Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do you think CA will dumb down TWW3 even more or will they actually try to make it more strategic?

MSMisfakenewsMSMisfakenews Registered Users Posts: 192
So we all now that TWW2 is balanced in only one direction = Rapid growth, unlimited cheap doomstacks and way OP heros that basically make the game unplayable after turn 50.

Do you think in TWW3 that they will actually try to make TWW3 more of a strategic thought based game instead of the current mindless zombie romp broken mess that it currently is?

Comments

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,186
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 974
    This is a fanboy forum, sir, sarcasm and criticism are not tolerated here.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• MSMisfakenewsMSMisfakenews Registered Users Posts: 192

I have noticed. Thing is i am a fanboi, a huge one. I just want the game fixed so that it will be actaullly playable because TWW2 isnt unless you use mods.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 2,104
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,186
    Ahmahgawd boi´s, TWW2 is so unplayable it´s not even funny, literally unplayable to the point where nobody plays the game without mods.....Where do i pull those facts from you ask?...I pull them straight out my ass that´s where!

"Yum Yum"
  • Tempus_fugitTempus_fugit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,361
    I pity the fool.
    That's all.
    There is no time but the present. – S:TW Hojo, R:TW Brutii/Germania/Alemanni(BI), Med2: Venice, S2: Oda, R2: Julia/Boii/Suebi/Lusitani, Attila: Geats/Garamantians, WH: All factions VH, Wood Elves on L. TWWH2: Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Khalida, High Elves, Vampirates. ME: Khalida, Vampire Counts, Carcasonne, Wood Elves
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,906

This is hardly the case. If your posting history is mysogynistic and every thread is heavily opinionated, then you've lost any form of credibility in my eyes. Has nothing to do with echochambers and more to do with decency.
  • hara27hara27 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 29

So we all now that TWW2 is balanced in only one direction = Rapid growth, unlimited cheap doomstacks and way OP heros that basically make the game unplayable after turn 50.

Do you think in TWW3 that they will actually try to make TWW3 more of a strategic thought based game instead of the current mindless zombie romp broken mess that it currently is?

HERETIC!
    Shrek is life,

Shrek is ...

Love
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,260
    Yeah, because Shogun 2 and M2 are just the most complex TW games that ever existed..
    Not Shogun, but yeah, Medieval II and Rome I actually require the player to think a bit. For example, to take care of his men and other extraordinary stuff like that magical replenishment relieved us from.
    Nestor.

Not Shogun, but yeah, Medieval II and Rome I actually require the player to think a bit. For example, to take care of his men and other extraordinary stuff like that magical replenishment relieved us from.

Oh yeah, they were so complicated weren’t they? I remember not painting the map with little challenge.. oh wait, I did and they did have the same issues as every other TW game and this is more to do with a severe case of rise tinted spectacles. That’s right, I remember.

I remember highlights such as killing entire peasant armies with general in R1 or watching as an entire army lined up in front of the settlement gate as my heavy spears shattered the cavalry the second they made contact and watched their entire army walk into my heavily protected gate. Those were the days.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,471

there are plenty of scenarios were you would replenish faster in M2 or RI then in WH2.

The only thing those two games more was punished to use end game units (which made them often unusable in fact), because you couldn't replenish them in conquered lands due the lack of infrastructure.

And if you think that effectively braking your end game units by default is an good thing, I would have to disagree.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 575

Eh, this forum has sarcasm and criticism in spades already. A good bunch of negative threads and comments, often exaggerated, get a little boring after a while though.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    Complexity for complexity's sake is dumb. I would rather have a simpler game where the choices are important and interesting than one that creates a byzantine ruleset full of inconsequential decisions.
  • TdchristmasTdchristmas Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 37
    The guy has a point - the game isn't that 'strategic' - The idea they had in Troy was worth exploring - where you have to have x resources to build and maintain units.
    edited February 28

The guy has a point - the game isn't that 'strategic' - The idea they had in Troy was worth exploring - where you have to have x resources to build and maintain units.

It’s about as strategic as every other TW game. There was no big thinking required for the earlier games either.

There were loads of cheeses in M2 like never ending ship movements, putting forts on resources etc. If you use cheese it’s easier.. it’s simple.

Completely agree man and well said

Oh yeah, they were so complicated weren’t they? I remember not painting the map with little challenge.. oh wait, I did and they did have the same issues as every other TW game and this is more to do with a severe case of rise tinted spectacles. That’s right, I remember.

I remember highlights such as killing entire peasant armies with general in R1 or watching as an entire army lined up in front of the settlement gate as my heavy spears shattered the cavalry the second they made contact and watched their entire army walk into my heavily protected gate. Those were the days.
    Yeah, not at all comparable to Tyrion and an overpowered vampire wiping out entire armies single-handedly.

