Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Things you would never do

rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
Hello everyone

Tell me, if you were the leaders of a state, would you agree to sign an agreement with another state, that says that if your ally declare war on anyone, no matter who, you are with them in this war? Even without them notifying you a minute in advance?

Never, right?

Also historically, I do not remember such a kind of agreement, except for vassals, protectors or another type of puppet-state.

But in Total War Campaigns, there is a diplomatic option, called a "military alliance," which means just that.

I think in the next games of Total War, this option needs to be improved. When I play, I almost never want to sign a military alliance. But after the factions who like me drive me crazy almost every turn to sign a military alliance with them, I finally give up and sign, and then regret it.

Likewise, even faction, who has many military alliances, can declare war on you - and suddenly you discover that the whole world is against you without any prior preparation.

The issue of reliability is also not clear enough. It must be clear to the player: What happens when I betray the agreements I have signed? What price do I pay? And in case my military ally declares war on whoever has a defense alliance with me, with whom should I go so that my reliability is not harmed? The answer to these questions should not be clear only to those who have accumulated long hours in Total War games.

I also do not like the diplomatic option "join war against", it means that a faction can actually declare war on me on the one hand, but also avoid war against my defensive ally on the other. It must be that if anyone wants to fight against me - he will also declare war on my defense allies.

Speaking of diplomacy, there may be all sorts of diplomatic options, while switching cities, that in some Total War games they exist, and in some not. I think, the more diplomatic options there are, (that makes sense!) The more fun the game. Do not think so?

I would like to see the next Total War game, Warhammer 3, full of diplomatic options. At least like TW 3 Kingdoms.

Comments

• vg45vg45 DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 151
    You can just break the military alliance whenever your ally declares war on someone you don't want to declare war on. They will hate you for a while but if relations where really good then you can get back in their good graces. The leaders of Warhammer Fantasy are not the kinds that will deliberate long and hard about whether they can afford to declare war on the Vampire Counts and then send letters around to every military ally asking if they can afford to declare war on the Vampire Counts, decisions sometimes need to be made fast and then you need to know that your military allies have your back.

One thing that I think is super annoying is the buggering with alliance offers, if I refuse an offer once, don't come back without a lot of gold to sweeten the pot.
  • rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
    vg45 said:

You can just break the military alliance whenever your ally declares war on someone you don't want to declare war on. They will hate you for a while but if relations where really good then you can get back in their good graces. The leaders of Warhammer Fantasy are not the kinds that will deliberate long and hard about whether they can afford to declare war on the Vampire Counts and then send letters around to every military ally asking if they can afford to declare war on the Vampire Counts, decisions sometimes need to be made fast and then you need to know that your military allies have your back.

One thing that I think is super annoying is the buggering with alliance offers, if I refuse an offer once, don't come back without a lot of gold to sweeten the pot.

Yeah, and the most annoying part is when you have a strong faction and every turn, a weakling offers something along the lines of "Hello, lets sign non aggression pact, with you giving me 8000 gold" and if you dare to reject their generous offer, they have the audacity to threat and insult you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file