Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tyrion and Teclis must be nerfed

oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,780
Firstly Tyrion. The guy is ridiculously OP. He is surrounded by allies and always snowballs into a mega empire by mid game especially if played by the player. With his bonuses you can easily do the campaign on Legendary without breaking a sweat. So firstly just take his upkeep reduction and replace it with nothing. This will balance his ability to churn out armies.

Secondly the High Elf roster is way to strong with to many units. Make the DLC units only available to the LLs they come with and this will balance the faction in campaign perfectly.

Next they need more enemies so move Tretch to the White Tower with a decent stack and this will be a lot more fun and challenging as it's just to easy. You can justify it by saying Tretch tricked Teclis which is why Teclis is banished.

Finally reduce Tyrion's melee attack and defence by 20 each as he just cuts through everything. This will make him a lot more balanced as he is barely being hit while killing all.

With Teclis remove his parrot mount. He never had it in the lore and it's ridiculously OP. Next half his WoM as he can easily kill 500 in a battle and it's just a lot. Teclis in lore is more behind the scenes.

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,930
    It's the beginner faction for newbies..

Not an issue though as Cathay will shortly take over as the dominant order faction.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 937
    No one MUST be nerfed. First and foremost, its perfectly acceptable to have Lords and set-ups that are better then others. It's in every Total War game. It's a third difficulty slider if you will. As long as their points are dialed in properly in MP battles, it's a non issue.

Secondly, these are supposed to be a pair of guys that are capable of weathering some devastating storms, and the most fabled Lords in lore should not only have a bit easier time as a player, but should also be tougher opponents when going up against them. Tyrion and Teclis dominating the map isn't a bad thing. The world has gone to crap, and most capable leaders start to take over.
  • OuglasOuglas Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited February 16

It's the beginner faction for newbies..

Not an issue though as Cathay will shortly take over as the dominant order faction.

Really? I reckon Kislev, at least to start. They seem like the headliner.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,989
    I'm for them being nerfed purely to open the Salt mines.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,289
    1) It makes sense for Tyrion to be powerful in melee, he’s a being that has lived for centuries and has mastered the art of war.

2) Instead or removing the 50% upkeep, reduce it to 25%. This way it’s more fair, because he’s given a lot of units with reduced upkeep.

3) Never, and I mean never, advocate for DLC units to only be available to said DLC Lord. It’s already annoying enough with the Shadow Walkers and Tree Spirits.

4) Yes, please remove that bird.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 3,100
    Yes-yes nerf the elf things. Wizard-elf on his big bird-thing is to powerful!
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,398
    Teclis campaign is incredibly difficult. incredibly difficult.

The bird can go, but the WoM must remain. I wouldnt say that it is 'easy' to get 500 kills with him either.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,320
    Just need to give AI grom some help so there's a threat on that island
  • panda_express12panda_express12 Member Registered Users Posts: 313
    No.
    I can almost taste the salt in your post. What, did the High Elves bully you in your campaign?
    The only thing that needs to be "nerfed" is confederations, which are too easy and too powerful.
    Rig
    CPU: i7 9700kf 4.6GHz
    GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,715
    edited February 16

No.
    I can almost taste the salt in your post. What, did the High Elves bully you in your campaign?
    The only thing that needs to be "nerfed" is confederations, which are too easy and too powerful.

My guess it's in response to the Tyrion needs to be buffed thread.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 3,946

Next half his WoM as he can easily kill 500 in a battle and it's just a lot. Teclis in lore is more behind the scenes.

Telcis is meant to be the most powerful living non Slann mage. Hell he power is said to be on the level of nagash so his WoM is fine.
    Teclis is not more behind the scenes, he had one shot banished N'Kari and one shot malekith before.
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 804

Firstly Tyrion. The guy is ridiculously OP. He is surrounded by allies and always snowballs into a mega empire by mid game especially if played by the player. With his bonuses you can easily do the campaign on Legendary without breaking a sweat. So firstly just take his upkeep reduction and replace it with nothing. This will balance his ability to churn out armies.

