Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please develop Age of Empires building game, Total War style fighting game

Sparkykun1Sparkykun1 Registered Users Posts: 31
edited February 15 in Total War General Chat
I like the feeling of ordering villagers to construct multiple stables and barracks, building multiple units at the same time, and assembling them into armies. When two armies meet, they will fight on the map Total War style.

You can remove the "rebuild everything and research technology from scratch every game" formula, and have a RTS game where you develop and build at a starting location, defending it and expand it across to other areas.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 458
    I'd honestly rather have an AoE TW game than have a base building mechanic in the TW games.

I'd like to see the ability to advance your particular faction or culture over the centuries.
  • AgentGBAgentGB Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 475
    I use to like base building games when i was younger. Red Alert Tiberium Sun was a favourite. Age of Empires was good before i discovered Total War, with Knights & Merchants & Cossack's being an advanced version of Age of Empires in that genre.

Could work has a mod where each side has a castle on one end of the map with production, resource buildings that produces a wind of magic. That is converted into mana or some form of currency (winds of magic) that can be used to recruit (or raise units from the dead if a mod) I presume it could essentially be done in a form of a mod for Warhammer. There seems to be mechanics there for atleast a what if concept.

Then you would have a tug of war between the two side has you attempt to fight your way into each other castles or destroy them.
  • Sparkykun1Sparkykun1 Registered Users Posts: 31
    edited March 11
    AgentGB said:

I use to like base building games when i was younger. Red Alert Tiberium Sun was a favourite. Age of Empires was good before i discovered Total War, with Knights & Merchants & Cossack's being an advanced version of Age of Empires in that genre.

Could work has a mod where each side has a castle on one end of the map with production, resource buildings that produces a wind of magic. That is converted into mana or some form of currency (winds of magic) that can be used to recruit (or raise units from the dead if a mod) I presume it could essentially be done in a form of a mod for Warhammer. There seems to be mechanics there for atleast a what if concept.

Then you would have a tug of war between the two side has you attempt to fight your way into each other castles or destroy them.

The gameplay would be in the likes of Age of Empires, in which you gather resources, explore the map, advance in technology, and construct buildings to train units.

When two opposing units meet, they go into battle Total War style.

The game would focus a lot on exploration, resource management, training population, and establishing new bases. While combat is possible, it's not necessarily the main focus. Think of it as open-world RTS, where the objective is however you want it to be, and you can play it for as long as you want, however you want.