Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why Ogre Kingdoms won't be the pre-order!!

Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 450
And why that's a good thing👍

There are a lot of potential new races that could be the pre-order this time around, but there's one i really hope it isn't. The Ogre Kingdoms!!!

Let's look at the previous two preorders. Warriors of Chaos is kinda disappointing. Sure it gots all the main stuff, but they're missing some pretty cool units. Chaos Warshrine comes to mind. Norsca got a few really cool models and lots of reskins. Mechanic wise they both feel a little lacking.

This is understandable, pre-orders are worked on along side the core game as an additive. So minor races are good fit for them.

Ice Age monsters with lumbering Ogres and little Gnoblars. I saw them and instantly knew they're going to be my favorite new race in game 3. Here are just a few of those units and characters.

That's a lot of cool new models and animations. There's more that i didn't even mention. I want CA to do them justice. A simple pre-order just ain't gonna cut it and it'd be crazy to expect it to.

They deserve a campaign pack with the same level of quality as the Tomb Kings or more. I just really like the Ogres. XD

Comments

• YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,711
    So ogres won’t be the pre-order just because you like them? OK, makes sence 😀. If I should place my money on some race, it would be DoW.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 450
    Yrellian said:

So ogres won’t be the pre-order just because you like them? OK, makes sence 😀. If I should place my money on some race, it would be DoW.

They require way more unique animations and models then basically any other choice. Its a ridiculously large amount of work to expect a pre-order to have.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,471
    Well DLC for DLC is an option thou Ido agree that from the main races left, CD and Orges, Ogres don't seem a good candidate for race packs but would be better with an campaign pack.

Mind you that would also be true for DoW, which CA could again as DLC for both WH2 &3, but have so many named characters that it is very easy to do 4 LL's.

CD are maybe easier to justify with only 2 LL's, but I'm still skeptical that the DLC race is really only for WH3.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

They require way more unique animations and models then basically any other choice. Its a ridiculously large amount of work to expect a pre-order to have.
    After Cathay and monogods, I do not expect anything. We will get what we will get and there is nothing we can do about it. CA must have heard us many times spitting on the idea of monogods when the russian leak went life and yet they did not change that. We are still getting monogods and dawi zharr and ogres are still a DLC, what kind, only CA knows.

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,260
    Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

After Cathay and monogods, I do not expect anything. We will get what we will get and there is nothing we can do about it. CA must have heard us many times spitting on the idea of monogods when the russian leak went life and yet they did not change that. We are still getting monogods and dawi zharr and ogres are still a DLC, what kind, only CA knows.
    There were loads of people who wanted monos, it's a case of some did, some didn't and the rest were easy.
    SiWI said:

Well DLC for DLC is an option thou Ido agree that from the main races left, CD and Orges, Ogres don't seem a good candidate for race packs but would be better with an campaign pack.

Mind you that would also be true for DoW, which CA could again as DLC for both WH2 &3, but have so many named characters that it is very easy to do 4 LL's.

CD are maybe easier to justify with only 2 LL's, but I'm still skeptical that the DLC race is really only for WH3.

I really hope they don't go overboard with the dlc for dlc. Cutting out content to later sell it again sounds like a dark rabbit hole i don't want CA to go down. It should feel more like an event to fully improve an old race. Like they did with Wood Elves.

Also yeah I agree!!! Ogres can easily get 4 lords and a legendary hero. Plus a ton of cool units. Every other potential race seems more likely to be the preorder to me.
    Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

I was one of people who wanted monos. xD

Also Ogre Kingdoms should be a campaign pack dlc. Not a preorder. That was kinda my point.

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

There were loads of people who wanted monos, it's a case of some did, some didn't and the rest were easy.
    Just by the many discussion on this forum and what I’ve seen from reddit, monogods were never the option most people wanted, but most of the people that were againts monogods changed sides immediately after the steam page for TWW3 went life, so good for CA I guess.

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Also Ogre Kingdoms should be a campaign pack dlc. Not a preorder. That was kinda my point.
    I got your point, but CA does not work on the bases of what is logical, that was my point with monogods.

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 2,226
    Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Just by the many discussion on this forum and what I’ve seen from reddit, monogods were never the option most people wanted, but most of the people that were againts monogods changed sides immediately after the steam page for TWW3 went life, so good for CA I guess.
    No one just wanted mono gods!

Aka as long there is alternative no one cared that was the main complain.

Aka we just getting mono gods now we getting two order race on top.

Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

No one just wanted mono gods!

Aka as long there is alternative no one cared that was the main complain.

Aka we just getting mono gods now we getting two order race on top.
    There were many people that wanted just monogods, they were just in minority.

