Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possible DLC, lore, ideas..

davedave1124davedave1124 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 13,251
I don't normally see these sort of speculation videos from Cody Bonds.. could be interesting.

Comments

• manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 1,780
    edited February 28
    I think some DE fans are going to be mad after watching this. That said, an improved hydra wouldn't sell the dlc to me on the DE side of things, I'd definitely prefer the avatar.
    Post edited by manpersal on
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,852
    If I wanted to watch a video I'd go to YouTube... Summarize the video if you want a discussion..
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    I still think a LP slot for the Dark Elves is unnecessary. Hmmm, but we'll see. I guess the Black Ark fleetmaster is a nice thing to have, Magma Dragon as well if CA manages to make them a little unique. But even more hydras? nah.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,251

If I wanted to watch a video I'd go to YouTube... Summarize the video if you want a discussion..

The choice is there, watch, discuss or FO.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,852

The same could have been said AT the YouTube video.. But for some reason you decided to lazily bring it to this forum and not even bother to try and create an original discussion...
    edited February 28

The same could have been said AT the YouTube video.. But for some reason you decided to lazily bring it to this forum and not even bother to try and create an original discussion...
    Plenty of people do this because some people are interested in these videos. And yet there's a discussion happening. Don't like it - do one.

Post edited by davedave1124 on
    JungleElf said:

I still think a LP slot for the Dark Elves is unnecessary. Hmmm, but we'll see. I guess the Black Ark fleetmaster is a nice thing to have, Magma Dragon as well if CA manages to make them a little unique. But even more hydras? nah.

He gives a bit of info why he thinks it could be DE and also goes into why he could be wrong. I'll be honest, I would prefer the LM than the DE.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 3,437
    Rakarth DLC. Vomit.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    A Hydra variant doesn't seem that interesting as a centrepiece unit...
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 300
    edited February 28
    be nice for De's to have some new Hydra's since the greenskins stole the base one's from them for there waagh's. this DLC already looking good

• YitterbumYitterbum Registered Users Posts: 372
    Dark Elves have a number of units to draw from before going after another hydra reskin.

Potential Units:
    - Black Ark Fleetmaster
    - Statue of Khaine
    - Magma Dragon
    - Manticore Lords
    - Draich Masters (Champion unit of Executioners)
    - Black Ark Reavers (Champion unit of Black Ark Corsairs)
    - City Guard (Lothern seaguard equivalent)

The spellthirster would make for a nice FLC unit to come with Rakarth in a Game 3 FLC though.
  • AraethonAraethon Registered Users Posts: 768

JungleElf said:

He gives a bit of info why he thinks it could be DE and also goes into why he could be wrong. I'll be honest, I would prefer the LM than the DE.
    I'd prefer LM get their final LP in game 3 with an accompanying rework tbh. WIth this the DE would be functionally completely roster wise.
    Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

I'd prefer LM get their final LP in game 3 with an accompanying rework tbh. WIth this the DE would be functionally completely roster wise.
    Lizardmen game-mechanics are more disconnected and dysfunctional, though.

I personally think it's the other way around.
    Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

I'm not sure there will automatically be a 3rd DLC and that's it. It seems likely the Skaven will get another so I don't see why the LM won't get a 4th.

It's been a long time since we saw a LM DLC, another DE would be a bit stale at the moment. Throt got a lot even though they mostly worked on the WE so I don't see why we can't get some decent reworks with LM.

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

I'm not sure there will automatically be a 3rd DLC and that's it. It seems likely the Skaven will get another so I don't see why the LM won't get a 4th.

