Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Expectations for Total War: Warhammer 3 (Part 5)

bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335
Previous parts in this series:

Part One: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/280910/expectations-for-total-war-warhammer-3#latest
Part Two: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/280921/expectations-for-total-war-warhammer-3-part-2#latest
Part Three: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/280967/expectations-for-total-war-warhammer-3-part-3/p1?new=1
Part Four: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/280995/expectations-for-total-war-warhammer-3-part-4#latest

This series compiles and condenses the expectations fans have for Total War: Warhammer 3. Fans have communicated these expectations in places such as this forum, YouTube, and Reddit. The overall list has 15 expectations in no specific order.

This post will highlight expectations 13-15. Each expectation is ranked according to how likely it is to appear in-game.

Total War:Warhammer 3 Expectations- Part 5

Comments

• VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 211
    As nice as a proper army painter would be, I have to agree that I just don't see it happening.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,704
    Fair assessment of the situation. It all really depends on what is preorder or how they handle race packs for the minor races. If things go as they are, I think a "underutilized" faction may appear. So, personally I would have put it higher than 25%.
    And are the Ogre Kingdoms under the dlc section because you think it's likely they will be DLC or just as an example of a better race for a race pack?

• TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 581
    edited January 30
    Finally the last part!
    Regarding the Halflings, I think they may also appear thanks to a special building available in the Moot only, but for all Empire factions no matter the LL.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,339
    If DoW are in, Halflings will be in. And I really think the dogs are more than likely
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • DendrofielDendrofiel Registered Users Posts: 103
    Nice work man, good collection and representation of the community.

Expectation 16: Legendairy Hero's for all Factions
    Expectation 17: Gorbad and orc variety
    Expectation 18: Map connectivity: Teleportation Sea Routes

*Missing in current expectations:
    Expectation 5: Verminlord
    Expectation 3: Beastmen
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335

Thank you. A few follow-ups for you:

- I get the sense that CA has already begun to meet the legendary hero (LH) expectation. We are finally seeing more investment in LHs. The Twisted and the Twilight DLC is the latest example. I agree 100% that all factions should have them.
    - Can you give me more detail on orc variety? I'm curious about that.
    - Yes. There is a mod that provides this, but it absolutely should be in the base game.
    Temudhun said:

Finally the last part!
    Regarding the Halflings, I think they may also appear thanks to a special building available in the Moot only, but for all Empire factions no matter the LL.

Thank you.

Yes, The Empire should be able to recruit Halfling units as well. IMO, Empire factions should have limited Halfling unit options and the Halfling faction should have limited Empire options. Not too limited, but not full access to the entire Imperial roster. The goal is to make the faction a Halfling faction. The units provided should have a "goofy, fun-loving flavor," but they should have the stats to go toe-to-toe with any other faction.
    SaintCorn said:

Fair assessment of the situation. It all really depends on what is preorder or how they handle race packs for the minor races. If things go as they are, I think a "underutilized" faction may appear. So, personally I would have put it higher than 25%.
    And are the Ogre Kingdoms under the dlc section because you think it's likely they will be DLC or just as an example of a better race for a race pack?

Re Ogres, since there is no direct confirmation (yet) or consensus on how they'll get implemented, I have to assume that they are a DLC race pack option. I personally think they would work better as a DLC race pack, but many feel strongly that they should be a launch day faction. Honestly, I have no idea how CA will implement them. I'm just trying to cover all bases.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,292
    cathay , halflings, Araby , ind, nippon kuresh , hob gobbos i want race packs for all of them and more
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • DendrofielDendrofiel Registered Users Posts: 103

Thank you. A few follow-ups for you:

- I get the sense that CA has already begun to meet the legendary hero (LH) expectation. We are finally seeing more investment in LHs. The Twisted and the Twilight DLC is the latest example. I agree 100% that all factions should have them.
    - Can you give me more detail on orc variety? I'm curious about that.
    - Yes. There is a mod that provides this, but it absolutely should be in the base game.
    Hahah cool, I hope they will. Tought they would be a good addition to the list.
    When I was on the Reddit forum I read allot of people who wanted Savage Orc Bosses to lead their themed army. The same was for (Black) Orcs and Forrest Goblins. Also allot of people would like to see more weapon variety to represent "armed to tha teeth" more. Personally I also think and in my experiance allot of people agree that Gorbad would be great as a Vanilla type leader like Queek, Emperor Karl or Krok'Kar type lord. Yeah the mod provides this to, however I do feel like it can be more intergrated into the game experiance by CA.
    @Dendrofiel, thanks for clarifying the orc variety. I had not seen that, but it makes sense. I vaguely remember Savage Orc bosses in WH 5th edition. Having the ability to create themed Orc armies that can pack a punch makes sense. You can kind of do this now, but it is not as diverse as it could be.

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,704

SaintCorn said:

Re Ogres, since there is no direct confirmation (yet) or consensus on how they'll get implemented, I have to assume that they are a DLC race pack option. I personally think they would work better as a DLC race pack, but many feel strongly that they should be a launch day faction. Honestly, I have no idea how CA will implement them. I'm just trying to cover all bases.
    Fair enough. Official confirmation hopefully comes soon. Personally, I would like to see them as core. Regardless, it's good seeing someone cover all the bases. These were fun to read, and we will find some of these out soon enough, hopefully.

• SagezSagez Registered Users Posts: 102
    I'll try to be quick about my expectations:
    - I want a higher level cap (at least 50?), more items for lords and heroes, more RPG elements, more unit customisation (like Greenskins, Throt and Drycha), maybe trade nodes/sea nodes/teleports for global map or other means for traversing such a huge map.
    - I'm hoping (not expecting!) for Experience and rank rework. I think that max experience rank for units should be raised from 9 to 12 (let's call 10, 11 and 12 levels ''legendary'' or ''diamond'' chevrons). Now you can gain golden chevrons really quickly and when you have access to RoR units (instant 9 rank) experience is largely unimportant part of the game... RoRs should start at level 5 I think.
    Anyway, right now we have a veterancy ceiling.
    - At least 3 more LL for Empire (I'm pretty sure that Todbringer and Elspeth are 100% guaranteed, they are too popular)