Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should I try the Sisters of Twilight despite the fact that their mecanics seem to be useless?

Ulthuan_VolcanoUlthuan_Volcano Registered Users Posts: 299
Unfortunately once again the Skaven get the best out of a DLC with them, Throt the Unclean get a new amazing mechanic while the sisters can just forge a **** useless item every few turns. Still are the sisters worth playing or are they as bad as Malus Darkblade?
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/ Ulthuan, Home of the Asur. If any high elf player is in the hobby too I would suggest you to check this forum.
Tagged:

Comments

• tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 790
    useless? define useless cause the sisters items are quite strong especially after CA buffed them also the sisters themselves are really strong as well as their hawk riders that are doomstack worthy
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,520
    I thought their mechanic was taking as many Hawk Riders as you can possibly afford and nuke everything?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,690
    Their mechanic is not useless. It's not as flashy as others, but their mechanic is a case of "boring, but practical". especially since other Characters can use the item as well.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,825
    edited February 13
    The mechanic isn't particularly interesting but it's still a fun campaign.
    Post edited by Neodeinos on
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,993
    I'm personally waiting to try them when CA releases the final iteration of the Forge of Daith, I think they said that they are still working on some visual improvements.
  • ElithianElithian Registered Users Posts: 78
    Sisters dominate more than any faction I’ve ever played. Hawk riders with Arrow of Kurnous will obliterate any threat in the first 10 seconds of battle. Enemy have big artillery? AoK that ****. Jezzails and Ratling guns? AoK. Big monsters? AoK.

Their battle strategy is basically nuke all the enemy missile troops, artillery or cavalry with the first volley, then have your deepwood scouts clean up the rest, and you never have to enter melee or lose a solider at all. Four units of tree kin and 2 wild riders are all the none missile troops you need in case you do need to enter combat.

I fought 6 Skaven stacks in a single round, and lost like 50 troops total. Sisters of Twilight are killer.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    The sisters campaign was one of the best i ever played.

Even with the mechanic with the items it is still fun.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 3,646
    Ferestor said:

The sisters campaign was one of the best i ever played.

Even with the mechanic with the items it is still fun.

Drycha is a much better playthrough.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,532
    The Glorified Invocation of Vaul is FLC mechanic disguised as DLC, and yes it is a crossbreed of filth and thrash, but the Sisters themselves are great to play with.

Just remember to feel angry at CA every time you see this abominable, uninspired pop-out window. Balance is everything. Thus spoke Asuryan.
  • Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 634
    edited February 15

The Glorified Invocation of Vaul is FLC mechanic disguised as DLC, and yes it is a crossbreed of filth and thrash, but the Sisters themselves are great to play with.

Just remember to feel angry at CA every time you see this abominable, uninspired pop-out window. Balance is everything. Thus spoke Asuryan.

What utter bs.
    There is nothing wrong with the forge of Daith, it's just not as flashy as throts lab. Way more useful though.
    The forge is fine.

Also, your an Asur crazy, what do you care anyway?
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    edited February 15
    Kiwi123 said:

What utter bs.
    There is nothing wrong with the forge of Daith, it's just not as flashy as throts lab. Way more useful though.
    The forge is fine.

Everything is wrong with it. Nothing about the Forge is fine, as I have said, it is a Glorified Invocation of Vaul. It has no place in DLC. Throt's lab is not only flashier, it is more useful and what is the most important: it offers customisation. It's leagues above the botchling that the Sisters have gotten.

Please, refrain from personal commentary.

I care about Elves in general.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,299
    Who need op mechanics when your lord is OP?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,972
    Throt's mechanics suck. They're vastly OP so if you want fun you need to just not use it.

I found the Sisters much more enjoyable than Throt. Great campaign and the mechanics are fun.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

edited February 13

Throt's mechanics suck. They're vastly OP so if you want fun you need to just not use it.

I found the Sisters much more enjoyable than Throt. Great campaign and the mechanics are fun.

Gonna be honest, on higher difficulties, the Sister's faction over is far more broken than Throt's. Arrows of Kurnous > Throt's Lab (Ikit's is far better).

Kiwi123 said:

What utter bs.
    You need to grow up, and act your damn age (presuming you aren't actually a child). Its a game. The forge is fine.

Everything is wrong with it. Nothing about the Forge is fine, as I have said, it is a Glorified Invocation of Vaul. It has no place in DLC. Throt's lab is not only flashier, it is more useful and what is the most important: it offers customisation. It's leagues above the botchling that the Sisters have gotten.

Could be worse. Could have been a Campaign DLC race that literally had its most defining mechanic taken and literally given to a completely different faction...and better, the next dlc after.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • jamesbluewavejamesbluewave Registered Users Posts: 531
    While i agree forge of daith isn’t particularly interesting, the battle mechanics they bring are quite interesting and their vortex campaign was enjoyable!

I don’t play with doomstacks, and sisters boost a variety of units which makes playing with them fun for me. Also having specific objectives like doing the rituals of rebirth in the forests and just defending them was a nice change of pace from usual campaigns that just paint the map.

I largely ignored the forge, I didn’t even get the skill to make it appear faster, it’s largely ignorable and pointless, especially for me as I really don’t care for the character items unless they are “quest battles” , but the vortex campaign was fun and the battles you can have with them are quite fun as well.

