Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Weapon teams unique mechanic

AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,747
Watching yesterdays ECL I couldn't help but notice that mortars, apart from dishing tons of damage, are also great skirmishers kiting around the map gleefully.

I was thinking at first that maybe weapon teams should lose the running speed but that's perhaps not totally called for (and also kinda lazy/easy solution) What if they got a unique mechanic (like the moulder monster one) where it makes them spend say a couple of seconds to deploy before shooting or pack up before running?
Prettiest of the foot overlords.
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    At the very least they need to lose skirmish mode and Scurry Away. Can't run fast if you have to lug all the heavy gear around.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 475
    By Sigmar yes!
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    edited February 2021

At the very least they need to lose skirmish mode and Scurry Away. Can't run fast if you have to lug all the heavy gear around.

Proper skaven would drop the gear and scurry away. Let them lose ammo when they rout :D

Alternatively they could only reload when standing still. And moving could reset their reload timer.
    Post edited by mightygloin#2446 on
    edited January 2021

Proper skaven would drop the gear and scurry away. Let them lose ammo when they rout :D
    But what are they going to shoot their leaders with when they come to execute them for their failures?

BTW, ranged units losing ammo if they break or waver? This sounds like a good idea actually.
  • turrehund#8512turrehund#8512 Registered Users Posts: 434
    Poison Wind Mortars, a unit of weak rats having to carry around an ARTILLERY PIECE in addition to relatively heavy armor (70), are for some reason faster than Elven archers on foot. (38 speed vs 36 speed). Why are all the Skaven weapon teams so obscenely fast? Warplock Jezzails that are dragging along a massive sniper rifle and protective shields run at 42 speed, which is faster than Shadow Warriors and Waywatchers.
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,572
    turrehund said:

Poison Wind Mortars, a unit of weak rats having to carry around an ARTILLERY PIECE in addition to relatively heavy armor (70), are for some reason faster than Elven archers on foot. (38 speed vs 36 speed). Why are all the Skaven weapon teams so obscenely fast? Warplock Jezzails that are dragging along a massive sniper rifle and protective shields run at 42 speed, which is faster than Shadow Warriors and Waywatchers.

Yeah skaven speed is pretty silly, especially when you consider that they had the same speed as elves in TT.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • y4g3r#8736y4g3r#8736 Registered Users Posts: 669
    User_Clue said:

turrehund said:

Yeah skaven speed is pretty silly, especially when you consider that they had the same speed as elves in TT.
    This. It's like the had a meeting and decided skaven would get 40+ speed whilst retreating, yet one team added that straight to the stat line, and the others added scurry away. Most of their foot units are almost 50% faster than elves.

I mean, don't even look at eshin units. 50+ speed on a foot unit is insane, even more so now they actually have fast cavalry speed units.
    y4g3r said:

User_Clue said:

turrehund said:

This. It's like the had a meeting and decided skaven would get 40+ speed whilst retreating, yet one team added that straight to the stat line, and the others added scurry away. Most of their foot units are almost 50% faster than elves.

I mean, don't even look at eshin units. 50+ speed on a foot unit is insane, even more so now they actually have fast cavalry speed units.
    Honestly, I haven't noticed just how out of wack Skaven speed is. Night/Gutter Runners, Death Runners and Eshin Triads have 54 speed, which is just ridiculously fast, especially when combined with poison. Who decide that Elven skirmishers so damn slow in comparison? They can't even outrun Dwarf Slayers, nor do they (apart from Shadow Walkers) have poison arrows.

It's like CA decided to balance around the concept of "well Skaven don't have cavalry, so all their units should function as pseudo-cavalry", which was fine at first when Skaven were notoriously underpowered but after 3 DLC's Skaven are becoming ridiculous.
  • Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,645
    edited February 2021
    turrehund said:

y4g3r said:

User_Clue said:

turrehund said:

Honestly, I haven't noticed just how out of wack Skaven speed is. Night/Gutter Runners, Death Runners and Eshin Triads have 54 speed, which is just ridiculously fast, especially when combined with poison. Who decide that Elven skirmishers so damn slow in comparison? They can't even outrun Dwarf Slayers, nor do they (apart from Shadow Walkers) have poison arrows.

It's like CA decided to balance around the concept of "well Skaven don't have cavalry, so all their units should function as pseudo-cavalry", which was fine at first when Skaven were notoriously underpowered but after 3 DLC's Skaven are becoming ridiculous.
    You're supposed to compare them with Chameleon Skinks, not elves. There are no other true skirmish infantry in the game other than these 2.

Long story short, I think Eshin units speed is fine but Weapons Teams need a big speed nerf. They really shouldn't have more than 28 speed. Yes, that's as slow as Dawi.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.
    Yannir said:

turrehund said:

y4g3r said:

User_Clue said:

turrehund said:

You're supposed to compare them with Chameleon Skinks, not elves. There are no other true skirmish infantry in the game other than these 2.

Long story short, I think Eshin units speed is fine but Weapons Teams need a big speed nerf. They really shouldn't have more than 28 speed. Yes, that's as slow as Dawi.
    Well that just begs the question: Why? Why should Cham Skinks and Skaven skirmishers be the only true skirmishers in the game?
  • Bastilean#7242Bastilean#7242 Registered Users Posts: 2,939
    y4g3r said:

User_Clue said:

turrehund said:

Greeks do it in TROY all the time. The men of Warhammer are truly weaklings... XD
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,936
    Sure, okay.

But only if I can put weapon teams (and artilleries) on walls too.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 475
    So this is finally a good proposition that is mostly accepted by the people reading, can we hope for a change?
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,936

So this is finally a good proposition that is mostly accepted by the people reading, can we hope for a change?

Does CA even bother reading these discussions?
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,572

I think I see duck logged onto the forum every couple of days
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted

How do you think the collision bug got fixed?