they will think of something stellar.

Grom's AI dies at turn 5 or max 10, doesn't matter if it is Vortex or Mortal Empires. Sad :(
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 2,695
    3, 5 and 6 - I don't like these ideas for reasons I have previously explained.

1, 2, 4 and 8 - I do and did suggest such things from time to time.

Perhaps nobody reads my posts. That would explain it. Maybe I've not being giving this forum enough credit and there is wisdom here, after all.

7 - It's cheesy enough having Lords idle in a recruitment pool. Not sure we want heroes doing that too. Or maybe we do. I don't care.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,205
    I think that if in game 3 we get the complete map, some Lords like Teclis and Tiq'Taqto should be moved to their current positions in the vortex campaign, if only to give some more space between legendary Lords, because right now Lustria for exple feels a bit saturated with LL
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,068

I think that if in game 3 we get the complete map, some Lords like Teclis and Tiq'Taqto should be moved to their current positions in the vortex campaign, if only to give some more space between legendary Lords, because right now Lustria for exple feels a bit saturated with LL

This.

Teclis, Tiktaq'to, Tehenhauin, and maybe Kroq-Gar/Queek could use their Vortex start positions.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • GrenefellGrenefell Registered Users Posts: 265
    Hard disagree on #7. Unless you're a horde faction, losing a battle late in a campaign is already of pretty much no consequence.

If it was due to being wounded by a hero action, I could see them being imbedded while wounded, so taking up a spot you can't fill with anything else to either respawn by that army or just immediately in it again.

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,483
    edited January 2021
    -complete rework of alliances\diplomacy (im fine with the system from 3K). I do not care if dwarf, greenskins and skaven team up. I want proper powerblocks in an evershifting political climate to appear. And i want to be a part of that.
    Diplomacy should matter.

-Elimination of stacks with purely elite units. I'd be fine with a multiplayer limit (cost based army caps is a fine mod). If we can do this organically, even better.

-More randomness options for modding (like what i get in 3K). And make every faction count as major. I want everyone to be a damned threat dangit.
    edited January 2021
    I would add a “ramdomize starting positkons for all lords” option for when the game is like 4 years old and you wanna get new experiences without using mods.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,246
    CA needs to balance the game better
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • OuglasOuglas Registered Users Posts: 41

CA needs to balance the game better

Good idea! I don't know why they didn't think of that before!
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    On various other QoL (aka no balance or full reworks).
    1. Unit follow follow their others no matter what (so you don't have to spam right click when one of your cav model get stuck and everyone else try to engage in melee). Also, for obvious reasons, an "attack at will" button will be implemented as a switch or as an AoE ability where the unit will attack randomy one unit in said area.
    2. Redo the targeting for ranged units that can fire while moving. Honestly, it's bugged, anyone can't say otherwise: it will 99% of the time overshoot a couple of enemy soldiers while leaving the rest of the formation untouched.
    3. Also for fire while moving ranged redo the standard attack button such that it will not cancel a previous movement (things like guard mode or skirmish mode will act normally).
    4. Add a "fire at the ground" button for all artillery piece (also monstrous artillery) and grenade thrower units (with high arc by default). I don't think i need to explain this.
    5. Skillpoint distribution template aka how to make the endgame for hero-heavy races less frustrating.
    6. Since we are talking about heroes, give TK the ability to get more than 10 heroes.
    7. Full customizable difficulty setting.
    8. Give some kind of announcement for dilemmas. I don't know if that's just my problem, but i found myself more than one time clicking the wrong option because a dilemma appeared to me like 1 second after the turn ended (for Eltharion even worse) without knowing before it would have happened so i clicked on like a city or army but the click instead was gone for the dilemma.
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    On bigger stuff, as i wrote basically 20 times in this forum only:
    1. Siege rework. That's what everyone wants so i won't go in details.
    2. SP balance (both units and campaign stuff). Unit balance on top of being totally unconnected to other faction mechanics (like economy) is also **** because is based only on MP where things are way different; for campaign just general relabalance (ideally the meta is not have literally HE and DE be so op, but i think for that to happen economy should be reworked for almost everyone).
    3. Offensive melee infantry rework. Under the current AI setup (aka the AI send you tons of armies but are **** armies and use them decently) those kind of units can't in any way be useful since they lack strategic depth (the way to use them is just charging in the face of the enemy with the occasional flank, which is not really useful when you're outnumbered and outpowered).
    If CA manage (not likely) to have all three done properly (and by properly i specifically mean to avoid the "non-skaven faction in a LP with skaven" thing) WH3 will probably end up as my top 3 games i've ever played.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    elkapp said:

On various other QoL (aka no balance or full reworks).

1. Unit follow follow their others no matter what (so you don't have to spam right click when one of your cav model get stuck and everyone else try to engage in melee). Also, for obvious reasons, an "attack at will" button will be implemented as a switch or as an AoE ability where the unit will attack randomy one unit in said area.
    2. Redo the targeting for ranged units that can fire while moving. Honestly, it's bugged, anyone can't say otherwise: it will 99% of the time overshoot a couple of enemy soldiers while leaving the rest of the formation untouched.
    3. Also for fire while moving ranged redo the standard attack button such that it will not cancel a previous movement (things like guard mode or skirmish mode will act normally).
    4. Add a "fire at the ground" button for all artillery piece (also monstrous artillery) and grenade thrower units (with high arc by default). I don't think i need to explain this.
    5. Skillpoint distribution template aka how to make the endgame for hero-heavy races less frustrating.
    6. Since we are talking about heroes, give TK the ability to get more than 10 heroes.
    7. Full customizable difficulty setting.
    8. Give some kind of announcement for dilemmas. I don't know if that's just my problem, but i found myself more than one time clicking the wrong option because a dilemma appeared to me like 1 second after the turn ended (for Eltharion even worse) without knowing before it would have happened so i clicked on like a city or army but the click instead was gone for the dilemma.
    For the dilemmas, I'd like to be able to close the message screen (with some unskippable notification before end turn that makes sure you still do it), as for something like loyalty dilemmas or SoT forge dilemmas I'd like to be able to check which character it's affecting, where they are, what their loyalty is, etc.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,340
    If we get a full world map I'd be very surprised if Eshin isn't moved to Nippon and Flayed rock given to one of the chaos factions like it should be.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 811
    I think it's very likely we'll see some starting positions get shuffled around when we get the new combined "Immortal Empires" map.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,414
    I really hope some changes are made to starting positions again, and more 'loreful' ones at that.

Some Vortex starting positions are superior to ME ones, and vice versa.
    edited January 2021
    Oh yean and a button to “remove all items from heroes or lords” It is tiring to take item by item out.