It's been a long time since we saw a LM DLC, another DE would be a bit stale at the moment. Throt got a lot even though they mostly worked on the WE so I don't see why we can't get some decent reworks with LM.
    You'd seriously have to stretch to make a 4th one for Lizardmen, considering all they have left is the Troglodon and the Coatl, perfect for a single LP. And considering how many races are in dire need of a LP rn, LM would be perfectly fine being finished with a final LP in game 3 + Rework and maybe an extra Lord?
    Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

You'd seriously have to stretch to make a 4th one for Lizardmen, considering all they have left is the Troglodon and the Coatl, perfect for a single LP. And considering how many races are in dire need of a LP rn, LM would be perfectly fine being finished with a final LP in game 3 + Rework and maybe an extra Lord?
    Although, they may be crazy enough to do the Thunder Lizard.. unlikely before Cathay but now a more reasonable outcome.

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Although, they may be crazy enough to do the Thunder Lizard.. unlikely before Cathay but now a more reasonable outcome.
    Why though? A DLC monster even bigger than the Dread Saurian, which is already an anti-infantry mulcher and a tier 5 unit. At best I could see thunder lizards acting as land based Black Arks for the LM, but as a unit they'd be overkill.
    Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Why though? A DLC monster even bigger than the Dread Saurian, which is already an anti-infantry mulcher and a tier 5 unit. At best I could see thunder lizards acting as land based Black Arks for the LM, but as a unit they'd be overkill.
    People originally said the DS would be over kill and a lot of people liked it. I think it's fine to have a mixture of decent and worthwhile mechanics mixed with good old tradition hype.

I think a few of us suggested he should be almost a mechanic or new rite but that should be part of the LM, a mix of new mechanics and wow monsters.

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

People originally said the DS would be over kill and a lot of people liked it. I think it's fine to have a mixture of decent and worthwhile mechanics mixed with good old tradition hype.

I think a few of us suggested he should be almost a mechanic or new rite but that should be part of the LM, a mix of new mechanics and wow monsters.
    But missing the point that an inclusion of the Thunder Lizard
    1. Would be overkill to animate, the DS alone ate the majority of the unit budget for H&B
    2. Would make the DS completely obsolete as it's roll as the infantry muncher would have been taken by a better monster
    Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

1. Would be overkill to animate, the DS alone ate the majority of the unit budget for H&B
    2. Would make the DS completely obsolete as it's roll as the infantry muncher would have been taken by a better monster
    I don't think it would be. A lot of people told me Cathay would be too much work and look how that turned out. It's fine for the TL to take a lot of the unit budget (even though we don't really know how much it took up).

You have to create a specific top tier building to get a single DS, maybe it'll be harder for a TL.. maybe you can only get one.

CA have lots of options and none of us really know the ins and outs of time, cost, mechanics etc.
    edited February 28

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

You do know the size of a Thunderlizard is immense, correct? As big as a temple? They're basically natural disasters; A bit like Godzilla. Ploughing whole jungles.

Anyway, I don't have anything against another game 2 Lizardmen DLC, coupled with the Beastmen getting the most out of it in terms of units.

Game 3 could always introduce a small FLC LL to finish it up, or another LP if every game 2 race gets one again, after game 1 is taken care off properly.
    JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

You do know the size of a Thunderlizard is immense, correct? As big as a temple? They're basically natural disasters; A bit like Godzilla. Ploughing whole jungles.

Anyway, I don't have anything against another game 2 Lizardmen DLC, coupled with the Beastmen getting the most out of it in terms of units.

Game 3 could always introduce a small FLC LL to finish it up, or another LP if every game 2 race gets one again, after game 1 is taken care off properly.
    Yes, I'm aware of their size but I am aware CA are more than willing to go bigger than we give them credit for. People argued the DS was too big.

We've had ca lot of TL discussions in the past, how they may only be allowed to have one in any army at a time, or little control over them or massive debuffs etc. I think a Slann can control them up to a point so I don't think it'll be a massive issue for CA. It just depends on the overall budget and what the LM are going up against.

I get a feeling CA like a shock arrival every now and then.
  • RalevRalev Registered Users Posts: 54
    The more DE I play the more I think they could do with some better centrepiece units. I think a DE DLC would actually be really good for them and nicely cap off their roster (especially with a dragon or avatar). Their place in WH3 is uncertain and they will not be a priority

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Yes, I'm aware of their size but I am aware CA are more than willing to go bigger than we give them credit for. People argued the DS was too big.