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,576
    Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Kinda turning a blind eye here, there were plenty that do. Especially at the start when it was implied by the leak it could be a thing. Mono supporters got tired of waging into points to be lectured how that could never happen. Bit the prothreads were there, supporters were there.

And the casual gamer will turn up for them, we often confuse the less than 5% of players here or reddit combined are a miniature slice of the population.

Kinda like when people said Vampire Coast would sell. And a sizable chunk said it wont on here. Then you know, it did sell. Kinda like how they ignored multiple million dollar movies with zombie or curse pirates as proof the concept sells.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,357
    I'm like 99% certain Ogres will not be the preorder.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,216
    These are the exact reasons why Chaos Dwarfs shouldn't be the pre-order either.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    Yep. Unless CA got a very big budget for the pre-order.
    Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

I got your point, but CA does not work on the bases of what is logical, that was my point with monogods.
    Actually I would agrue monogods were a lot more logical then some think. It was always the best way to fully complete and represent the chaos races.

Cathay was the thing I didn't expect at all though.

That's kinda how I'm thinking things. What's the best way to complete the Warhammer races that makes sense. Ogres as a campaign pack fits all those requirements.
    Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

I've seen plenty of people supporting monos and if you ask the general population they will give different answers. I don't think you're in a position to speak for everyone who has an opinion and like everything, the vast majority will probably take it as it comes.
    Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Monogods is logical, the issue is you have bad info.

The evidence points towards Ogres being a Race pack DLC, in reference to their popularity and the amount of new models. As well as that, the Russian leak, it was correct about monos so why wouldn't it be correct about the Ogres?

These are the exact reasons why Chaos Dwarfs shouldn't be the pre-order either.

Yeah I don't think it'd be them either, but Ogres would be even less likely.

I'm like 99% certain Ogres will not be the preorder.

Same here.

Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

I've seen plenty of people supporting monos and if you ask the general population they will give different answers. I don't think you're in a position to speak for everyone who has an opinion and like everything, the vast majority will probably take it as it comes.
    I do not speak for anyone but myself. I am just reproducing what I’ve observed from the many discussion on this forum and reddit. Yes, most people do not care what they consume, that is why our world is where it is.

• GrenefellGrenefell Registered Users Posts: 175
    I feel most who already play warhammer 1/2 aren't going to want their favorite race to not be the preorder. Warriors of Chaos is not well designed. They're a horde everyone hates that can't hide and that's a **** place to be in.

I feel Norsca was quite good and fairly well designed for Warhammer 1, but the way occupation changed in warhammer 2 hurt them very badly.

In either case there's a very real lack of support that has (hopefully) come many years later for chaos and maybe never for Norsca. Hopefully CA has learned some lessons from this, but that remains to be seen.

Someone's got to get the possibly perceived short end of the stick, and the list of good candidates is fairly short.

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

The evidence points towards Ogres being a Race pack DLC, in reference to their popularity and the amount of new models. As well as that, the Russian leak, it was correct about monos so why wouldn't it be correct about the Ogres?
    So you think that they will be the race pack? Interesting. To each their own, I would prefer them as core, but now I am in the campaign pack camp.

Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

I do not speak for anyone but myself. I am just reproducing what I’ve observed from the many discussion on this forum and reddit. Yes, most people do not care what they consume, that is why our world is where it is.
    I don't think we should equate people not caring about monogods with the world's problems..
    Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

So you think that they will be the race pack? Interesting. To each their own, I would prefer them as core, but now I am in the campaign pack camp.
    Yeah meant campaign pack, that's what the leak said and I see no reason to question it without more info.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 565
    Ogres deserved 4 to 6 legendary lords with legendary heroes (they should not be forgotten), lots of cool diverse units and they even have a unique lore

Too big for pre-order DLC

Yrellian said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Jote191 said:

Yrellian said:

Yeah meant campaign pack, that's what the leak said and I see no reason to question it without more info.
    IIRC, in the leak they were just named DLC 15, it was never specified what kind of DLC they will be (race pack or campaign pack).

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 3,770
    edited February 26
    Dogs of War make the most sense as a preorder race.

Easy to make. Less expensive. Popular but not too popular.

The Ogres or the Chaos Dwarfs are both expensive to make and are very popular races which is exactly why they are better suited as campaign packs. CA will want to make money on them I'm sure.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
    Blaced said:

Ogres deserved 4 to 6 legendary lords with legendary heroes (they should not be forgotten), lots of cool diverse units and they even have a unique lore

Too big for pre-order DLC

I'm betting on Greasus Goldtooth, Golgfag Maneater, Skrag the Slaughterer, Ghark Ironskin as legendary lords and Bragg the Gutsman as a legendary hero.👍