Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is it really ordertide if Dark Elves become No. 1 everytime I play as any faction from the Old World

adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 317
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
Checkmate.

Forward onto Slaughter.
Post edited by dge1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,433
    Yes, because they mind they're own business, they don't come to the Old World to attacl Bretonnia or the Empire and when they do is too late to have any impact.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 810
    edited February 2021
    Doesn't seem to last in my experience. Either the Chaos Invasion destroys them from the north or Tyrion gets the confederation ball rolling and invades from the south.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    In my experience, they usually take over everything in the northern half of the new world and sometimes they take all of Ulthuan too. By this point they are number 2, assuming my own game is going well and I'm number 1. Eventually Bretonnia and the Empire become very powerful and start sending armies against them, and just wipe them out. If the High Elves survive they tend to invade all of Naggarond practically by themselves.

I've seen the DE become very powerful, but I've never seen them dominate in the same way the Empire does.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • X037X037 Registered Users Posts: 45
    Maybe you should play past turn 100?
  • icutoffmyearicutoffmyear Registered Users Posts: 28
    Agreed, in my latest game I'm playing Vamps and there's just my faction and Naggarond left, they have something like 110 settlements I have the rest of them - there's currently a titanic battle going on in Brettonia and up in Norsca. In one battle Malekith armed with the sword of Khaine got over a thousand kills :(
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,330
    They are in most campaigns no.1. But don't let it fool you. It's comming from black arks and their land armies are impotent.
  • Fraxure022Fraxure022 Registered Users Posts: 140
    Dark Elves are considered an Order Race generally, was my understanding. An evil one, but Order, nonetheless.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,433

Dark Elves are considered an Order Race generally, was my understanding. An evil one, but Order, nonetheless.

In appearance they looks like an Order race but looks can be deceiving :)
    Dark elfs are more in the Destruction side (the Forces of Order are essentially builders, not destroyers, they want prosperity and peace for their peoples and build/rebuild their realms), and while they contain the tide of chaos from the north of Naggaroth, they almost destroyed the world multiple times.
    Wargol5 said:

In appearance they looks like an Order race but looks can be deceiving :)
    Dark elfs are more in the Destruction side (the Forces of Order are essentially builders, not destroyers, they want prosperity and peace for their peoples and build/rebuild their realms), and while they contain the tide of chaos from the north of Naggaroth, they almost destroyed the world multiple times.
    Agreed. One could argue that Vampires are technically an 'order' race but in practice, they are destruction.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,514
    depend on Chaos invasion time, they usually defeated by chaos in my campaign
  • adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 317
    X037 said:

Maybe you should play past turn 100?

Lol, I do. Oh, I do it all the time. But it cannot be overlooked that I always have to destroy Druchii in the end.

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • VandicusVandicus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 321
    Even when they lose a bunch of land I can see them being #1 power. I think it's because the economy allows them to maintain a lot of troops. Could also be the black ark stacks. Something's up since they don't usually seem overly threatening.
    edited February 2021
    adjung said:

Lol, I do. Oh, I do it all the time. But it cannot be overlooked that I always have to destroy Druchii in the end.

Because they are the last in your way of expansion on a difficulty low enough to take over everything. What's that got to do with ordertide? Nothing. Play Norsca on legendary, that's ordertide.

Depending on what faction you play as you could even be a part of the ordertide and not even notice.
    Vandicus said:

Could also be the black ark stacks.

That.
  • Ulthuan_VolcanoUlthuan_Volcano Registered Users Posts: 299
    Yes because Malekith is gonna bring peace, freedom, justice and security to his new empire
    http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/ Ulthuan, Home of the Asur. If any high elf player is in the hobby too I would suggest you to check this forum.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,214
    edited February 2021
    Yes, because most of that power is on Black Arks, which can only attack other naval forces. The AI hasn't been programmed to attack coastal settlements with them, nor to move the units recruited on them to other armies. As such, a good portion of that power rating is limited in use and I have been able to straight up ignore them every single time I invade the Dark Elves.

That power rating is falty in this regard.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 843
    edited February 2021
    The alignment argument is easily solved...

Taken from the 8th Ed. Rule* book

*corrected
    Post edited by Ninjipples on

The alignment argument is easily solved...

Taken from the 8th Ed. Army book

Huh, I'd always thought of the Wood Elves as being more non-aligned. Shouldn't they get Shield of Civilisation then?
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,007
    Hondlis said:

They are in most campaigns no.1. But don't let it fool you. It's comming from black arks and their land armies are impotent.

It's absurd that the AI was never coded to attack coastal settlements with black arks after the change.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Huh, I'd always thought of the Wood Elves as being more non-aligned. Shouldn't they get Shield of Civilisation then?

I read all the time that they don't care much about what is going on outside of their magical forests, being isolationists.

Would they oppose a chaos invasion rather than join in? Most certainly. Does that make them allies of humans and dwarves? Hardly.
  • philosofoolphilosofool Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 938
    Alignment systems always break. To make matters worse, people are terrible at understanding them. That may not be their fault. Libertarians think they are chaotic good. I think they’re Lawful Neutral.