We've had ca lot of TL discussions in the past, how they may only be allowed to have one in any army at a time, or little control over them or massive debuffs etc. I think a Slann can control them up to a point so I don't think it'll be a massive issue for CA. It just depends on the overall budget and what the LM are going up against.

We're talking the size of 20+ Dread Saurians, though.

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

I don't think it would be. A lot of people told me Cathay would be too much work and look how that turned out. It's fine for the TL to take a lot of the unit budget (even though we don't really know how much it took up).

You have to create a specific top tier building to get a single DS, maybe it'll be harder for a TL.. maybe you can only get one.

CA have lots of options and none of us really know the ins and outs of time, cost, mechanics etc.
    What part of "it's role is fulfilled by the DS and adding it into the game would make the DS obsolete" did you not get?
    It would be like adding Emperor Dragons to the HE. In theory it sounds cool but then you realise, what's the point of using a Star Dragon when I have a better monster that does the exact same job?
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Not to mention that to truly do it justice would be the death of the games FPS. Performance is already a sore thumb for a lot of people and introducing a temple sized monster would just crash the game for most people.
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

I think CA can resize it if the need to, they can change the map they can certainly change a unit.
    Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

What part of "it's role is fulfilled by the DS and adding it into the game would make the DS obsolete" did you not get?
    It would be like adding Emperor Dragons to the HE. In theory it sounds cool but then you realise, what's the point of using a Star Dragon when I have a better monster that does the exact same job?
    That's more your opinion than anything and you seem to have completely ignored my points. What's the point of using the 2 Dragons that come before a Star Dragon? Are Moon Dragons pointless? If your argument holds then Moon Dragons are pointless.

The difference between a TL and a DS could be based on availability, cost, mechanics or something no one is aware of. CA could approach it in a totally different way than you imagine. There's to many gaps in our knowledge to make such an objective claim.

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

I think CA can resize it if the need to, they can change the map they can certainly change a unit.
    Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

That's more your opinion than anything and you seem to have completely ignored my points. What's the point of using the 2 Dragons that come before a Star Dragon? Are Moon Dragons pointless? If your argument holds then Moon Dragons are pointless.

The difference between a TL and a DS could be based on availability, cost, mechanics or something no one is aware of. CA could approach it in a totally different way than you imagine. There's to many gaps in our knowledge to make such an objective claim.
    Then it wouldn't be a Thunder Lizard anymore. I don't think they would add them for the sake of adding them.

Coatls? Fine. Troglodon? Necessary. I think the Lizardmen are pretty much finished with those and 1-2 Legendary Lords.
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Then it wouldn't be a Thunder Lizard anymore. I don't think they would add them for the sake of adding them.

Coatls? Fine. Troglodon? Necessary. I think the Lizardmen are pretty much finished with those and 1-2 Legendary Lords.
    If you apply that argument to the map then the current ME isn't the WH world anymore. If CA make it 2 or 3 times bigger than the DS it will be the TL as GW's OK'd it.

Lot's og people argued the DS was there for the sake of it.. didn't add that much beyond the other dinos, what does the Star Dragon add that the Moon Dragon doesn't?

Remember, it's sales and that's a big pull. Now, I'm sure CA can add mechanics and abilities that will add something beyond a DS, I'm sure they are more than capable.

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

Araethon said:

JungleElf said:

If you apply that argument to the map then the current ME isn't the WH world anymore. If CA make it 2 or 3 times bigger than the DS it will be the TL as GW's OK'd it.

Lot's og people argued the DS was there for the sake of it.. didn't add that much beyond the other dinos, what does the Star Dragon add that the Moon Dragon doesn't?

Remember, it's sales and that's a big pull. Now, I'm sure CA can add mechanics and abilities that will add something beyond a DS, I'm sure they are more than capable.
    Again, the Thunder Lizard is the size of a small city. The Lizardmen fear for their cities when one is close by.