Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to edit a faction description in Medieval 2 Total War: Definitive Edition

TOTALWAR222TOTALWAR222 Registered Users Posts: 53
edited February 2021 in Medieval II: Total War
Hi there:

I want to know how I can edit the descriptions of the game's factions in the campaign of Medieval 2, so that the game looks more cool. Does anyone know what I have to do? I have gone to the Steam files, in the folders, and I have been checking where that information is found, because it seems to be hidden. Tell me what I have to do please. For example: in the description of the Aztecs, the Papal States, the Mongols, and Timurids, they have no description. I'd like to add one to make it look better.

Thank you!

Comments

• TOTALWAR222TOTALWAR222 Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited February 2021
    Hi!

Please I need your help! How I can edit/modify a description of the nonplayable factons in Medieval 2 Total War? I think it is possible, if you help me.

Thanks!
    edited February 2021
    Hi!

Please I need your help! How I can edit/modify a description of the nonplayable factons in Medieval 2 Total War? I think it is possible, if you help me.

THIS IS MY THIRD THREAD!!

Thanks!
    Hi!

THIS IS MY FOURTH THREAD!!

Thanks!
    edited February 2021
    Hi!

THIS IS MY FIFTH THREAD!!

Thanks!
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • FritzvomWaldFritzvomWald Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 145
    edited February 2021
    1. Install my Bare Geomod mod set up: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352216
    2. Go into the mods\bare_geomod\text directory and open campaign_descriptions.txt
    3. edit the text to the right of the curly brackets, save file
    4. run bare geomod through it's desktop short cut

Tip: to easily access the directory simply right click the bare geomod desktop short cut and select 'open file location'
    author.png