Secondly the High Elf roster is way to strong with to many units. Make the DLC units only available to the LLs they come with and this will balance the faction in campaign perfectly.

Next they need more enemies so move Tretch to the White Tower with a decent stack and this will be a lot more fun and challenging as it's just to easy. You can justify it by saying Tretch tricked Teclis which is why Teclis is banished.

Finally reduce Tyrion's melee attack and defence by 20 each as he just cuts through everything. This will make him a lot more balanced as he is barely being hit while killing all.

With Teclis remove his parrot mount. He never had it in the lore and it's ridiculously OP. Next half his WoM as he can easily kill 500 in a battle and it's just a lot. Teclis in lore is more behind the scenes.

Again, the same tension between those who play a computer game vs those who play for the lore.

Skaven cannot be on Ulthuan, for several lore reasons. But I expect to see demons of chaos in WH3 attacking the vortex.

Personally, I hate all this talk of nerfing... I think it is a sign people need to accept a challenge and overcome it by being a better player. It's as though people just want an easy campaign every time they play.
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 446
    Please can they get rid of Teclis's Arcane Phoenix mount. His Barded Ithilmar Steed mount was all he ever needed and as such a prolific caster to give him even better mobility and melee capabilities was not well thought out. I do not think that Teclis's Arcane Phoenix mount was a good thing for single player or multiplayer. It just made him to OP at everything, rather than have a very strong focus in casting spells.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,296
    Honestly just revert Teclis to his pre-Warden/Paunch state and he'll be fine. Take away the ridiculous mount and put his Sword of Teclis back to its original and proper effect.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,437
    Tyrion can certainly stand to be a bit squishier at least. as it stands he's just a pain to deal with. not cause he's hard or anything but cause he just won't **** die.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 3,100

Tyrion can certainly stand to be a bit squishier at least. as it stands he's just a pain to deal with. not cause he's hard or anything but cause he just won't **** die.

And if he's got the Sword of Khaine he turns into an unkillable mulching machine.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,162
    Just delete Teclis stupid bird mount and that's all
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,073

Hey I like that bird its adorable and angry... you dont have to use it. :innocent:

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,573

Hey I like that bird its adorable and angry... you dont have to use it. :innocent:
    The AI will use it and toxic idiots online will use (and abuse) him, so it's irrelevant whether one doesn't use it oneself.

The parrot needs to go.

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,913

It's an abomination that's destroying the whole identity of Teclis. It needs to go, period.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods
  • Bon_AppetitBon_Appetit Registered Users Posts: 17
    I would love to see the right to choose spells from all of lores of magic, not just pre-set combination of spells, in case of Teclis. I don’t really care about the bird
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 937

I would love to see the right to choose spells from all of lores of magic, not just pre-set combination of spells, in case of Teclis. I don’t really care about the bird

A thread asking to nerf teclis and you wanna ramp him up :D
  • Bon_AppetitBon_Appetit Registered Users Posts: 17

A thread asking to nerf teclis and you wanna ramp him up :D
    Honestly, the only possible nerf that could change current state of Teclis is removing his phoenix and we all know that it’s not going to happen. Same situation with ability to select 1 spell from each lore. But at the very least implementation of this mechanic would be lore-friendly at some point, but whatever
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,561
    For **** sake CA PLEASE add more threats to Ulthuan; scripted invasions, a raid defense mechanic, more enemy factions SOMETHING. The persona of the HE as embattled noble defenders is completely lacking in their playthroughs, and lorefullness aside its incredibly boring. HE have been given a great roster but horrible campaigns due to the blandest faction mechanic in the game and the easiest campaign difficulty by far
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,637

That's ridiculous. Tyrion isn't THAT strong.

But yeah, lose the parrot on Teclis. He's not an Anointed.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,191

Because Malus, Vlad or Gor-rok among others are such easy kills.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,437
    manpersal said:

Because Malus, Vlad or Gor-rok among others are such easy kills.
    neither has like 80% flat damage reduction or have a fast as **** horse and malus will continually lose health. still about as annoying tho.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox