Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help for modding

gryphus1gryphus1 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi, so i recently have started modding, its nothing special just changed unit stats for legendary lords, and they do work, but i want to make individual mods for eatch lord and not put all legendary lords in the same pack, the problem is that when i try to use two of those packs it only works the one that is in the first in the load order and i dont know how to fix this problem.

Comments

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    gryphus1 said:

Hi, so i recently have started modding, its nothing special just changed unit stats for legendary lords, and they do work, but i want to make individual mods for eatch lord and not put all legendary lords in the same pack, the problem is that when i try to use two of those packs it only works the one that is in the first in the load order and i dont know how to fix this problem.

If you're editing tables that both mods share, then yes, the first mod will always overwrite the second, because even though you didn't change stats for most of the table, you're saving the entire table.

The easiest solution is to delete everything from your mod and table apart from the actual thing you're editing.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,193

gryphus1 said:

If you're editing tables that both mods share, then yes, the first mod will always overwrite the second, because even though you didn't change stats for most of the table, you're saving the entire table.

The easiest solution is to delete everything from your mod and table apart from the actual thing you're editing.
    1: Rename the table from "Data" to something else.

2: Delete everything that ain't actually changed, this includes unchanged data in the very table you edited.
    Only keep the data for the lord\unit\whatever you edited for.

This will allow mods which alters the same table to play nice with each other.

So if you change the unit stats for Malekit: Keep the table rows for him and delete everything else.
  • siddig_the_catsiddig_the_cat Registered Users Posts: 8
    Also make sure you keys are unique to avoid any conflicts. I use a prefix infront of all my keys based on the name of my mod. So in my Hammer of Grungni mod every key has a prefix of hog_ followd by the rest of the key.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file