Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Feel like a big Man??? because i do.

ViivrabeViivrabe Senior MemberPosts: 434Registered Users
edited January 2012 in Total War Eras Multiplayer
a little story, and a wall of text (sorry)

So I was having a great game, I mean this thing couldn't have gone much better.

So the guy has matchlocks lots of yari arsh and a very solid katana sam core with no-dachies. no bows or cav of any kind.

I have 2 no-dachies, 2 nagi sam,1 dayaku sam, katana cav, fire cav, yari cav, 1 bow cav, 1 mounted sam, 2 nag attendants and a katana hero

I get the armor dojo he gets the attack and moral dojo.

So i set up on the opposite side of the river from him, using my bows to take out his matchlocks. he moves foreword like 5 feet at a time so i get a long tome to shoot him.

During the match we are chit chatting about stuff, im having a good time, i assume he is too from the conversational tone.

Finally realizes that i can sit there shooting up his army for a good long time and he moves with in inches of my army.

After a few second of him standing there in spear wall, our armies almost touching spears, but not yet fighting i laugh out loud and charge my men in (a small down hill charge because i was on the upper banks of the river and he was on the lower) his line is much stronger than my'n, and if i diden't do anything he would win because he had more men.

My hero had been deployed a ways away taking care of some attendants that wandered in from trying to defend the armor dojo (which my katan cav apparently looked to tough for them so he pulled them back), giving me a nice straight charge down into a completely exposed right flank, my katana cav also on that side can not join the charge as he as yari in position to defend if i did, but then i noticed that his gen was in stand and fight and unguarded from the rear, were just so happened to be my fire cav, (standing on a dojo so he lost the buff from it)
i charged, he notices, runs his spears to protect his gen. Too late my fire cav hit and do massive damage, he had moved his spears away from his right flank so i use d my katan cav to swoop in and deliver the final blow, smashing into the back of his right flank shattering it leaving me with an overwhelming force.

He had sent all his no-dachies to the left flank and they tore through the units there but it was too late he only had his 2 no-dachies left, and i had only lost my fire cav, a nagi sam and a unit of attendants.

Then i see the greatest comment ever

"your being a (feminine higene product) lol
you loose because you dont have guts to fight
not because you play bad
ur kinda a noob dude
you do not deserve this win bye"

game stops

"you have lost connection"

Im at my limit at this point, angry as I can possably be.

then the aftermath screen pops up, Im raging in side

"clan tolkens gained

clan influence points gained
27"

Wait a second, you only gain influence points for winning?

I look at the results, "Winner: {Grailk}Viivrabe"

I was shocked, then i lol'ed

After that i got a friend request from that player, i thought: "well we will see how he handles this, if hes a (glutious maximus) then ill give him a piece of my mind, if he apologizes ill play him again (not in mm though)

paraphrasing here
him:your bad and im glad i kept you from getting that win
me: but i did win
him: it says i won as well hmm
me: well at lest i got my'n honestly
him: ya you won, but it dosent matter, your not that good
and even if you were you will never play tournaments, because i know all the good players and i sent them your info saying you are a camping bow cav abusing noob with no skill.
me: i lol and tell him i have screenshots of him drop hacking me, and of him getting beaten bad by a "noob with no skill"

he unfriends me and the chat ends.

Strangely i feel great, almost ecstatic even. i got the win. he admitted that, i out played him and his rank (top 200) "skills"
and i dont feel the least bit threatened by his well threats.

anyone else had something like that happen, a time when you feel great about something you did goes from being an almost soul crushing unfairness to an epic win?
Point is, there is a reason that the ESRB does not rate online [play].

A Knight in shining armor is a knight who has never had his metal truly tested.
Post edited by Viivrabe on

Comments

• Chris lolChris lol Senior Member Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Eh you described a pretty average shogun 2 gaming session
  • TheDuffmanTheDuffman Senior Member Posts: 369Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I've had quite a few experiences like that, but not as of late. Completely off topic, but simply taking the dojo out of their control doesn't do anything, you have to actually gain control for the bonus to stop being applied to their troops. Even if you neutralise it, they still get the bonus. And yea, CA have made it that if anyone loses connection they get a win.
    Interesting Signature.

If you disagree with the above comment, your lying, because your still reading.
  • ViivrabeViivrabe Senior Member Posts: 434Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    realy since when?

doesn't that bring it back to were it started

• Robert_the_GreatRobert_the_Great Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Yesterday I was playing a 1v1 match on RTW and it started much like yours did we were both having a good time and chatting. He was Carthage and i was Rome. He brought 4 sacred bands, 1 slinger, 3 Sacred band cavalry and 4 units of elephants all not upgraded. I brought 5 gold urban cohots silver 4 praetorian cavalry and 3 archers.

So he went into a noob square with the sacerd bands forming the square and his cav hidden in some nearby trees. But i saw that his elephants were inside the square. He started to make a joke about my archers beards, then he said "i hope you know that your archers won't have a great affect on my Sacred band". I simply said"im not targeting your hoplite's. I start to shot his elephants, they run amock and crash right through his noob square killing over half of his force. he then sends his cav to try to kill the elephants, but my urbans are in range to throw there pila at the horses and then i charge with my cav, his whole army now routs and i win.

