Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do you guys enjoy ME Grom campaign?

gorgos96gorgos96 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 379
I've recently started a grom campaign in ME Very hard/Normal and I must say, this could be the most boring campaign I've played since Nakai. I've played for 70ish turns and I keep fighting Bretonnians and their lands are not pleasant climate either. Everything I do feels like a chore and the battles are not balanced either, Grom is op on his own I just send him to enemy army and then shoot with my blasting arrow goblins. I don't know man the vibe of this campaign was so "blehh".

What are your opinions on his ME campaign?
Tagged:

Comments

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,443
    I had an awesome time as Grom, I **** up some Brettonians, went across the mountains and **** up the empire, it was a blast
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,529
    I don’t enjoy Grom’s campaigns in general. He’s far too easy in my opinion.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• MSMisfakenewsMSMisfakenews Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited February 2021
    No i really did not enjoy his campaign at all which is a shame because he got some really good DLC content in regards to the cauldron and the units he got.

What ruined it for me was that is wasnt balanced properly and it was far to easy. All you have to do is just keep sacking adjacent provinces until Grom is half leveled up and its game over. Its impossible to lose after this for the rest of the campaign. He has a very similar campaign in this regard to ikit claw. Ikits campaign suffers from this same fate.There is this issue and also he gets too much money to quickly and his province grows to fast.

Very very very poor implementation of Grom from CA whover was in charge of his campaign balancing.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,283
    Nah. I didn’t overly enjoy his Vortex or ME campaign. He feels out of place in both to be honest. Had he started down by Misty Mountain in ME I would have enjoyed ME far more.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    He has 2.1% of the campaign completion, it is obvious that he is a complete failure
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,375
    Nope he's too overpowered just like Ikit or Wurrzag. Yawn mode.
  • MarkStu67MarkStu67 Registered Users Posts: 39

He has 2.1% of the campaign completion, it is obvious that he is a complete failure

Until the Grom / Eltharion update was patched (some weeks after release) if you completed the Grom campaign you didn't get the achievement. I am sure many completed the campaign as I did but it possibly wasn't recorded.
  • Iron_CrownIron_Crown Registered Users Posts: 1,574
    Didn't like the ME campaign because there is literally no place around the starting position you even want to conquer because it's all unpleasant climate.

Then played Vortex which was better in terms of location. But I got bored a while in because Grom's buff are way too overpowered and it just became too easy quickly.

Going back to 'old' factions, it's pretty insane how big the difficully gaps have become. Playing Dwarfs for a change and Clan Angrund or even Ungrim are insanely hard compared to Grom playing on the same difficulty level, or even lower.

Which is not good. While I'm happy that there are challenges left in the game, generally the difficulty level of a game should be set by the difficulty level you choose. It's dumb if some campaigns are almost unplayable to some players because they are either too easy or too hard regardless of the difficulty level you choose. Every campaign should be easy on Easy and hard on VH/L.

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    MarkStu67 said:

Until the Grom / Eltharion update was patched (some weeks after release) if you completed the Grom campaign you didn't get the achievement. I am sure many completed the campaign as I did but it possibly wasn't recorded.
    Doubtful. The fat goblin has little appeal to dive into his campaign
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    Never played him, i did like Azhag his new location with vampire relations, made sense.
    He should have just two settlements like Malus and that also goes for Clan rictus.
    This does not work as AI and it does not work as a player to me.
    his starting location in Bretonnia is still ok but there is like one way to play it, barely any allies.
  • Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 806
    I don't hate it, but the whole "attack on Tor Yvresse" thing just doesn't work well. By the time that you'd want to go and invade Ulthuan it's typically been taken over by Dark Elves already.

Grom is fun if you just wanna do a classic painting-the-map style campaign for world dominance but the pacing of his actual campaign goals just is kind of meh. You'll have more fun going on a Pokémon hunt for all the other Greenskin LL's (Grom is arguably the only one who can confederate all of them since the Broken Axe tribe gets eviscerated so soon in any campaign that isn't a Grom campaign that they might as well be missing entirely).
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    Thought his campaign was great, but didn't waste time before heading to elfland. Spent maybe 20 turns getting rid of Reikland and weakening Bretonia then abandoned his settlements and went to Ulthuan. Played a couple of campaigns like that and always had to deal with the elves myself. Morathi occasionally helped a bit but she generally got wiped by Alith.
    Great campaign - one of my favourite. Though greenskins are ridiculously over powered early to mid game. (Crazy economy through sacking, and awesome and cheap units). Don't even notice his cauldron tbh. And early to mid game is by far the most important part of a campaign... Greenskins snowball insanely fast. Azhag is just as bad.