Anyway, because you seem to be struggling with different opinions:
    There were several aspects of the older games, which I like, because I believe they made the games more immersive, thoughtful and enjoyable.

You are of course welcome to disagree with my opinion and clumsily attempt to dismiss it as nostalgia, but you should not expect your triggered reaction to be taken very seriously.
    Nestor.

Yeah, not at all comparable to Tyrion and an overpowered vampire wiping out entire armies single-handedly.

There were several aspects of the older games, which I like, because I believe they made the games more immersive, thoughtful and enjoyable.

You are of course welcome to disagree with my opinion and clumsily attempt to dismiss it as nostalgia, but you should not expect your triggered reaction to be taken very seriously.
    AMEN!!!!!! Well said!!!!!!
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,732
    There are three points which IMO requires improvement:

- It's too easy to conquer and keep almost any settlements. I wish there are more effect from climate / corruption, so it's harder to keep and develop a region where you don't really belong. It should remain a sandbox, so I'd rather avoid Game 1 solution with occupation, and be able to occupy any region. But with some challenge when needed.

- Confederation: too easy (Bretonnia = just get the tech), doesn't make much sense. I'd rather see a system where to condiferate you have to meet several conditions, like you should have been allied for long enough, have good relation, maybe have research a tech, and have done some special actions (a bit like for the WE and Empire). So you need to actually work for it.

- Resources and doom stack: a mechanism were to get a powerfull stack of the best units, you cannot just spam them, but need several building (tomb king), or resource (Troy), or upgrading units (Troy Amazons) to get there.

Coming from the guy who kept losing his head because people didn’t accept his vision of WH3.. monos as core and nothing else?

But they’re expanding the game - reply ‘waaah the Russian leak’

But they need a good faction - reply ‘waaah the Russian leak’

But the Chaos faction isn’t popular, it’s a big risk - reply ‘waaah the Russian leak’

Cathay would be good to enter the Chinese market - reply ‘waaah the Russian leak’

It did make me chuckle when you mentioned ‘struggling with different opinions’.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 3,437
    Can we have some citations instead of everyone saying my opinion? TWW fans why is M2 less complex and M2 fans why is it more complex? GO!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    edited February 28
    I don't really feel Warhammer was "dumbed down" in comparison with previous TW games. It was always a relatively beer & pretzel strategy series, and then mods made it more complex and realistic. It's just how it works.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,870
    Xenos7777 said:

I don't really feel Warhammer was "dumbed down" in comparison with previous TW games. It was always a relatively beer & pretzel strategy series, and then mods made it more complex and realistic. It's just how it works.

Autoconversion says hello, probably the #1 piece of evidence that TWWH was indeed dumbed down massively.

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    edited February 28

Xenos7777 said:

Autoconversion says hello, probably the #1 piece of evidence that TWWH was indeed dumbed down massively.
    I don't call that "dumbing down". It's just a change in gameplay pace, but it's not like having to rebuild a province from the ground up was some kind of big strategic choice. Sure it was harder, but not more complex. Still, I prefer a slower pace so use the mod disabling autoconversion, it works fine.
  • SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Registered Users Posts: 208
    Will the mods do their job and ban trolls or will we have to deal with **** like this forever?
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,870
    Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

I don't call that "dumbing down". It's just a change in gameplay pace, but it's not like having to rebuild a province from the ground up was some kind of big strategic choice. Sure it was harder, but not more complex. Still, I prefer a slower pace so use the mod disabling autoconversion, it works fine.
    False.

In other games until you converted you got less money, no garrison and slowed down replenishment, so if you captured a settlement with heavy losses you couldn't immediately replace them and were at a disadvantage if you got counter attacked. You had to invest time and money into a new conquest to make it pay for itself too. This consideration falls completely to the wayside in TWWH thanks to autoconversion, now constantly expanding is always the best course of action and has no drawbacks at all and you get to save a ton of time and money. So what happens? Earlier and easier steamrolling, that's what.

Coming from the guy who kept losing his head because people didn’t accept his vision of WH3.. monos as core and nothing else?

But the Chaos faction isn’t popular, it’s a big risk - reply ‘waaah the Russian leak’

Cathay would be good to enter the Chinese market - reply ‘waaah the Russian leak’

So, no counter-argument...

Alright, I accept your surrender.
    Nestor.

So, no counter-argument...

Alright, I accept your surrender.
    You didn’t give one.. Tyrian’s really powerful? Yeah, so is England with its powerful armoured infantry, great cav and easy island start. So what? I still painted the map with little thought, there were multiple cheeses that could be used.

What argument? Are you trying to tell me M2 was a huge challenge? It was deep? The AI was vastly better? If you are - you’re simply wrong.

So, I thought I’d just focus on the hilarity of you accusing someone else of not being able to disagree.. ok sweet pea?
This discussion has been closed.