Then i see a message from him that says: "You #ucking #aggot!!! the only reason i lost was because your to much of a noob!!!"
    me: i won because im a noob? That doesn't make sense.
    him:Shut the F up!!! Im the best RTW player ever!!!
    me:then why did i destroy you?
    him: Shut up! Im going to tell everyone how you are a elepant spaming noob who hill camps!

he leaves the game, i don't feel at all threatend and i just beat "the best RTW player"
    It's The Soldiers Who Win The War, While The Generals Take The Credit

-Napoleon Bonaparte, French Emperor (and giant hypocrite)

Steam id: Rob_the_Great
    Group/Clan: Victory's Secret
    edited January 2012
    lol why would anyone bring elephants and put them in the middle of a box, that's like taking cover behind explosive barrels in any shooter ever.

i just dont understand

• andferpaandferpa Senior Member Posts: 2,520Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Lol, it was a wierd day for me too, faced the nicest, most polite player, and he spammed light cav and yari cav....
    I felt kind of bad, he kept typing sad faces in chat as my katana samurai and yari ashigaru killed his cav, but the battle was over and I had won.

You find weird people in this game.
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.
  • NanoNapoleonNanoNapoleon Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Sounds like a saint
  • TheDukeTheDuke Banned Posts: 365Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    Winners are noobs, losers are pros. thats TW logic.
  • TheDuffmanTheDuffman Senior Member Posts: 369Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Viivrabe wrote: »
    realy since when?

doesn't that bring it back to were it started

It does, but if you check the enemies stats they are still the same. Thats why you want to simply stop them from catching it at all, because its a major pain to have to retake it completely.
    Interesting Signature.

If you disagree with the above comment, your lying, because your still reading.
  • Sima Zhong DaSima Zhong Da Senior Member Posts: 532Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I suspect you are a victim of the Processes> End Process> Steam.exe hack.
    Modern war is conducted against an out-group by powerful people who have an exaggerated opinion of themselves and their degree of morality, are overconfident, often have an illusion of control, enjoy taking risks and are almost always male. - Robert Trivers, Deceit and Self-deception
    edited January 2012
    I suspect you are a victim of the Processes> End Process> Steam.exe hack.

i dont realy care what happened, i was just saying i was just so excited to get a win while being drop hacked
    TheDuffman wrote: »
    Thats why you want to simply stop them from catching it at all, because its a major pain to have to retake it completely.

it is often not something you can "simply" do.
    i did notice that you kept the buff if the dojo was destroyed after it was captured,i didn't think it if it was uncaped the was still in effect...

on a related note.

ever notice how cheaters are proud of themselves that they can play unfairly, and not require any skill to win, and when they do win because they came up against someone who is a worse player than them they feel even more like a bad a** because they diden't need to cheat?

edited January 2012
    I have repeatedly called for a Shogun 2 user generated banlist, like dota's banlist.nl but apparently the technology is out of our hands.
    Modern war is conducted against an out-group by powerful people who have an exaggerated opinion of themselves and their degree of morality, are overconfident, often have an illusion of control, enjoy taking risks and are almost always male. - Robert Trivers, Deceit and Self-deception
  • SecuterSecuter Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I have repeatedly called for a Shogun 2 user generated banlist, like dota's banlist.nl but apparently the technology is out of our hands.

Who should be the one to decide weather one gets banned or not?
    edited January 2012
    It's a personal banlist. Everyone decides who they want to play with and enters names if they don't like a certain person. I'm speaking about this in light of the ability to lobby drop people of course. CA would keep a master banlist and people can report players who are rude, disruptive, and pull the plug on you.

Then again, if it was implemented, lobby dropping would be a bannable offense and only CA would control one. So yeah, you could have your own little banlist for battlelist, while everyone uses the master list from CA for ranked games.

If this is implemented I don't mind Fall of the Samurai coming out later.
  • RATTUE1RATTUE1 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    It's a personal banlist. Everyone decides who they want to play with and enters names if they don't like a certain person. I'm speaking about this in light of the ability to lobby drop people of course. CA would keep a master banlist and people can report players who are rude, disruptive, and pull the plug on you.

Then again, if it was implemented, lobby dropping would be a bannable offense and only CA would control one. So yeah, you could have your own little banlist for battlelist, while everyone uses the master list from CA for ranked games.

If this is implemented I don't mind Fall of the Samurai coming out later.

I know hundreds of ppl who play shogun and most of em are jokers who would put your name on a list for a laugh so i dont think that would get anyone anywhere. Just keep your own list so u know who to keep away from and if everyone does that themselves then there gaming experience will be more pleasant.
  • daniudaniu Senior Member Posts: 2,081Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    L4D2 has a personal banlist feature which allows you to choose not to play with a player again, and the game will never connect you to him afterwards.
  • ThesaboteurThesaboteur Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Yeah that's pretty normal for online play. Since the gaming industry is growing, a lot of more people are joining in. Unfortunately, they are usually kids or people who need a the******. Once in a while I face a spammer that just rages when I win. I say "gg" and they say "you suck" or something like that. I got a story too.

I was playing NTW online about a year back and faced a guy who I anihilated and he requested that I teach him. Being the kind man I am, I accepted and helped him out. During our second training session, I taught him about terrain on Irish Fort (?). He deployed badly... I brought 12 pounders and he brought 6 and he put all of his forces outside the fort. My 12 pounders kept hammering him until he quit. That wasn't the big problem though. The third session was about flanking and morale debuffs. I said, we both bring 4 units. He brought 20 units.... Ironicly his bad skills lead to the defeat of 12 of his units but he got me eventually. He then proceeded to text spamming me "you lost." I immediately banned contact and went on living, can't say for the other guy though. Point is, there is a reason that the ESRB does not rate online.
    edited January 2012
    Point is, there is a reason that the ESRB does not rate online.

adding that to my sig

• KatsumotoGKKatsumotoGK Senior Member Posts: 692Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Grailknights have more loyal members than the secret service... hail Sir Viivrabe!