Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What about ancient egyptian TW game? And also Italian medieval municipality?

CoguaroCoguaro Registered Users Posts: 1
I love historic games i hope there will be some other one and not only fantasy kind! What about ancient civilizations egypt, hittites, sumerians assyans? With a nice detailed with resources libyan, egyptian syrian and Mesopotamian map?

Or what about war between italian communes (as florence, Milan and so in...)

And a lot of others european historic contest!!

But maybe is only my interest 😁

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    Egypt/Bronze age does come up, but kind of shot in the foot for the time being with Troy as it is in the time frame but gone away from the historical line.

Italian city states and such I guess could fit the Saga titles.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,471
    I think the latter would fit better in a greater title, then its own game.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

I fear "full" title TWs covering the period wont have the depth in Italy to do the local scale fighting that happened before they started to try to unite again.
    Commisar said:

SiWI said:

I fear "full" title TWs covering the period wont have the depth in Italy to do the local scale fighting that happened before they started to try to unite again.
    fair enough, but I don't really see "Italien civil war" (TLDR version) appealing enough, unless it is in bigger context.

And given with the Map sizes we get in Wh3, maybe it would be in the cards?
    SiWI said:

fair enough, but I don't really see "Italien civil war" (TLDR version) appealing enough, unless it is in bigger context.

ToB and FotS I wouldn't say were overly appealing in themselves.

Seems common to want to see more of the world, Medieval covering all of the old world has been coming up a lot...All of the Middle East, India, China, Japan, Mongolia and I guess Siberia...even have some saying all of Africa should be added to it lol.
    Commisar said:

SiWI said:

ToB and FotS I wouldn't say were overly appealing in themselves.

Seems common to want to see more of the world, Medieval covering all of the old world has been coming up a lot...All of the Middle East, India, China, Japan, Mongolia and I guess Siberia...even have some saying all of Africa should be added to it lol.
    Well ToB would have probable not been made if CA wasn't in the Uk.

FotS did have the "Last Samurai" vibe and the advantage that it was, at the time of creation, an standlone expansion for S2.

There has been "talk" about a M3 reaching from Europe to china... and with WH3 and the trilogy as a whole, it doesn't seem impossible does it?

I mean in theory CA could do an M3, then do a TW Khan (as in genghis Khan not Star Trek) and have that an combine map with M3...
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,704
    Troy hit Bronze Age.
    SiWI said:

Well ToB would have probable not been made if CA wasn't in the Uk.

FotS did have the "Last Samurai" vibe and the advantage that it was, at the time of creation, an standlone expansion for S2.

There has been "talk" about a M3 reaching from Europe to china... and with WH3 and the trilogy as a whole, it doesn't seem impossible does it?

I mean in theory CA could do an M3, then do a TW Khan (as in genghis Khan not Star Trek) and have that an combine map with M3...

They still thought it would sell though and didn't go with the more popular periods such as the earlier Viking setting which is where most movies and TV series are or the later with a proper Norman invasion.

It rather does with any detail like the small Italian city states. The main detail will be over in Asia and the Middle East as that would then be the main focus due to it being the larger area. Wont have as much detail even with the predicted province count of the combined WH3 campaign as you get in Attila.