I haven’t tried throt yet, probably won’t for a while because I just don’t find the skaven interesting, but imo sisters are worth it, and I’ll probably play another campaign with them soon, but this time mortal empires.
    edited February 13
    Amonkhet said:

Gonna be honest, on higher difficulties, the Sister's faction over is far more broken than Throt's. Arrows of Kurnous > Throt's Lab (Ikit's is far better).

Kiwi123 said:

What utter bs.
    You need to grow up, and act your damn age (presuming you aren't actually a child). Its a game. The forge is fine.

Could be worse. Could have been a Campaign DLC race that literally had its most defining mechanic taken and literally given to a completely different faction...and better, the next dlc after.
    It's true that the lab is better than the cauldron, but the cauldron is still much better than the forge.

/edit/

Do you mean TK forge?
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,004
    Just wait for CA to fix them. Unless you like lying to yourself and deluding yourself into thinking their mechanic have any substance, you're just waiting your time playing them in campaign right now.

Amonkhet said:

Kiwi123 said:

What utter bs.

It's true that the lab is better than the cauldron, but the cauldron is still much better than the forge.

/edit/

Do you mean TK forge?
    Yeah, the TK Forge.

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,004
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Kiwi123 said:

What utter bs.

/edit/

Do you mean TK forge?
    Yeah, the TK Forge.
    Don't you mean the Mortuary Cult?
  • Budoka4Budoka4 Registered Users Posts: 67
    I wouldn't say sisters mechanic is useless, quite the opposite, you get a good amount of unique items, some of which are really strong. They are also very strong LL and their buff to hawk riders is ridiculous, basically making mediocre unit into top tier. Plus WE overhaul is very good.

Have to admit though, their faction mechanic does seem more on FLC level than on DLC. For instance, I certainly wouldn't rate it above Imrik.

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Kiwi123 said:

What utter bs.

/edit/

Do you mean TK forge?
    Yeah, the TK Forge.
    Don't you mean the Mortuary Cult?
    Yeah. I still can't believe Dwarves got a better, easier to use one almost immediately after.

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 981
    I don't get these kind of questions, as if testing them out for like 1-2 hours would be such a big waste of time.
    Start the game, start a new campaign and try out for yourself.
    This Forum here has tons and tons of different oppinions, if you just want to validate your own opinion and wait for the people who gonna tell you not to play it, then whats the point of this entire thread?
    You know the game is fun, if you like Wood Elves you will like Sisters of Twilight, if you don't then you probably won't.

Also WE are the only Faction right now who can pretty much choose their Starting Location now. You can just teleport to another Tree.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,492
    edited February 14
    Budoka4 said:

I wouldn't say sisters mechanic is useless, quite the opposite, you get a good amount of unique items, some of which are really strong. They are also very strong LL and their buff to hawk riders is ridiculous, basically making mediocre unit into top tier. Plus WE overhaul is very good.

Have to admit though, their faction mechanic does seem more on FLC level than on DLC. For instance, I certainly wouldn't rate it above Imrik.

High elves have best FLCs, Imrik and Anith Anar are good
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,286
    Even if you never once used the mechanic at all (never equipped Daith's gifts)....It would still be better than Malus', as none of the mechanics actively work against you. It's like the Vampire Bloodlines mechanic. If you use it there are benefits...but you can also perfectly well ignore it and only recruit Necromancers if you wanted to and nothing bad will happen to you.

The Sisters being an eagle/dragon mounted bolt thrower also gives them much more utility in battle than Malus. And as others have mentioned, the faction-wide buffs to Hawk Riders/Arrows of Kurnous is way more impactful than anything Malus gets.

TL;DR: Whether you think Throt got the better end of the deal, the way Sniktch got the better end of the deal with Malus....there is no question that the Sister's overall campaign is still way better than Malus'.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,976
    thye maybe are not as easy as skavens but they are still OP imo, their buffs and them alone are very powerful
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• Tempus_fugitTempus_fugit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,368
    Oh dear. Hyperbole! Exaggeration!
    Never, always, overpowered, useless.
    Let us just say I don't believe anything in the universe to be infinite. Such expressions tend to become meaningless in the Internet.
    Whenever I see these absolutes, generally there is little to no factual basis beyond a keen desire by the author to be noticed.

You can enjoy the game without needing any additional goodies. Stock standard wood elf roster versus the world is a fun game.

Start as orion for the plus 10% movement.
    Play game. See awesome tree people and pointy ears fighting everything from cosmic horrors to mundane brown pants soldiers and everything in between. Enjoy.
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: All factions VH, Wood Elves on L. TWWH2: Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Khalida, High Elves, Vampirates. ME: Khalida, Vampire Counts, Carcasonne, Wood Elves
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    I like the mechanic well enough. It isn't very exciting but it gives your generic heroes and lords some really cool items that makes them feel a little more worthwhile compared to legendary equivalents.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,013
    If one plays a Legendary Lord solely for their mechanics then the vast majority of Legendary Lords in game must be incredibly dull to play.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Glandyth_a_KraeGlandyth_a_Krae Registered Users Posts: 163
    The fact that you have to do *something* rather than just wait for a totally broken and random diplomacy to allow you to confederate is really great.

If they keep confederation, it should at the very least be quest driven imo. You should have a reason for doubling magically your empire.

Imo the Sisters hawk riders are completely broken. And obviously so are waywatchers. I recommend tabletop caps mod if you are gonna play that campaign, which otherwise is great.