Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dwarfs LL skill trees and end game

damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,173
Dwarven skill trees are rather lacking and remain unchanged since game 1. At that time it was a norm, but after game 2 release and with every new patch necessity of updating legendary lords and heroes skill trees is evident.

This is what people paid their money for in game 1
https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/6h/00lxcspsnabw.jpg

This is what is given for free nowadays
https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/ro/bizqs40559bv.png

I really hope that something like that is planned in game 3, but if not, here are some of my suggestions to spice up dwarf lords by adding new stuff. In my opinion late game (level 30-40) options are what need some variety, cool things to chose from. Last level choices should feel powerful and not spending points on whatever secondary stats that could somewhat be maybe
useful.

WARNING: My suggestions are mostly about for SP, they could be fun in MP, but I know that thats a touchy subject so don’t think too hard about dawi conspiracy.

Belegar Ironhammer.

He need to have ability to summon angrund ancestor spirits (I know about Horn of ancestors from the forge, but its also part of the problem, this ability should be unique to Belegar and not just be sold from the shop). Aside from summoning heroes (it could be not only thane, but also runesmith or engineer) at level 30, at level 40 Belegar should summon whole unit of spectral dwarfs. Dwarwen melee armies are pretty underwhelming (after nerfing Ungrims Journeys end even more so) and addition of this could present some opportunities. It will be a random summon of GW dwarf warriors, GW longbeards, hammerers or slayers.

Grombrindal – The White Dwarf

The White Dwarf call – lvl 40 skill, he could call for reinforcements, they appear from a random side of the map and consist of random dwarf units. Amount could be tied to enemy army strength (the stronger they are compared to Grombrindals army the stronger reinforcements will arrive). For clarity reasons I will use MP gold: 1500-3500 will be min/max cost of reinforcements.

Ungrim Ironfist

Probably should place here another warning because I will use endtime lore, but whatever. Ungrim became chosen of Aqshy- Wind of fire, its avatar, not bright_wizard3472, archmage7308 or slann107, but him. Its pretty appropriate for him at higher levels to wield it. Of course he cant be sitting behind everyone's backs drinking arcane conduit, his spells will recharge only in battle (for kiters - shooting arrows at him also count as such). At levels 37-40 he could chose any 3 fire spells and cast them in a heat of the battle. No miscasts and no need for winds of magic pool is granted.

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

Same as with Ungrim, but with Chamon- Wind of metal, here.

Also Thorgrims Throne of Power which was made by Grugni himself and could absorb Chamon is represented underpowered to say the least. It had so many mighty runes that Thorgrim could blast his enemies from it. At 30-35 levels he can gain ranged attack (similar to DE Bloodwrack Shrine).

Thanks for your attention.
BsFG dwarf

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,466
    Belgar doesn't even come with unique skill tree,

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,260
    But but.. dwarfs already had a rework!

Anyway yes to premise but no to ET aqshy stuff. Let's not go into there. Thorgrim is also missing his throne as an item or ability among other things like half of his stats. You know the thing he is literally sitting on.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,466
    edited February 14
    any rework that didn't come with LP is bad well except counts one but that came with a campaign pack so meh. at leastDawi are due a lp some point

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,174
    edited February 15
    Forget LL.

Most their generic lord and Hero skill trees as well.

Hell, most game 1 Factions. Look at Greenskins caster Heroes, able to get all spells and still have more points than you'd know what to do with
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,695

But but.. dwarfs already had a rework!

Anyway yes to premise but no to ET aqshy stuff. Let's not go into there. Thorgrim is also missing his throne as an item or ability among other things like half of his stats. You know the thing he is literally sitting on.

They still can t forge runes or runic banners, nor can the rune-smith share his runes from the skill-line.