Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game 3 Age Rating - Steam DB Clues?

hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 4
edited February 22 in Total War General Chat
There has been some discussion on the forum regarding how Slaaneshi unit models will fit within the game's age rating and yet stay true to their tabletop appearance (regardless of whether they use the WFB or AoS style of models).

Well, if you look under "Additional Information" on the Steam DB page for game 3, you'll find lines for "has_adult_content" and "has_adult_content_violence", both marked "Yes". It is worth noting that neither game 1 or 2 has either line on Steam DB. The game 1 Blood for the Blood God DLC, however, does have a line for "has_adult_content_violence".

What do you think this means for game 3? Will the game not be launching with the T rating (or the non-US equivalent) that the first two games had? On another related note, will the game not have a Blood for the Blood God DLC, and instead come with blood effects as an option in the base game?

Link to the Total War: Warhammer III Steam DB page:
https://steamdb.info/app/1142710/info/
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I can virtually guarantee the game will launch with a T rating just as the other games in this series did, as it makes very little sense to come out with a sequel to a combined trilogy with a different rating. They will likely treat Warhammer 3 much the same way in terms of blood packs as the first 2 games, in that if you own the blood pack DLC for game 1, you get it for free as an option in game 3 a little bit after launch
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,849
    probably the early rating is something put in place to be legally sure until the
    content has been rated officially ?

• hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 4
    Indypride said:

I can virtually guarantee the game will launch with a T rating just as the other games in this series did, as it makes very little sense to come out with a sequel to a combined trilogy with a different rating. They will likely treat Warhammer 3 much the same way in terms of blood packs as the first 2 games, in that if you own the blood pack DLC for game 1, you get it for free as an option in game 3 a little bit after launch

That seems most logical, though I do wonder why have those lines on Steam DB. What's your take on how it will be handled? Any possibility of an effects/cosmetic DLC pack similar to a Blood for the Blood God DLC, or simply leave it at the Morathi/Harpy treatment and be done with it?
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,423

Indypride said:

That seems most logical, though I do wonder why have those lines on Steam DB. What's your take on how it will be handled? Any possibility of an effects/cosmetic DLC pack similar to a Blood for the Blood God DLC, or simply leave it at the Morathi/Harpy treatment and be done with it?
    Slaanesh whitout nipples? Game 3 whitout Slaanesh!
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,603
    #Freethenipple
    Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40k.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,449
    I'm very sure that CA will try to keep the rating down and only raise with the blood DLC (which those who own the previous onces will probably get for "free").
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,957
    I hope CA at least releases the blood DLC at launch this time.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,353
    Slaaneshi deamonettes will be putting on their pretty pink bikinis when they game launches I'm afraid boys... :/
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,806
    Well.. If they are going to increase the rating, then doing it on the third game when the fanbase is already well-established, is the time to do it..
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,603

Slaaneshi deamonettes will be putting on their pretty pink bikinis when they game launches I'm afraid boys... :/

Again #Freethenipple

If theres one faction that should troll the moral guardians is Slaanesh.
    Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40k.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,746
    Maybe there will be a setting you can change in game:

Bras on/Bras off
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 2,015

They are going to use the most recent models, which already are covered where necessary, Morathi has even less clothes, so don't expect them to change the models just so people can see virtual tits.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,384
    edited February 20
    It would be great but taking into account how stupidly companies chase those ratings I doubt it.
    Stephince said:

Maybe there will be a setting you can change in game:

Bras on/Bras off

Uuuuuhh, finally gonna see them troll nips on the Troll Hags, aren't we?

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,847
    Some designs may be too violent/weird, like the Great Unclean One with intestines coming from his guts.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,264
    Moved to Chat.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,012
    CA should expand Blood and Gore, turn it into Blood and Gore and Bosom.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif